DNO - register for SoFar ME3000 charge controller and Pylontech Batteries

Ken

Re: DNO - register for SoFar ME3000 charge controller and Pylontech Batteries

Post by Ken »

If an inverter shuts down when the grid does how on earth can batts export ? Why would batts export to the grid there would be no point in fitting them so what is wrong with setting zero export The DNOs need to catch up this is sledgehammer to crack a nut that does not even exist. Drives me mad.

People could be spending a lot of money to jump through these hoops just in case pigs might fly. Long live DIY.
Mrohare

Post by Mrohare »

JC_UK wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:59 am Hi again,

No received confirmation from the DNO that the application has been approved.

Thanks for the help and advice.......

Now thinking of adding another solar array probably an additional 3 or 4kw inverter.
Hopefully this will also be able to be approved by the DNO.

ATB
JC
Hi @JC_UK, I am looking to do pretty much the exact same thing as you, so your advice would be greatly appreciated. My electrician is unsure about the G100 part. Am I right in thinking that the ME3000SP itself is the "EREC G100 compliant export limitation scheme". Its export CT clamp allowing it to do this. Or, do I need additional hardware to perform this function? Thanks.
nowty

Post by nowty »

The AC coupled battery inverter ME3000SP is inherently a zero export G100 device as long as its installed and correctly set up. It even does a self calibration each time it goes out of standby into charge or discharge mode to self check that the CT clamp at the grid point is correct. In fact you cannot get the CT clamp the wrong way around because of this. You don't even need to use the second PV generation CT clamp but the display and stats will show wrong if you don't use it.

https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/pdfs/s ... ration.pdf

You can however set it up in test mode and force discharge to the grid with it and I use one without the clamps as a supplementary battery charger for than little bit extra in the cheap rate slot in winter.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3