Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

email in this morning:
Great news for you and your fellow 6,000 Kirk Hill members. Enercon, your turbine manufacturer, have confirmed that four out of the eight towers have now been manufactured and moved into storage. Once shipped across and constructed on site at Kirk Hill your towers will stand at 69m tall - that's roughly three and half times the height of The Angel of the North, or about half the height of the London Eye! We'll share some photos as soon as we have them.
and quite a lot more info after that
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 am email in this morning:
Great news for you and your fellow 6,000 Kirk Hill members. Enercon, your turbine manufacturer, have confirmed that four out of the eight towers have now been manufactured and moved into storage. Once shipped across and constructed on site at Kirk Hill your towers will stand at 69m tall - that's roughly three and half times the height of The Angel of the North, or about half the height of the London Eye! We'll share some photos as soon as we have them.
and quite a lot more info after that
A
Great to read up on the progress. I've mostly stopped watching the windspeeds at Kirkhill. Just torturing myself! :lol: (11.2 v's 17.4 right now).
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Looks like a decent weekend generation coming up. 👌
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:13 pm Looks like a decent weekend generation coming up. 👌
WT1 currently at 80% of max output. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:30 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:13 pm Looks like a decent weekend generation coming up. 👌
WT1 currently at 80% of max output. :twisted:
The good thing is that one of these weeks the uptick in production won't fall away again. An inversion of those Summer halcyon days for PV via wind. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Updated my Excel sheet for the time away and generation has just went 1kWh past the total for July with 11 days left to run in August, that's a good sign. :twisted:

Also nice to see the 1 week rising trend that we are currently in, enjoy it while its there!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just found this from Ripple on a facebook group, which just confirms what we have already discussed and debated in the past,

From Linda - Marketing lead at Ripple Energy,

Hi everyone - this is a bit long, and some of it may be knowledge members already know but thought it was worth going through the explanation logically. Your bill savings are split into 2 things: the repayment of share capital and “trading benefit”. The co-op aims to repay 5% of the initial share capital each year. Savings above that level are treated as the trading benefit of being a co-op member.

Our accountants have advised us that trading benefit savings are deemed share interest. Unless we hear otherwise from HMRC it should therefore be treated as interest income.

What does this mean for you? If your trading benefit savings (along with all other forms of interest income) do not exceed your personal savings allowance they would not be taxable.

If you have already reached your annual personal savings allowance through other sources, your wind farm savings would be taxable at your marginal rate. I will post an example below.

Seeking exemptions from Government: We are in active discussion with HMRC and HMT. We have asked for the tax treatment of Ripple savings to be brought in line with that of home solar. For home solar, provided generation is not more than 120% of your annual household consumption, all savings and FIT payments are disregarded for tax purposes. We want all Ripple savings to be disregarded for tax purposes too, provided generation is not more than 120% of a household’s consumption. This is part of the reason why we set the maximum ownership cap at 120% of your annual consumption, to make the change as easy as possible.

We do not know if this will be successful. You should, therefore, anticipate that your trading benefit will be treated as interest income unless you hear otherwise. We will let you know if there is any change to the treatment. I am about to post an illustrated example in my next comment to help explain further......
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Just think, if our money hungry, energy panicked, big company beholden govt didn't act to renewables at glacial (creation speeds, not melt) regarding bolstering energy ownership & creation there would likely be a great national scheme running for folks to buy watts & offset ala ripple & community energy would be happening, kWh's & watts donated as another form of charity

Massive, small scale "pulling together" as spluttering Boris would say via his speechwriters communicating earpiece
Less borrowing, more national pride & care potentially....

Like I say, get the national lottery involved! (The one we have flogged the operating rights to a czech!? ...lottery billionaire businessman.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Another snippet of info which I found reassuring after one in the USA was destroyed by lightning about a month ago.

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I think Octopus currently pay us (via Ripple) 9.63 p / kWhr under the contract set for a year, presumably from the start of generation...
I wonder what the next price will be? They have done pretty well out of it if they are selling it on for 22p.

My 12-month contract ends in October and I am expecting to pay a lot more than that for the next year - if a 1-year fix is still available. I guess they will put it up to at least the capped price, maybe even higher to allow for 3-monthly rises into the future (unless they hedge it for a year, but I would assume that they still have to pay over the odds to allow for further wholesale rises.)

Given that they only supply green electrons it is wrong that they are affected by the gas price.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!