Secondhand Taycan EV

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Joeboy

Secondhand Taycan EV

Post by Joeboy »

Ludicrous that the article names a turbo EV, yet its worth a read and an onwards look at Taycan EV prices on Ebay....

It's not wrong. :twisted:

https://qz.com/porsche-tesla-taycan-turbo-ev-1851285396

I don't need this in my life, yet with the face-lift model.on the horizon and potential for another price slide I'll keep an eye on it. An awful lot of tech/car for... OK, admittedly, still an awful lot of money. :D
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Re: Secondhand Taycan EV

Post by Stinsy »

Used Taycans really are great value. And fantastic cars in and of themselves.

I know how you like your 800V BEVs Joe!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
richbee

Post by richbee »

Does the Panamera depreciate any less?
There seems to be a lot of fuss about EVs depreciating at the moment, but I'm not sure if it's just the market in general is getting away from the Covid / chip shortage times back to the times when all mainstream cars dropped 40% in their first year, and were worth 35% of new at 3 years once the fleets had got rid of them, making them ideal 2nd hand purchases?

Have to say, I'd have a Taycan over a Panamera any day
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I don't think I would be able to stomach the insurance bill or the ludicrous service and replacement parts costs no matter how cheap they are second hand. I cannot begin to comprehend how much a replacement "turbo" unit would cost for the BEV, :?: no idea at all :lol:

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:12 am I don't think I would be able to stomach the insurance bill or the ludicrous service and replacement parts costs no matter how cheap they are second hand. I cannot begin to comprehend how much a replacement "turbo" unit would cost for the BEV, :?: no idea at all :lol:

Moxi
Absolutely agree Moxi. I scratched a long term itch and bought an aircooled 3.2 carrera (it didn't have a turbo either) about 16 years back. Kept it for 6 months, had a blast, realised a big service was on the horizon and punted it on to part fund the Turkish home buy. I was relieved to see it go as I didn't fancy a multi K service bill and tbh I couldn't fully swing the property purchase without something being sold.

Nonetheless I do miss it (and this was stupid of me), I said to SWMBO this morning. "what would you prefer love, a Taycan or a Mercedes Benz small RV for Europe". I really am an idiot sometimes... :facepalm: :hysteria:

Her choice (not bought but oh my, she forgets nothing). :whako:

Its green! :on-patrol: :norfolk:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

The whole "second hand EVs lose their value, proves no one wants them" line is ridiculous isn't it.
All cars depreciate eventually - we've just had this situation where for 10 years now, there basically wasn't a 2nd hand market for EVs as the original owners were keeping them from new - so lack of supply vs growing demand meant prices didn't fall.

Now, finally, we have a much increased supply, and people are now moving from their 1st, to their 2nd or 3rd EV and, oh, what do you know, supply is now available.
richbee wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:45 am Does the Panamera depreciate any less?
There seems to be a lot of fuss about EVs depreciating at the moment, but I'm not sure if it's just the market in general is getting away from the Covid / chip shortage times back to the times when all mainstream cars dropped 40% in their first year, and were worth 35% of new at 3 years once the fleets had got rid of them, making them ideal 2nd hand purchases?

Have to say, I'd have a Taycan over a Panamera any day
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:27 am
Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:12 am I don't think I would be able to stomach the insurance bill or the ludicrous service and replacement parts costs no matter how cheap they are second hand. I cannot begin to comprehend how much a replacement "turbo" unit would cost for the BEV, :?: no idea at all :lol:

Moxi
Absolutely agree Moxi. I scratched a long term itch and bought an aircooled 3.2 carrera (it didn't have a turbo either) about 16 years back. Kept it for 6 months, had a blast, realised a big service was on the horizon and punted it on to part fund the Turkish home buy. I was relieved to see it go as I didn't fancy a multi K service bill and tbh I couldn't fully swing the property purchase without something being sold.

Nonetheless I do miss it (and this was stupid of me), I said to SWMBO this morning. "what would you prefer love, a Taycan or a Mercedes Benz small RV for Europe". I really am an idiot sometimes... :facepalm: :hysteria:

Ha ha, similar quandary here but more affordable, the wife saw a second hand Mustang EV locally and likes the metallic red colour and the spec and battery size - as well as the price, so we keep looking and telling ourselves its a bad idea, and then we keep looking.......... :roll: never owned a mustang, makes me come over all moody and bullet at the idea............... :lol:

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:58 am

Moxi

Ha ha, similar quandary here but more affordable, the wife saw a second hand Mustang EV locally and likes the metallic red colour and the spec and battery size - as well as the price, so we keep looking and telling ourselves its a bad idea, and then we keep looking.......... :roll: never owned a mustang, makes me come over all moody and bullet at the idea............... :lol:

Moxi
We pass this way only once.. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
richbee

Post by richbee »

Moxi

Does look amazing in that colour.....
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

The car is actually mirror finished, the green colouration comes from the envious stares of onlookers..............apparently

Moxi