Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:49 pm
nowty wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:00 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:44 pm I repeat, 54% sold!! :)
So I make that 1% in 5 days.
Looks like momentum might be building then. ;)
Some four years ago it took me weeks before coming to a decision to invest in solar, so while the ROI's may be more clear cut today I appreciate that it does take some bottle to invest hard earned cash into an otherwise mundane topic like electricity generation. Especially when most people have spent much of their life doing their best to ignore it.
Hopefully most of the 907 +however many WT2 members are spreading the word and it becomes a pyramid. The fact that there is an actual operating unit now will hopefully help people make the mental leap.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:37 am Hopefully most of the 907 +however many WT2 members are spreading the word and it becomes a pyramid. The fact that there is an actual operating unit now will hopefully help people make the mental leap.
I don't know... I have only managed to get 2 family members and 2 friends to join despite telling dozens. I suspect 1 friend might have moved it on amongst his family so that could be another 4, but I am still surprised at relatively radical professionals not taking it up. They can't really claim not to be able to afford it, and even putting a couple of £k in will make a difference to our bills.

For some reason I think there is a deep suspicion of "investment" as opposed to the reassurance people feel about savings accounts - even when it is blindingly obvious that money just evaporates in them - and it will get really serious now that inflation is ramping up too.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:23 am
Joeboy wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:37 am Hopefully most of the 907 +however many WT2 members are spreading the word and it becomes a pyramid. The fact that there is an actual operating unit now will hopefully help people make the mental leap.
I don't know... I have only managed to get 2 family members and 2 friends to join despite telling dozens. I suspect 1 friend might have moved it on amongst his family so that could be another 4, but I am still surprised at relatively radical professionals not taking it up. They can't really claim not to be able to afford it, and even putting a couple of £k in will make a difference to our bills.

For some reason I think there is a deep suspicion of "investment" as opposed to the reassurance people feel about savings accounts - even when it is blindingly obvious that money just evaporates in them - and it will get really serious now that inflation is ramping up too.
A
I agree, I think people find it hard to see beyond today. A 1 to 2 year down the road RE investment, unlikely?

I managed to switch on 4 in total so far that I know of.. Maybe between us we got 10? That would be ok!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Great to read, sounds a lot like our journey too. :)
So it would seem Joe! Vouchers for Ripples offer sent to son, two daughters, brother, two sisters and one as a return favour to a mate. Five out of seven taken up, just got to work a bit harder with the others to get a full house. But, as my ol' dad used to say "You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink", donkeys are even worse! :lol:
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Oh dear! It seems we are all deluding ourselves:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nergy-plan has
Cabinet undecided over onshore wind ahead of UK energy plan...
However, one cabinet minister said that there shouldn’t be a rush towards onshore wind because it’s “not cost-effective” and is “extremely expensive”.
Interesting that the minister won't be named!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:53 pm Oh dear! It seems we are all deluding ourselves:
However, one cabinet minister said that there shouldn’t be a rush towards onshore wind because it’s “not cost-effective” and is “extremely expensive”.
A
Its great to be able to take action rather than wait for Nimrods who are swayed by money, influence and power and not what's best for the islands.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:53 pm Oh dear! It seems we are all deluding ourselves:
A
Take your pick from the assembled buffoons, could be any one of them. :roll:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Fintray wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:15 pm
A
“not cost-effective” and is “extremely expensive” :lol:

So obviously I won't be able to set my direct debit to zero for all my gas, electric and EV travel needs for the next 2 or 3 decades then. ;)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

nowty wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:01 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:15 pm

A
“not cost-effective” and is “extremely expensive” :lol:

So obviously I won't be able to set my direct debit to zero for all my gas, electric and EV travel needs for the next 2 or 3 decades then. ;)
We fools, we've been taken for a ride by Ripple then... FFS who votes for these halfwits?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf