Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Anyone else seen (and done) the Ripple community survey?

I wonder whether they will give feedback about what they find? Maybe not, as I am conscious that although we are all benevolently motivated there will be competitors out there who would be only too happy to undermine the coop and snaffle the assets in a fire-sale. (The shafting of the Coop Bank comes to mind.)
A
p.s. and I bet there are some baddies on the inside to to get whatever info is shared "internally." Remember, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Just done the survey about 10mins ago.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I like that they took the time to post about maintenance onsite today. I think they are starting to hit their stride.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

And an update video from Kirk Hill.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

WT1 is currently down today,

Graig Fatha turbine is off due to a hydraulic oil level issue. Technicians have been informed and are scheduling a visit to fix it. Wind speeds are forecast to be low, so lost generation should be minimal.

EDIT - On the upside I clocked up 2MWh about 5 days back. 8-)
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:19 pm Anyone else seen (and done) the Ripple community survey?
I wonder whether they will give feedback about what they find? Maybe not, as I am conscious that although we are all benevolently motivated there will be competitors out there who would be only too happy to undermine the coop and snaffle the assets in a fire-sale. (The shafting of the Coop Bank comes to mind.)
A
p.s. and I bet there are some baddies on the inside to to get whatever info is shared "internally." Remember, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
Update:
Member survey - 1900 responses so far!
08/07/2022
We've launched a member survey to find out a bit more about the Ripple community.
For every 1000 responses we will donate £500 to the Graig Fatha community benefit fund. Already more than 1900 members have responded, so we're well on the way to donating £1000 to help fuel poverty in south Wales. A huge thank you to everyone who's responded so far.
We will close the survey on Monday evening. If you've not already responded, please do so by Monday evening. Rest assured your answers are completely anonymous, we don't even ask for your name or email.
To complete the survey copy the link below and paste it into your browser (easier clicking is on its way soon!)
https://forms.gle/wsevWKbw1pn6D4fNA
A
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Another zero day yesterday. However it's only the second in about a hundred days of generation - and better than the first one: I got -0.02 kWhr as opposed to -0.03 the first time!
A
nowty

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:39 am Another zero day yesterday. However it's only the second in about a hundred days of generation - and better than the first one: I got -0.02 kWhr as opposed to -0.03 the first time!
A
Its currently down due to low hydraulic oil warning.
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 037#p14016

The negative generation doesn't affect your rebates as it is paid for within the 2p / kWh operating cost.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:33 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:39 am Another zero day yesterday. However it's only the second in about a hundred days of generation - and better than the first one: I got -0.02 kWhr as opposed to -0.03 the first time!
A
Its currently down due to low hydraulic oil warning.
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 037#p14016

The negative generation doesn't affect your rebates as it is paid for within the 2p / kWh operating cost.
There's someone on site and they are getting back online the noo. An update to follow tomorrow. I wonder if they created the leak while servicing a few days ago, could be just a coincidence? ;)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Official update.
I really like that they are making the time to communicate clearly with the Turbine owners. Pretty damn outstanding IMHO.
11/07/2022
'Technicians have been on site today to review the hydraulic oil level issue. We expect this to be resolved today. For further context, wind turbine maintenance of this kind is very much anticipatory. Graig Fatha’s sensors are continually running checks to ensure any issues can be addressed before they cause a problem. Oil levels tend to drop when it is not very windy (as it has been recently). This is normal. We don’t want to run the turbine when the oil levels are too low as this could cause damage. By doing this work now it keeps the turbine running optimally. But it does mean that the turbine has needed to be switched off. Very low wind speeds were already anticipated this month and were factored into members’ assumed generation/savings at this time of year. So this recent switch off has meant minimal disruption for members.'
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs