Corner turned

Moxi

Re: Corner turned

Post by Moxi »

Ha ha I love your posts for modifying my expectations I got 18kWh yesterday and was well happy 😊 but a way off the power stations to the north and south of me lol. I expect Tinbum has similar or even better return off his system.

Has anyone ever worked out what we all produce on a good day ? It’s got to be a fair bit

Was doing well again today before the overcast skies descended and effectively capped us at 9kWh But still good enough 😊

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Each to their own, Nowty has it too easy (no jealousy) :oops:

Had an inadvertent test today. The EV was charging all thru last night at 2.4kWh, end result being that we started the day with a SOC on home stack of 11%!! Eeek

Day has been largely overcast yet we managed to come back from this to a single wash cycle, 1.5hr into HWT, a LOAD of logs split with the electric splitter, deck jetwashed for deck oil tomorrow and stack SOC of 70% this evening and 1/2 a kW still incoming.

Back in the day on the single system and smaller stack I would have been mildly freaking out especially for the financial hit outside of the Go Faster window. My point being that you can't beat PV horsepower (volume) and storage capacity. It really is epic, especially for getting out of a self inflicted conundrum. :) :twisted: 21kWh day today. Cheers Nowty!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

There was a fair amount of high cloud around today but still ended up at almost 57 kWh.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:56 pm There was a fair amount of high cloud around today but still ended up at almost 57 kWh.
Nightmare, Happy Easter Pal! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:48 pm Ha ha I love your posts for modifying my expectations I got 18kWh yesterday and was well happy 😊 but a way off the power stations to the north and south of me lol. I expect Tinbum has similar or even better return off his system.

Has anyone ever worked out what we all produce on a good day ? It’s got to be a fair bit

Was doing well again today before the overcast skies descended and effectively capped us at 9kWh But still good enough 😊

Moxi
I would expect Tinbum has a great output with 28kWp :o
I'm expecting on a good day our combined output would be pretty impressive, just need a good day all over the UK.
Last edited by Fintray on Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

agile plunged to zero this afternoon. Not that anyone is still on Agile nor would they have been able to use the electric if they were!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Moxi
This one I have also thought about. Being a non scientific type I'd call the average of May & June 22/61days of all 161 members as being 'our' best average productivity.

The sad thing being we are unlikely to have the full compliment active or contributing and a lot of the guests can't be arsed taking a moment to join.

Yeah you pal, I am talking to you! :D
Hope of course springs eternal.

Nonetheless, it has to be a fair skite of power. Logic dictates at a minimum, 2MWh+ PV per day average between us? That's not to be sniffed at. In particular with the background horror show in Ukraine...
I am fortunate in that beyond the PV I also have the activity from Graig Fatha WT and my investment in Kinlochbervie HT (hydroturbine) is online on 21st April (hopefully).

Adding to that is the upcoming Kirkhill WT's. Outwith all that is screeds of PV & WT FTSE investment but I don't voluntarily count those, should I?

I find this stuff fascinating, by this I mean the ability to make a decision and invest in single point clean energy projects with no govt backing or allowance. Literally changing the world in your own way and your personal wherewithal. I hope to hear back from you guys and we can hopefully come up with a cumulative figure for the team. :idea:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Not sure i'll hear back but have contacted three of solar funds I am in to see if they can supply me with a kWh PA figure per £10k of investment.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:13 am Not sure i'll hear back but have contacted three of solar funds I am in to see if they can supply me with a kWh PA figure per £10k of investment.
My back of fagpacket calculations for my top three renewable wind / solar funds, based on total annual generation divided by £10k of Net Asset Value comes out at an average of around 10 MWh per £10k invested.

UK Greencoat Wind - 13 MWh
Bluefield Solar Fund - 9 MWh
Renewables Infrastructure - 8 MWh
Next Energy Solar Fund - 12 MWh

In comparison ripple WT1 and WT2 where I have almost a £10k investment is forecast to generate 16 MWh
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3