Beer recommendations.. What's tickling your buds, bud?

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Beer recommendations.. What's tickling your buds, bud?

Post by Mr Gus »

Well, not Budweiser obviously.

In this hot weather I've been enjoying the pronounced grapefruit flavour within Brewdog 's "Elvis Juice"

The other night, a chilled stout (Liverpool brewery) by "Love Lane" maple syrup stout, ..they used a lot of maple, delicious, caramel, no sharp coffee notes
At 7.4% a definite armchair beer, much stronger than I'd usually drink ..session brews at 3.8 -4.2% ..but hey.

Oh the cheaper end of the scale a regular "I just fancy a bottle" ..I have no qualms with an £0.89p cold "banks" ale, (lidl, aldi, tesco) ..quaffable if you haven't tried it.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Fintray

Re: Beer recommendations.. What's tickling your buds, bud?

Post by Fintray »

Brewdog's Hazy Jane is my current favourite.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
billi

Post by billi »

local beer and in your words " tickeling" the " Buds" , for me , why do you ask , that way ? No Dating hotline available ?
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Ha ha Billi, its a British idiom "tickling the taste buds" whats satisfying your thirst or your hunger presently?

I suppose a similar German idiom would be Das Auge isst mit which i think means your eyes eat with you ? so if it looks good it probably tastes good ?yes

Nothing to do with dating or other nefarious pastimes :lol:

Gus, not really a drinker of alcholic beverages maybe once or twice a month? but we have enjoyed some shandy made with doombar and of course the other favourite is any of the old mute cider pops - but thats just my jaded/ immature palate lol

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Tuborg Malt if in bottle or Efes on draught. At home I am a simple man. Stella Artois. :)
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:33 pm Well, not Budweiser obviously.

In this hot weather I've been enjoying the pronounced grapefruit flavour within Brewdog 's "Elvis Juice"

The other night, a chilled stout (Liverpool brewery) by "Love Lane" maple syrup stout, ..they used a lot of maple, delicious, caramel, no sharp coffee notes
At 7.4% a definite armchair beer, much stronger than I'd usually drink ..session brews at 3.8 -4.2% ..but hey.

Oh the cheaper end of the scale a regular "I just fancy a bottle" ..I have no qualms with an £0.89p cold "banks" ale, (lidl, aldi, tesco) ..quaffable if you haven't tried it.
I cannot stomach Elvis Juice, I'm all about "Hazy Jane" and "Gamma Ray" though.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
billi

Post by billi »

Moxi wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:13 pm Ha ha Billi, its a British idiom "tickling the taste buds" whats satisfying your thirst or your hunger presently?

I suppose a similar German idiom would be Das Auge isst mit which i think means your eyes eat with you ? so if it looks good it probably tastes good ?yes

Nothing to do with dating or other nefarious pastimes :lol:

Gus, not really a drinker of alcholic beverages maybe once or twice a month? but we have enjoyed some shandy made with doombar and of course the other favourite is any of the old mute cider pops - but thats just my jaded/ immature palate lol

Moxi
Still a learner Moxi , to understand all tones between the lines :D :shock: :roll:

I drink now a Kulmbach Eelherb as they say "Wir aus Kulmbach sind Edel und Herb "
Image super Pils that is and towes the nails of every Bud -Var
Last edited by billi on Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

We are all still learners Billi :) and as a Yorkshire man I can honestly say your English is way better than mine :lol:

How's your mushrooms ? mine last batch all succumbed to the hot weather and I could not get them to cultivate no matter what I tried, I still have some starter so I will try another batch in September I think.

Moxi
billi

Post by billi »

well , would be great to multiply like mushrooms , big hopes then :D (if we have the water)

https://www.beerwanderers.com/tag/beer- ... itzerland/ beeing back here , but miss West Cork Ireland and a good Stout of Murtphys
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Anyone visiting CAMRA Peterborough beer fest 23rd they 27th August?
https://pborobeerfest.camra.org.uk

https://tckty.camra.org.uk/e/48/43rd-pe ... al#details
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more