More Renewable Shenanigans at Nowty Towers

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
spread-tee

Re: More Renewable Shenanigans at Nowty Towers

Post by spread-tee »

I think that the warm air from downstairs flows up the top of the stairwell to the bedroom with the cool air flowing underneath it, a bit like a thermosyphon. The effectiveness of this is such that I've not yet seen the need to fit another unit in our living room, although I am still thinking about it.
That's an interesting idea, 2 units one at the top of the house for cooling, one at the bottom for heating,...........hmmm

Desp
Blah blah blah
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just returned to find my second air to air ASHP was being delivered from same supplier but different delivery company, last time I had an email and delivery slot, this time, nothing, they just turned up and dropped it on my driveway.

Where is the second box I ask the delivery driver, that's all there is, I'm just delivering what's on the pallet, it might be coming as another delivery, and he drove off.

Marvellous, the delivery note suggests its two boxes and why would you put a 10kg indoor unit onto a pallet. I called the supplier and they will get in touch with the delivery company and call me back.

I presume the delivery driver took a photo of it on my driveway so it can be clearly seen as a single box, the delivery weight says 32kg, I presume that includes the pallet. Either way both boxes alone should add up to 44.5kg.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Had a similar delivery malfunction. Ordered turkey tail and lions mane shroom powder in capsules form a couple of days ago. Only the TT showed up. Got on to the company, 3 different mistakes so far in the process Long story short, 20% discount voucher on my next order.

Actually, come to think of it. Solarsparky are due me a delivery today and nothing so far... :(
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Had an interesting one with a Juliette Balcony. Knew the frame and glass were coming separately - frame arrived quickly, glass a week later.

Stated kerbside delivery - really was. Driver matey pulled up to the kerbside, moved the 60kg piece of glass to the edge of the curtain sided truck - there you go.

Ah well, all fitted now :roll:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Heard nothing back from the supplier about the missing outdoor unit, so I emailed them yesterday with photos and technical info about the pallet weight discrepancy. :evil:

Still no reply, was thinking the worst, as you do, then I get woken up at 7:45am on a Saturday with another delivery. :mrgreen:

Harmony has been restored. 8-)
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:49 am Heard nothing back from the supplier about the missing outdoor unit, so I emailed them yesterday with photos and technical info about the pallet weight discrepancy. :evil:

Still no reply, was thinking the worst, as you do, then I get woken up at 7:45am on a Saturday with another delivery. :mrgreen:

Had the supplier forgotten to send the other half or had the courier split the delivery?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:10 am
nowty wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:49 am Heard nothing back from the supplier about the missing outdoor unit, so I emailed them yesterday with photos and technical info about the pallet weight discrepancy. :evil:

Had the supplier forgotten to send the other half or had the courier split the delivery?
Almost certainly the picker only put one of the boxes on the pallet because the delivery note said two boxes. And why would you send only a 12kg well packed box strapped to a 20kg pallet ?, and the indoor box does not need to be kept upright, unlike the outdoor unit.

My first unit last month, both boxes were sent via a parcel carrier, just manhandled boxes.

This time it was sent by pallet, but only the lighter indoor unit was strapped to it. The larger 35kg outdoor unit arrived this morning by parcel carrier manhandled.

Although I am still miffed at the lack of communication, I cannot fault the resolution, even if it did get me out of bed. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ironically, I've not got around to start the second aircon install yet because its so hot. :lol:

Last few days, downstairs (with aircon) is absolutely lovely at 24 degrees, with upstairs at an oppressive 30 degrees.

Yesterday I improvised an interim way of shaving a few degrees off the heat upstairs by forcing the cooler air upstairs with a fan. :D
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

We only have aircon in our bedroom, a DIY split system I installed a couple of years ago. As mentioned earlier, if we leave the bedroom door wide open this does tend to set up a sort of thermosyphon, where warmer air from the hall flows up to the bedroom, with cool air flowing back down the stairs. The air flow is surprisingly high, holding a hand out near floor level on the stairs I can feel the cooler air flowing downwards. Not sure how much it's contributing to the lower temperatures we've had indoors over the past couple of days, as I changed too many things at the same time, but I think it would be fairly effective on its own.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter