Go VS Agile

Lincs Robert

Re: Go VS Agile

Post by Lincs Robert »

nowty wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:46 am If I wanted to join Go without an EV I would simply look for an EV in my local area so the reg and make matches in case they ask. Anyone can check the model vs the reg number without any cost, but try and find the registered keeper, that's more difficult so they won't do it.

You can even join Go with an EV on order so you don't even know the reg !, and it won't be registered to you.
Or a used one for sale somewhere. Autotrader?
dlw

Post by dlw »

I signed up for Go and I don't have a car and they didn't ask if was going to get one, went through the web bit and then spoke to them and it was done and I guess I was lucky to get a 12 month fixed at 7.5p at night with 39p day, with my batteries it looks like I will only ever use the 4hrs or the sun (in summer) wish they would now send me the email to take my peak usage to night and then let them pay me £4 per kwh for the 6 or 7kwh my house would have used during this time
16 250w Trina panels
Voltronic Axpert Max 8Kw hybrid inverter
3 x Chinese 125Ah (19Kwh total) batteries
To be done, more panels and a wind turbine
Off Grid 20 out of 24hrs
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Ah your lucky. I think they only recently changed the plan early October.

When I signed up for octopus in August that was the plan to sign up for the 7.5p overnight tariff, but my battery took forever to arrive. So I’m now missing out. Battery now scheduled to arrive 1st nov.
dlw

Post by dlw »

Kenny000666 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:08 pm Ah your lucky. I think they only recently changed the plan early October.

When I signed up for octopus in August that was the plan to sign up for the 7.5p overnight tariff, but my battery took forever to arrive. So I’m now missing out. Battery now scheduled to arrive 1st nov.
I just signed up anyway knowing my batteries were going to take a while even though they turned up 3 weeks early.

I received the email from Octapus saying I can join the 'get paid for not using at peak' so hopefully now my monthly bill will be paid paid to me :) as I calculated that if I fully charged my batteries and they last between charging it would be £45 a month
16 250w Trina panels
Voltronic Axpert Max 8Kw hybrid inverter
3 x Chinese 125Ah (19Kwh total) batteries
To be done, more panels and a wind turbine
Off Grid 20 out of 24hrs
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Finally got through to talk to someone at octopus.

They won’t let me sign up to Go without a EV.

The only tariffs available at the moment is Flexible and Eco7.

Looks like won’t be doing much for the time being
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Kenny000666 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:41 pm Finally got through to talk to someone at octopus.

They won’t let me sign up to Go without a EV.

The only tariffs available at the moment is Flexible and Eco7.

Looks like won’t be doing much for the time being
The only way they'd know you don't have an EV is if you told them...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Stinsy wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:09 pm The only way they'd know you don't have an EV is if you told them...
Is it morally acceptable to lie and deceive in order to fraudulently enter into a contract?

More to the point, is it acceptable to encourage people to commit fraud like this on this forum?

If Octopus found out that someone has lied to them then I doubt they would do anything more then just cancelling the contract, but I think that they would have the option of suing for lost income if someone tries to defraud them like this. It's probably not a criminal offence, AFAIK, but I suspect that fraud like this would be grounds for civil action if there was a loss of revenue for the company involved.

There's also the risk of being blacklisted. I know that, years ago, anyone caught stealing electricity (and this is really much the same thing - trying to get electricity for a lower price by defrauding the company) would get blacklisted and often this limited their options. One case I know of resulted in the person that had done this being forced to have a prepayment meter, as no supplier would risk allowing them to have a normal credit meter.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:21 pm
Stinsy wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:09 pm The only way they'd know you don't have an EV is if you told them...
Is it morally acceptable to lie and deceive in order to fraudulently enter into a contract?

More to the point, is it acceptable to encourage people to commit fraud like this on this forum?

If Octopus found out that someone has lied to them then I doubt they would do anything more then just cancelling the contract, but I think that they would have the option of suing for lost income if someone tries to defraud them like this. It's probably not a criminal offence, AFAIK, but I suspect that fraud like this would be grounds for civil action if there was a loss of revenue for the company involved.

There's also the risk of being blacklisted. I know that, years ago, anyone caught stealing electricity (and this is really much the same thing - trying to get electricity for a lower price by defrauding the company) would get blacklisted and often this limited their options. One case I know of resulted in the person that had done this being forced to have a prepayment meter, as no supplier would risk allowing them to have a normal credit meter.
I think you’re getting a bit carried away.

No one from Octopus has ever asked me if I have an EV.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Stinsy wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:03 pm
Oldgreybeard wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:21 pm

I think you’re getting a bit carried away.

No one from Octopus has ever asked me if I have an EV.

Why is pointing out incitement to commit fraud "getting carried away"?

Is it morally OK to lie to a supplier (even by omission) in order to fiddle a lower cost tariff?

My view is that it most definitely is not. It's no different to lying about anything else in order to receive a benefit. There has been plenty of criticism in recent months about politicians lying, and this is no different.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Being a pragmatist I would buy a 2nd hand electric scooter, 'sure I've got an EV'. Moral conundrum avoided.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees