Secondhand Taycan EV

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Stinsy

Re: Secondhand Taycan EV

Post by Stinsy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:39 am The car is actually mirror finished, the green colouration comes from the envious stares of onlookers..............apparently

Moxi
:lol:
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Kommando

Post by Kommando »

I have practised bangernomics for a few decades, you do not buy your car because it has depreciated more than another making it cheap to buy. You buy it based on reliability ratings, running costs and what you plan to use it for. That will mean its usually depreciated by less than most others in its group as the criteria you judge it by are the same as other people using the same bangernomics. Bees to honey.

The time to consider EV's as a bangernomics candidate are when the prices level out and the criteria of reliability and running costs are met. The fly in the ointment will be battery life, so the criteria will need to include easy and cheap replacement of bad cells. The Prius battery has good non Toyota support for when it has issues, the cells are in a row and all identical and easy to change out. Any battery with pouches and shaped cells to fit odd voids will be ones to avoid.
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

Question: What is the typical % depreciation on relatively mass-produced luxury vehicles over 4 or 5 years?

I might suggest 50% may not be far off the mark for most vehicles - EV or ICE?
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oliver90owner wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:19 pm Question: What is the typical % depreciation on relatively mass-produced luxury vehicles over 4 or 5 years?

I might suggest 50% may not be far off the mark for most vehicles - EV or ICE?
Pure guess, 50%? Could be pushing 60% if there's a newer model. 🤔 I've only had one new car and still got it! Used to hear some horror stories offshore though. Knew a guy who did 1/4 million on depreciation via fast cars. Worked that one out in a 9th floor Angolan bar then both pissed ourselves laughing. That was a great night. 👍
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

Here's one data point; I was offered my daughter's 4.5 year old end of lease 38k miles Kona for £15k, not sure what it would have cost new. She will replace it with an MG ev4.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery