Idiot's guide to a self build battery

nowty

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Post by nowty »

Lincs Robert wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:09 pm This is a very interesting thread.

If I currently have two stacks of five Pylons (dual ACS3600 config for 7kW of throughput), I’m guessing I’d need 2 x 15 of these? I have 24kWh of capacity at the moment, how much could I end up with?

Will there be an overall “guide” or some documentation available at the end? Please?

Keep up the good work 👍

Rob
If you bought the same as Joeboy x 2 added to your 24kWh of Pylontech's I make it a total of 50.9kWh, lets call it 50kWh to be conservative. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

nowty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:23 pm

If I currently have two stacks of five Pylons (dual ACS3600 config for 7kW of throughput), I’m guessing I’d need 2 x 15 of these? I have 24kWh of capacity at the moment, how much could I end up with?

Will there be an overall “guide” or some documentation available at the end? Please?

Keep up the good work 👍

Rob
If you bought the same as Joeboy x 2 added to your 24kWh of Pylontech's I make it a total of 50.9kWh, lets call it 50kWh to be conservative. :mrgreen:
Thanks
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Lincs Robert wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:09 pm If I currently have two stacks of five Pylons (dual ACS3600 config for 7kW of throughput), I’m guessing I’d need 2 x 15 of these? I have 24kWh of capacity at the moment, how much could I end up with?
Would you *need* two DIY stacks? I'd say no. But if you added one stack to a single inverter it would mean your inverters would be imbalanced and one would simply run out of charge before the other, I'd expect. At this point your throughput would drop to 3.6kW and one inverter would be idle.
Agreed there's a lot of info scattered throughout this thread. I may have a go at condensing down what I did; I have another stack turning up in about a month so I'll try and take notes this time from start to finish :)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Keep up the good work 👍

Rob
God no and with good reason. By reading and understanding the whole thread you get from point A to B with knowledge increased. By condensing and giving a boring guide the same effect is lost along with the chance of inspiration from the self from the whole read. Not into spoon feeding but will help with questions. :twisted:
Last edited by Joeboy on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:28 pm

Keep up the good work 👍

Rob
God no and with good reason. By reading and understanding the whole thread you get from point A to B with knowledge increased. By condensing and giving a boring guide the same effect is lost along with the chance of inspiration from the self from the whole read. Not into spoon feeding. :twisted:
Fair point. TBH - I probably didn’t explain myself that well. I was thinking more along the lines of a schematic of the final system - and use the lengthy thread as you suggest as “stepping stones”? Hopefully I’ve redeemed myself a bit ……
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:35 pm

Keep up the good work 👍

Rob
God no and with good reason. By reading and understanding the whole thread you get from point A to B with knowledge increased. By condensing and giving a boring guide the same effect is lost along with the chance of inspiration from the self from the whole read. Not into spoon feeding. :twisted:
Fair point. TBH - I probably didn’t explain myself that well. I was thinking more along the lines of a schematic of the final system - and use the lengthy thread as you suggest as “stepping stones”? Hopefully I’ve redeemed myself a bit ……
That's funny! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 pm

It's all there and for posterity I'll post a finished photo showing the runs. I truly believe in encouraging thought not FB. :D Glad you're here.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:38 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 pm

It's all there and for posterity I'll post a finished photo showing the runs. I truly believe in encouraging thought not FB. :D Glad you're here.
Cheers. I assume that by FB you are referring to a certain social media site? I’m not a subscriber to that service - I’m not into pouting and taking endless selfies 🤪. I will admit to having been on LinkedIn for a while, well 20 years, but took myself off when I retired as it was becoming too much like a combination of FB and recruiting ground ……..
nowty

Post by nowty »

I could be wrong, but I think Joeboys "FB" is a bit stronger than Facebook. :lol:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:12 pm I could be wrong, but I think Joeboys "FB" is a bit stronger than Facebook. :lol:
No really, it was Facebook. My thoughts on FB are quite strong though if not my language. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs