Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:36 am If your CF is correct that means I missed 800 kWh by less than 1.2 kWh. :twisted:
Allow for some vagaries if I missed a recal by Ripple but it will be damn close. TBH, its not going to stand long as a record! I am interested in seeing the 107.7% hourly performance figure fall. :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:55 am Note-Ripples monthly count banner for Oct is off by miles at the moment. It has me down for 499.5kWh! :lol:
Mine is down by about 30% too, a far bigger shortage than last month. I wonder whether the software is using a mid-month figure originally put in for demo / testing purposes but which hasn't been corrected to the final date? It seems a bit unnecessary to have to report the month's final figure in real time...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

It usually fixes itself by midday.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Got woken around 2.30 this morning by a mixture of gale force winds and the need to visit the loo. Thought then, I hope it's blowing this hard on the other side of the country and delighted to find this morning it was. Best month to date by far as yet.
Have confess to being a little confused by apparent mismatch on our page between anticipated hourly average return as shown early on the graph, at 0.69 kW's for us, so when comparing Octobers return it amounts to just 81.1% of projected monthly average!
Checking on "My Wind Farm Summary" anticipated annual GF return is stated at 4167 kWh's, or 0.476 kW's. So ave for October 353.9 kWh's when our share returned 415.97 kWh's so or 117.5%.
Hadn't previously spotted the anomaly but does make me wonder if the earlier projected forecasting which appeared hopelessly optimisitc was based on this higher 0.69 figure and subsequently been corrected to reflect the lower and correct 0.476 kW's!

Any thoughts anyone?
nowty

Post by nowty »

When we get the real numbers for Oct, I'll publish my capacity factor graph and you will see how close we actually are apart from the summer months which were marred by high pressure low wind weather and the outages. I have now taken the forecasted monthly generation numbers from the AGM and converted them to CF per month and its a little different from my generic CF graph.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ripple have upped the Oct figure but it's still not right by a long way. Someone on facebook has mentioned that some of the historic daily numbers for Oct seem to have had small tweeks to them.

I think one of the issues is similar to our FIT systems where we have a gen meter which is the definitive record. But we look in real time at the output of the inverter. If you then try and sample the live data, you're going to end up with rounding errors. They also see to have a problem going from one day to another, so there might be another daily error to fix which they only do at the end of each month.

I know that still does not account for circa a 30% error though. :roll:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Wt1 is picking up again nicely. Had a quick look at Turnberry, winds are due to peak there on Weds at over 34mph while Graig Fatha is topping out at 22mph on same day. Best get used to it eh? :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Ripple have made a comment on a facebook group, I'm not sure what to make of it as I'm still almost 20% down on adding up the daily tally's. The sugestion seems to be it "might" be updated in a few days. :evil:

Linda Ripple
Group expert
Hi, hopefully I can shed some light on the matter. There are 2 things going on here. Firstly, as we want to get our members the info on savings as quickly throughout the month, (ie. on a daily basis), we use provisional information gathered from the telemetry data at the wind farm. On your charts you should see this generation labeled as estimated. What we perhaps could have made clearer is that this estimation will also apply to the savings too. The final month end bills savings are based on the actual meter generation. But there is a lag in the actual the metered generation coming through. At the end of each month, we provide a summary of the estimated savings and then when the metered generation comes through we change it over so members can see an accurate reflection. I apologise if this has been unclear. We chatted this afternoon as a management team as to how we can make this clearer on the charts. Therefore what you are looking at at the end of the month from us is the true generation and the true savings, and what you are viewing during the month is the best estimate possible for us to give you a point of view regularly. Secondly, at the end of the month, the metered generation can take a few days to update depending on where the month end lands relative to the weekdays/weekends. That is why you sometimes see your savings revised. But nothing has been "lost", just more accurately reflected. The differences can look more pronounced the larger your ownership share. For some members it is just pennies, but for some it can result in a few pounds difference. We want to ensure you can track your wind farm performance and savings speedily and regularly throughout the month, but also appreciate you want a clear understanding of what you are seeing. If there are any issues around your savings, or something still isn't adding up in your dashboard, do give us a shout and we can look at your individual case. We'll look into how we can make this clearer on the data charts. Hope that all makes sense.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:37 pm Ripple have made a comment on a facebook group, I'm not sure what to make of it as I'm still almost 20% down on adding up the daily tally's. The sugestion seems to be it "might" be updated in a few days. :evil:

Linda Ripple
Group expert
Hi, hopefully I can shed some light on the matter. There are 2 things going on here. Firstly, as we want to get our members the info on savings as quickly throughout the month, (ie. on a daily basis), we use provisional information gathered from the telemetry data at the wind farm. On your charts you should see this generation labeled as estimated. What we perhaps could have made clearer is that this estimation will also apply to the savings too. The final month end bills savings are based on the actual meter generation. But there is a lag in the actual the metered generation coming through. At the end of each month, we provide a summary of the estimated savings and then when the metered generation comes through we change it over so members can see an accurate reflection. I apologise if this has been unclear. We chatted this afternoon as a management team as to how we can make this clearer on the charts. Therefore what you are looking at at the end of the month from us is the true generation and the true savings, and what you are viewing during the month is the best estimate possible for us to give you a point of view regularly. Secondly, at the end of the month, the metered generation can take a few days to update depending on where the month end lands relative to the weekdays/weekends. That is why you sometimes see your savings revised. But nothing has been "lost", just more accurately reflected. The differences can look more pronounced the larger your ownership share. For some members it is just pennies, but for some it can result in a few pounds difference. We want to ensure you can track your wind farm performance and savings speedily and regularly throughout the month, but also appreciate you want a clear understanding of what you are seeing. If there are any issues around your savings, or something still isn't adding up in your dashboard, do give us a shout and we can look at your individual case. We'll look into how we can make this clearer on the data charts. Hope that all makes sense.
Seems fair enough.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:27 pm Wt1 is picking up again nicely. Had a quick look at Turnberry, winds are due to peak there on Weds at over 34mph while Graig Fatha is topping out at 22mph on same day. Best get used to it eh? :twisted:
You do know the turbines are not there yet. :lol:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3