Politics

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Joeboy

Politics

Post by Joeboy »

Please don't bring politics to the board.

In any form it will be offensive to somebody so just don't bring it here no matter how well intended you may feel.

This isn't the place. Thank you.

A member forfeited his right to post here today by firstly posting a political shortcut to video and then subsequently logging on multiple times after I had asked him to remove it and not removing the video link.

I really can't be bothered having to ban people or waste time writing this stuff. But I will. Enjoy the board but please don't bring that stuff here.
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Re: Politics

Post by Joeboy »

From the about to be deleted thread.

'What is really bugging me here is that someone I like and respect has now went to bat for this fella (which I applaud).

It's not changing my mind as the OP had the chance and time to amend his post multiple times and take it elsewhere to a more suitable soapbox but he didn't and then tries to turn it into a vote.

It's not going to work like that here.

Just leave the politics and religion at the door please. It will make for an easier time all round. We really don't need the friction.'

I'm going to add to this, just a little bit. I don't enjoy banning people. I go through quite a lot of angst through the process and even afterwards.

At the risk of sounding over authoritarian.

If I ask you to do something it's not a powertrip. I'll have assessed the circumstances and my request will be for the benefit of the forum as a whole. Please let the self go as people seem to cling to their wee ideas as being sacred cows. I get that, can even understand the 'in the moment' feelings.

But I won't mess about any more, 3 strikes and gone. It's costing me time on my holidays and in my real life. Fair enough?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Please can I be banned.

Ive had enough of the Joeboy Crap. :fan:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages 

1. BRITISH
talk at length in a foolish or boring way.
adjective
BRITISH
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

No problem Alan. I thought you'd left already. Last week I thought?

Thanks for the critique. All the best to you. That's strange, no angst this time. All the best in yooooouuurr future endeavours. :cat-shock:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Krill

Post by Krill »

OK, I'll bite Joeboy.

A simple question which I've wondered about for the past year: are you the owner if this site? Or a mod only?

I actually prefer fora which have a no politics rule. I don't have any issues with the rules here, but it would be nice to know who is actually enforcing them.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Krill wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:43 pm OK, I'll bite Joeboy.

A simple question which I've wondered about for the past year: are you the owner if this site? Or a mod only?

I actually prefer fora which have a no politics rule. I don't have any issues with the rules here, but it would be nice to know who is actually enforcing them.
Not that simple a question. It's a team thing. One side of the team provides the servers, software and tech skills to catch many, many dobbwahs (real and electronic)who try to join. I'm front of house and the money to keep it running in the hope that 'We' as a combination can help multiple others on their way in RE. The greater 'we' provide the actual forum (that's you guys). I am sorely tempted to wax lyrical on this just to hack off the shade of exmember Alan who will be passing through this evening. Still pissed off at lasts weeks rebuke on batteries.

The thing is though, when you pay hard cash to keep a thing running at no profit other than helping your fellow man and some dick decides that his opinion should be soapboxed or he'd like to be snide at the cost of new guys, I'm not a fan of that. To say it is irksome likely doesn't cover it. We don't charge a membership fee, the cost is be nice or be gone. I think that's fair?

I aim to provide a nice safe Internet space where people of any sex, colour, religion, political leaning, wealth factor can swap info on RE adventures & experience but don't bring non related baggage. Thanks for asking. :D

No need to bite. :twisted:

P.S To be clear, we lost two members today. Both had shown signs over the years of being dicks. I don't say that to be cruel but both confirmed it was there in the comms over the years and ego quickly showed when tested. I've seen the patterns before and sadly its best to let it hit the terminus fast rather than stringing it out. The actual definition of 'dick' is up to you. I'm just using a catch all term for people who's ego outstrip their utility to the forum.
Last edited by Joeboy on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

If I'm not mistaken Joeboy pays the fees for the site and has set a couple of simple rules (no politics or religion). There is enough negative stuff happening in the world and it is is good to come here and read what other likeminded people have to say about RE on this site without being bothered with either of the two rule breaking subjects. Though I don't mind a dig at those in power when it comes to RE subjects :D
Beaten to it!
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:19 pm

If I'm not mistaken Joeboy pays the fees for the site and has set a couple of simple rules (no politics or religion). There is enough negative stuff happening in the world and it is is good to come here and read what other likeminded people have to say about RE on this site without being bothered with either of the two rule breaking subjects. Though I don't mind a dig at those in power when it comes to RE subjects :D
Beaten to it!
Thanks Ian. Mucho appreciato. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

Same for me, I’m here to learn about the things I’m interested in, batteries, inverters, new technology.

Happy to leave the politics/religion out of all of it.
That’s for dinner time face to face conversations where you can hear the tone of the conversation and reply appropriately.

Enjoy your holidays mate, your doing a good job!
Krill

Post by Krill »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:12 pm

Not that simple a question. It's a team thing. One side of the team provides the servers, software and tech skills to catch many, many dobbwahs (real and electronic)who try to join. I'm front of house and the money to keep it running in the hope that 'We' as a combination can help multiple others on their way in RE. The greater 'we' provide the actual forum (that's you guys). I am sorely tempted to wax lyrical on this just to hack off the shade of exmember Alan who will be passing through this evening. Still pissed off at lasts weeks rebuke on batteries.

The thing is though, when you pay hard cash to keep a thing running at no profit other than helping your fellow man and some dick decides that his opinion should be soapboxed or he'd like to be snide at the cost of new guys, I'm not a fan of that. To say it is irksome likely doesn't cover it. We don't charge a membership fee, the cost is be nice or be gone. I think that's fair?

I aim to provide a nice safe Internet space where people of any sex, colour, religion, political leaning, wealth factor can swap info on RE adventures & experience but don't bring non related baggage. Thanks for asking. :D

No need to bite. :twisted:

P.S To be clear, we lost two members today. Both had shown signs over the years of being dicks. I don't say that to be cruel but both confirmed it was there in the comms over the years and ego quickly showed when tested. I've seen the patterns before and sadly its best to let it hit the terminus fast rather than stringing it out. The actual definition of 'dick' is up to you. I'm just using a catch all term for people who's ego outstrip their utility to the forum.
If you pay the bills, it's your house, I got no problem with that; thank you for being willing to share hearth and home. I don't see any issue with the social contract as you've described it, seems more than fair.

Thank you, I do appreciate the time you've put in to answer the question. :xl: I hope the holiday is suiting you.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)