Politics

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
AlBargey

Re: Politics

Post by AlBargey »

Wowsers, I'm not comfortable with this. Not very inclusive or cooperative.
38m Barge, Solar (10.6 kWp), 26 kWh of LFP, Victron Quattro 8 kVA, CerboGX, 3,500L STP, 57kVa Perkins
Our live data: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installat ... e/c76c4bf6
AGT

Post by AGT »

What not comfortable following the rules of the forum, that state keep politics, religion for somewhere else?

Not difficult is it?
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

100% back this approach - there are enough other places to stand on soap boxes - this is a haven of intelligent information sharing and thank you Joe for making this place available to all of us.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

There’s a time and a place for everything and everyone, this is a place for renewables any relevant environmental factors.

There’s a very reasonable three strike policy and a generous amount of leeway for fringe subjects.

It’s more tolerant than many forums, an example being the other place.

I come here for the camaraderie and the renewables topics.

The team that facilitate this for me and others are to be commended for their efforts and patronage.

Moxi
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Moxi wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:13 am There’s a time and a place for everything and everyone, this is a place for renewables any relevant environmental factors.

There’s a very reasonable three strike policy and a generous amount of leeway for fringe subjects.

It’s more tolerant than many forums, an example being the other place.

I come here for the camaraderie and the renewables topics.

The team that facilitate this for me and others are to be commended for their efforts and patronage.

Moxi
Well said Maxi, I wholeheartedly agree. Thank you Joe and Team for all you do, it is very much appreciated.
AlBargey

Post by AlBargey »

AGT wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:58 am What not comfortable following the rules of the forum, that state keep politics, religion for somewhere else?

Not difficult is it?
Yeah I get it, and try to stay out of those kind of arguments in a place like here, I realise it's not always easy for Joeboy to keep the ship sailing smoothly!

Being pedantic though, everything is politics, very much so such in our polarised left, center, right world. Right now we need as many diverse people as possible to be included, discussing and doing renewable energy things in a positive way, which does often touch on the politics of why, if or how we can do things.

I'm also a co-operator and co-op advisor, so I understand the different dynamic if this forum isn't run by mutual committee, although I wasn't ever really sure who it was until this thread, since the other place imploded.

So I think it's a shame the forum loses two members, which I don't believe were originally intent on being malicious, even if they were briefly disruptive which soured with unhelpful name calling.

So yeah, thanks to Joeboy and whoever else for the hassle I'm sure running a forum is! Lets hope we can all share and cooperate our RE successes and woes respectfully.
38m Barge, Solar (10.6 kWp), 26 kWh of LFP, Victron Quattro 8 kVA, CerboGX, 3,500L STP, 57kVa Perkins
Our live data: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installat ... e/c76c4bf6
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Just popping by to mention that I’m very happy indeed with the way this forum is run. We were rudderless in the mist for a while (after events that cannot be mentioned) and Joe came to our rescue. It is he who decides the rules here and it is for us to follow those rules. Unfortunately there will always be some who are incapable of following rules, and the teeny number who’ve left this forum not of their own volition have all been issued warnings that they’ve failed to heed. Someone needs to decide what is and is-not allowed and apply consequences, I’m glad we have such a person and I’m glad it isn’t me.

I’m an active member of several forums and have been a member of lots of others over the years, I find this place to be friendlier and less confrontational than other forums and I’m keen to keep it that way.

Keep up the good work Joe!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)