Beer recommendations.. What's tickling your buds, bud?

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Re: Beer recommendations.. What's tickling your buds, bud?

Post by Mr Gus »

Ahoyhoy beer drinkers.. this may be of interest to you, Im a.fan of elvis juice, but generally BD is too expensive per can to make mistakes with.

But at under 90pper can... well, I'll comprise & learn.

This deal though is all in delivered price + a random bd quaffing vessel.

https://discountdragon.co.uk/product/24 ... ction-box/
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:05 pm Ahoyhoy beer drinkers.. this may be of interest to you, Im a.fan of elvis juice, but generally BD is too expensive per can to make mistakes with.

But at under 90pper can... well, I'll comprise & learn.

This deal though is all in delivered price + a random bd quaffing vessel.

https://discountdragon.co.uk/product/24 ... ction-box/
Purchase made. These are obviously leftover advent calanders…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Yup, Stinsy is correct, 24 x 330ml brewdog advent beers + 6 larger overstock brewdog + 1 x glass.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Candy kittens is nuts, enjoy! :)
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Tonight i'm on the Aldi £2.99 for 750ml swing top bottle (yay justifies the price)"Biere Triple" (3 grain) ..it's normally £3.30 per bottle 6% very smooth, having it with some sous vide pork medallions & air fry baked spuds that are very floury (aldi again)

Its a sweet, non gassy beer that warrants sipping from a glass, & decently chilled I unusually get enough taste out of this to split the bottle over 2 days / meals (that convenient stopper) if it were a wine it'd be in the dessert category, ..since innis & gunn changed the recipe of their original vanilla'd beer this has become my sipping mainstay.

Baked spuds rolled in oil, sprinkled with the fab cornish sea salt w/ garlic & some of the paprika salt (same brand) when split.
Peas & sweetcorn as the fast fix veg of choice, as We are now needing stocks in a broccoli farm, a semi steamed head of broc then thrown into the air fryer for 7 mins at full power, is cooked "crispily" ..if youd have fed me this as a kid I'd have been in raptures, try it out on a wee kid ..you may be surprised!

Finish with a bit of cornish flavoured salt (that entire head is mine, not for sharing) our dogs eat the main stalk, no waste

If you brew / have got a gin rectifiers license :shock: this is a good bottle to have around (my collection is growing), or for making up a decent amount of vanilla exctract with a vodka such as absolut. my neighbours baby is now a year old so I'm able to prep her a nice bottle (using this swingtop) for all those pancakes, cakes, ice cream & biscuits mums make.. likely 5 years worth for your average baker, ..like anything decent vanilla extract is a pricey commodity these days.

Oh & a shout out for Gordons seville orange gin. ..lovely intense flavour & scent, not a novelty flavouring, had a snifter of that a few months ago, having been disappointed by so many gins that failed to deliver & this one actually stands up to be counted, no idea how big that spirit column bubbler must be, but plenty of nose & orange flavour to be taken seriously.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Tonight a beer from robinsons brewery that is a big marmite, "Ginger Tom" very gingery, very beer-y as one would hope.

Not a summer brew unless served at an ice bar 😉
NOT an alcopop, a nice change from the norm.

Some wes-cundry cydre later maybe (need sleep tonight)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:02 pm Tonight a beer from robinsons brewery that is a big marmite, "Ginger Tom" very gingery, very beer-y as one would hope.

Not a summer brew unless served at an ice bar 😉
NOT an alcopop, a nice change from the norm.

Some wes-cundry cydre later maybe (need sleep tonight)
I like the sound of that one.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Robinsons was one of the local breweries where I grew up - ok, it’s from Stockport, but they had a lot of pubs around us (SE Cheshire).

Was one of those beers that was usually bleuugh, unless you found the places that kept it and served it right, when it was the best beer in the world.

Our favourite Robinsons place was the Harrington Arms in Gawsworth. https://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/pubs/h ... gawsworth/

At the time, it was one part of a working farm - pub at the front, farm at the back.

Publican was the farmer

Toilets were really ‘out back’, ie, you went across the farm yard. Beer was kept in the barrel on a still behind the bar - served directly from the barrel.

Went in one night to be told we couldn’t use the lounge (a relative term) - the publican/farmer was laid out in there.

Good times - then it was modernised. Ah well.
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Forgot to say, the Co-Op do an own label bitter that’s brewed by Robinsons. It’s not bad, gives me some ‘memories’ and is, well down here, there cheapest beer on offer.

Robinsons used to do a Barley Wine on draught - Old Tom, and yes, as stupid teenagers we used to drink it by the pint - think it was in the 12-14% ABV range :lol:
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Yes, Robinsons are a strange brewery who for years sat on their laurels I think (but not as bad as wychwood)

The partnership with Iron maiden seems to have picked them up a bit to try harder with a wider audience, their day of the dead brew, cold from the fridge was nice enough, but the original trooper, not good at all.

So I was surprised some years ago to find their ginger tom beer to my liking.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS