PV and Battery storage - Ecoflow

Mart

PV and Battery storage - Ecoflow

Post by Mart »

Hi all, I saw this product whilst watching random youtube vids on batts 'and stuff', and thought it might be worth mentioning the product. Hope it's OK to name a product, but without it in the thread title, it was just too generic a thread. [Edit - Just realised how carried away I got with the word 'product'. M]

They seem to have a number of portable storage variations of their product, but I thought this one was the most 'serious', possibly for off-grid, as it will connect up to PV, and multiple additional storage units, up to 25kWh, has an array of sockets to plug in devices, and can even be charged at an EV charger.

https://ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow-de ... er-station

It's US, and whilst having a price and being for sale, I believe, the site does still have kickstarter links.

Just thought it seemed like a decent plug n play offering, be it for a shed, camping, or full scale off-grid. They are LFP batts with 6,500 cycle life. But I don't pretend to know if it's truly viable, nor economic.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Stinsy

Re: PV and Battery storage - Ecoflow

Post by Stinsy »

I've seen that "product" before. Basically it is a very large power pack similar to a USB battery pack, but designed to replace a petrol generator. Seems more aimed at the US market where people are more likely to have a generator to use in a power outage or when camping, etc.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Re: PV and Battery storage - Ecoflow

Post by nowty »

An LFP battery is a LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate battery or very similar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_i ... te_battery

It does seem quite a versatile unit at a reasonable price. But does not sound like a grid tie, but a separate off grid inverter for either power backup or camping.

I can see it as an easy all in one solar shed or garage setup.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3