Your cradle thru death medical history up for grabs from today!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Your cradle thru death medical history up for grabs from today!

Post by Mr Gus »

Some 6 weeks ago this came to light as posters in more or less closed doctors surgeries,..

Of course it was available info in a few other places but sneaky nastiness atypical on government with an agenda.
A few years ago you might have got a whiff of this & made your medical history private & non shareable (this was stage one).

Today is essentially the big data hand out beginnings "Data Access Request Service" if you have any doubts you need to perform an opt out with you local GP surgery or else you are deemed a willing participant.

It's not like there's ever data leaks & mis-use :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ds-england

& from 2019
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... dvice-deal

Some years ago, I locked mine down, recently, I'm happy to say my Nurse wife & daughter both notified the surgery as to verifying opt out based on what was previously deemed hogwash by government is obviously happening like a rocket launch in set stages

Money as an accelerant?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Your cradle thru death medical history up for grabs from today!

Post by Merlin »

I think the deadline for opting out has been extended to 1st September.

https://www.healthwatchbexley.co.uk/adv ... ember-2021
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

I locked mine down the first time but recently reverted back to making it open again. The reason being that I found that when I was being taken to resus last year the ambulance crew didn't have access to a lot of my medical records. For example they couldn't see any medication that I was on. They said they had this with a few patients and put it down to patients opting out.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

A medical S.O.S. history bracelet / still effective these days?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
marshman

Post by marshman »

Possibly, but it's something else for the busy medics to remember (or forget !) to check for and then make a note of, possibly making transcription errors on the way. To mind it is safer and easier if everybody used the same system right across the country - or world for that matter, plus in an accident - for example I am knocked off my bike, it would be easy for it to become detached or lost in the ensuing mess.

Fortunately we still live in a relatively "free" country where you are able to opt out of things if you want - your choice - I am happy to comply in this case.