Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Stinsy

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Post by Stinsy »

Kenny000666 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:32 pm Hi Stinsy

I mean, I agree it’s just a listing site, but I guess, as you don’t know who the supplier is, how do you know if your getting actual Grade A stuff or if it’s just Grade B etc. Whereas maybe a supplier like BasenGreen may be more reputable? I read one of the earlier posts and this was one of the suggestions to be cautious about.
you do know who the supplier is in Ali. That is the point. You have to trust the review system. a few chaps on here have bought batteries from sellers on Ali and been happy with the service and products they've received. It is the UK sellers you need to be careful of, I've heard about smaller capacity batteries repackaged to look like LF280ks.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I've just pi**ed a solid week away trying to get basic product info out of a cretinous seller on Aliexpress which was basically "please confirm the size dimensions of the magnetic backing strip on the back of this product"page

Utter fail 😣

As it is 11.11 "sale day" i'm looking for an 18650 battery kit with decent bms to make up for kiddo to have on jerry-rigged standby in her digs
Have plenty of samsung flat cap batteries, just a simple self assembly kit to stuff em in if anyone can recommend anything capable of taking between 30 & 60 odd batts.

& in other news, how do you update yr bank card on ali express? .or has it got back end problems today?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Just sent an enquiry to the same seller (docan technologies) on Alibaba as joe did. Looks like price on Alibaba still the same on the site. Let’s see if their enquiry comes back with an inflated cost.

I’m thinking saving on VAT if I get this shipped to some relatives in Hong Kong first and then shipped here. But maybe won’t be worth the extra shipping destination and flaffing around

Seems prices on AliExpress are relatively inflated at the moment, not as bad as Ebay.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Kenny000666 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:27 pm Just sent an enquiry to the same seller (docan technologies) on Alibaba as joe did. Looks like price on Alibaba still the same on the site. Let’s see if their enquiry comes back with an inflated cost.

I’m thinking saving on VAT if I get this shipped to some relatives in Hong Kong first and then shipped here. But maybe won’t be worth the extra shipping destination and flaffing around

Seems prices on AliExpress are relatively inflated at the moment, not as bad as Ebay.
Kenny, ask for Colin Deng, I didn't use Docan. I used Deriy technologies. If it was me and I got this info back then I'd price both? Caesium had no problems with Docan, I had no problems with Deriy. :D

The delivery is by freight train and there were no extra charges or duties.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Yep was me that used Docan (twice now, waiting for the second set to arrive).

I'd expect you'd get very similar prices from both but definitely get quotes from both.
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

“Deleted”
Last edited by Kenny000666 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marshman

Post by marshman »

What makes you think it is fake?? - not saying it is OK but curious to know. You might think it is expensive but it does say "free shipping".

Stick with the suppliers Joeboy and Caesium used, ask for quotes through Alibaba, they have both received the goods as described, pay by credit card, if any thing goes wrong you have the Alibaba assurances (not sure if they are any good as never had to try them) and also the fall back of the credit card company.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

marshman wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:19 pm What makes you think it is fake?? - not saying it is OK but curious to know. You might think it is expensive but it does say "free shipping".

Stick with the suppliers Joeboy and Caesium used, ask for quotes through Alibaba, they have both received the goods as described, pay by credit card, if any thing goes wrong you have the Alibaba assurances (not sure if they are any good as never had to try them) and also the fall back of the credit card company.
I'm going to be honest here Kenny, man up or trot on. We're not here to hold your hand or see screeds of posts where you're looking for 'support'. Get it done then come back to us or dont. This isnt facebook. :twisted: cheers! All the info you need is already posted in the thread.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:29 pm
marshman wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:19 pm What makes you think it is fake?? - not saying it is OK but curious to know. You might think it is expensive but it does say "free shipping".

I'm going to be honest here Kenny, man up or trot on. We're not here to hold your hand or see screeds of posts where you're looking for 'support'. Get it done then come back to us or dont. This isnt facebook. :twisted: cheers! All the info you need is already posted in the thread.
If this seems harsh it is. People's time that they contribute here is valuable, they have already invested a lot of time in the thread. Show some respect and appreciation by reading it all and understanding it. This goes to all who find this thread, If thats not to taste, head back to FB and the other 95%. 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Thank you Kenny, much appreciated.

We have also taken the time to supply the names of two genuine high quality verified sellers in China. I'd appreciate it if you'd delete the link you posted to an unknown battery source. I want to keep this clean for others and reliable. Thank you.
Last edited by Joeboy on Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs