Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

For a laugh this is today's (Wed 5th Oct) prediction for WT1, I'll publish the actual near midnight tomorrow.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:11 am For a laugh this is today's (Wed 5th Oct) prediction for WT1, I'll publish the actual near midnight tomorrow.
It will be interesting to see if they get 75%+ close? Looks like there will be strong winds through to late on Friday night, I am keen to see the turbine run flat out until then with no failure or curtailment.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:52 am
nowty wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:11 am For a laugh this is today's (Wed 5th Oct) prediction for WT1, I'll publish the actual near midnight tomorrow.
It will be interesting to see if they get 75%+ close? Looks like there will be strong winds through to late on Friday night, I am keen to see the turbine run flat out until then with no failure or curtailment.
Sorry guys, I forgot to screenshot the actual profile near last midnight. :oops:

But the average was 76.2% so at least it should give Joeboy some satisfaction. ;)

Interestingly, again it flatlined for several hours at around 94% of max output which adds weight to my theory its being capped slightly at the top end. I am wondering if they have just altered the power factor slightly which may mean it can no longer reach 100% of real power. Ripple did mention something to do with power factor in the early days of operation when it kept shutting down at high output.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:03 am
Joeboy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:52 am
Sorry guys, I forgot to screenshot the actual profile near last midnight. :oops:

But the average was 76.2% so at least it should give Joeboy some satisfaction. ;)

Interestingly, again it flatlined for several hours at around 94% of max output which adds weight to my theory its being capped slightly at the top end. I am wondering if they have just altered the power factor slightly which may mean it can no longer reach 100% of real power. Ripple did mention something to do with power factor in the early days of operation when it kept shutting down at high output.
I downloaded colournote app as my E yellow sticky notes. I am enjoying doing a morning update of the notes with the daily take. Over 80kWh's to the VB across the last two days. That's where I wanted to be! :twisted:
I'll happily accept 95% of something rather than 100% of'oh the turbine tripped out at 17.30hrs on a Friday, ah well, cya Monday!'. :D
Homestack is sitting at 88% soc with over 2kW incoming PV. Just brought on the HWT for 2 hours to use some of the anticipated excess, all WT today going to VB. :lol: 8-)
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

yes, that was my way of thinking & doubtless ripples too.

Dont want to do a "smithers release the hounds" (via facebook assault)😆
comparing potential operations from grag to kirk as following a similar pattern.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Great to see some meaningful generation this month. :mrgreen:
Following our exchanges in early Sept about how returns didn't seem to match projections I started recording Ripples own day ahead figures. For the remaining 18 days of the month returns amounted to 51.5% of these, with only one day exceeding expectations!
The first five days of October have faired better reaching a mighty 71.8%. So, is the weather behaving itself better than in September(stronger winds for sure) of have projections been adjusted?
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:15 pm Great to see some meaningful generation this month. :mrgreen:
Following our exchanges in early Sept about how returns didn't seem to match projections I started recording Ripples own day ahead figures. For the remaining 18 days of the month returns amounted to 51.5% of these, with only one day exceeding expectations!
The first five days of October have faired better reaching a mighty 71.8%. So, is the weather behaving itself better than in September(stronger winds for sure) of have projections been adjusted?
Intermittent is a horrible state of affairs. I do wonder if the blade pitch sensor problem was this. Also what happens to the other two blades, which sensor is master of the three. Or is there just one, chucking out imprecise commands to all three blades? We may never know...
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:15 pm Great to see some meaningful generation this month. :mrgreen:
The weathers better (or should I say worse). ;)
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:30 pm
Never before in my life have I prayed for wind! ;)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:48 pm
nowty wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:30 pm
Never before in my life have I prayed for wind! ;)
All of Europe's praying for it this winter. :?
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3