Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Given that it's a Tory Cabinet Minister, I wondered whether (s?)he thinks that the boards of all the companies who have piled into the the completed and working windfarms we can see around us are either
a) packed with Idiots, or are
b) corruptly and brazenly selling their shareholders down the river, or
c) living in a parallel world where different financial rules apply?

It's enough to make you wonder whether the politician is being paid off by a company with a vested interest in selling fossil fuels... but wouldn't that be corrupt?

How do these people get elected, let alone into the cabinet?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
John_S

Post by John_S »

I have just been chatting to Ripple on the webchat to confirm the last day I could buy some extra watts.

I was advised that the offer is no longer closing on 28 March but will be extended a week or two.

There will be an announcement shortly to advise of a new supplier partner and thus to give their customers a chance to purchase watts.
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:58 pm I have just been chatting to Ripple on the webchat to confirm the last day I could buy some extra watts.

I was advised that the offer is no longer closing on 28 March but will be extended a week or two.

There will be an announcement shortly to advise of a new supplier partner and thus to give their customers a chance to purchase watts.
I wonder if the new suppliers will push it to their customers or not. I don't recall Octopus mentioning it anywhere, ever. I wonder if they are not allowed to as a conflict of interest or fear of miss selling, etc.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

On a separate note, I have emailed moneybox@bbc.co.uk asking them what they think of investing in Ripple's wind farm and if investing in a cooperative is safe.

Perhaps if a few more ask about it, they might air it on one of their programmes.
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

John_S wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:58 pm There will be an announcement shortly to advise of a new supplier partner and thus to give their customers a chance to purchase watts.
So Energy - just announced
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:09 pm
John_S wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:58 pm I have just been chatting to Ripple on the webchat to confirm the last day I could buy some extra watts.

I wonder if the new suppliers will push it to their customers or not. I don't recall Octopus mentioning it anywhere, ever. I wonder if they are not allowed to as a conflict of interest or fear of miss selling, etc.
I think that it is pretty much 'niche'. Ok not here, we're all over it but to the general public? From that pov its great that they have another partner who may send a newsletter to their customers. That drivel the other day from the MP makes my blood boil, more garbage chat dumping on a excellent clean power source & yes he'll be paid if even at its most basic as an after dinner speaker. I'm away back over to Germany in June for a bit of beer and goldpanning. Its been 3 years I think since last there, really looking forward to it as its RE heaven (apart from the Lignite) and No1 son who is in Ripple WT2 is coming too!
Sorry, went a little lateral there, guess my point is, the MP speaks pish yet has the opportunity to colour peoples thoughts, great what John S has done contacting BBC. I'll just do 1 to 1 in the Bavarian solar fields my ma boy. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy
I see you show a Ripple "total generated" on your signature... How do you get that?
I can only see today's output (relative to my share) and the predicted out-turn for the next 4 days.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm Joeboy
I see you show a Ripple "total generated" on your signature... How do you get that?
I can only see today's output (relative to my share) and the predicted out-turn for the next 4 days.
A
None too tech, I do a daily count and keep an excel sheet. Quite surprising the daily fluctuations in the 4 days of forecast. I update the 4 days each morning so catch close to real? I'll update the sig every few weeks or so. :roll:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I'm only going to update mine based on actual rebates. :ugeek:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3