Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

A nice wee photo update at Kirkhill up now. Liking the road!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Graig Fatha now surpassed May and Junes totals! :D
I wonder what all those moaning minnies who thought Ripple wasn't worth investing in are thinking now!!! :mrgreen:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:27 pm Graig Fatha now surpassed May and Junes totals! :D
I wonder what all those moaning minnies who thought Ripple wasn't worth investing in are thinking now!!! :mrgreen:
I am confident that one or two will have their name down for any GF that is redeemed by current owners. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

The one good thing ive looked forward to after turbulent covid & unknown seasons of it to come, travel restrictions etc.. is this blooming not yet built wind turbine.

Honest question, is that a bit sad? ..are we a collective of energy gimps or something else!?

(incidentally, gimp masks have really dropped in price over the last few years don't you think) ?? 😆
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:46 pm The one good thing ive looked forward to after turbulent covid & unknown seasons of it to come, travel restrictions etc.. is this blooming not yet built wind turbine.

Honest question, is that a bit sad? ..are we a collective of energy gimps or something else!?

(incidentally, gimp masks have really dropped in price over the last few years don't you think) ?? 😆
If I recollect, we were bouncing the whole 'how good is it gonna be, bet its ace' around for a long-time before they released the beast that is Graig Fatha. First 6 months were interesting and fingers crossed Ripple learned well from it.

You are right to be excited Gus, did I mention its generally windier in the North? :twisted: On the upside, they don't have covid restrictions to battle through any more. Not sad at all, on the gimp side of things, each to their own between reasonably consenting adults! 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I used to do a quick run on xmas & boxing day when we were "hated" by the ski fraternity. ..highjinks & anonymity helped keep my pass without getting my collar felt 😏

Yeah, riding scottish ski lifts in gales was an eye opener for my mates (water barrel stabilisation to stop you goung sideways) ..contributed to my wondering "why Wales" for WT1 ..& "ave it" for Trumpberry.

Not going abroad to Cham, WT2 keeps my (double) chin up.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

This one in yesterday from Ripple, just a bit of sales fluff really yet. The figure that interested me is 1,000 existing members have reserved slots, that's great to see!

Hi Joe,

Over 9,000 people have reserved their place in our next project. That's 10 times the size of Graig Fatha, our first project! As we move closer to our Project 3 announcement, here are 3 things you can still do between now and the project reveal.

1. Gift a greener Christmas with a Ripple gift voucher

Buy a Ripple gift voucher and gift a greener, cheaper energy future to someone you care about. Ripple gift vouchers allow you to gift wind farm/solar park shares to your family or friends. They can then use the voucher to buy shares once Project 3 opens*. Normally these vouchers are only available to send via email. But for a limited time, in the run up to Christmas, you can also send a specially designed gift card in the post. Head to your Ripple dashboard or click the link below to buy your vouchers.

Buy gift vouchers

2. Share Ripple with your family or friends. Save even more!

Did you know 1 in 10 members joins because a family or friend recommended Ripple to them? Your Ripple co-operatives are growing faster than ever thanks to members like you spreading the word.

Our Refer-a-Friend programme rewards you every single time someone you refer joins. Head to your dashboard to find your Refer-a-Friend referral link. Copy it and share with someone you know. If they click the link and sign up, we’ll give both you and your friend a £25 reward each. It'll be credited straight to your bill when your project starts operating**. Simple! It's a win for you, a win for them and a win for the environment.

That's not all. Everyone who refers someone for Project 3 before 15th December will go into a prize draw. 100 people will win £10 worth of John Lewis vouchers and one lucky person will win an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the Ripple project of their choice (Graig Fatha, Kirk Hill or Project 3). There's no limit to how many people you refer.

3. Already own wind farm shares? Increase your ownership

If you are already a Graig Fatha or Kirk Hill member and would like to increase the number of watts you own, reserve a place in Project 3 if you have not done so already. You can do this straight from your dashboard. This ensures you don't miss out when Project 3 opens.

Remember, you can buy up to 120% of your estimated annual electricity consumption and this can be made up from multiple projects. Over 1,000 current members have already chosen to reserve their place in Project 3. Electricity prices have risen significantly since you bought your initial shares and our projects are in extremely high demand. We want to ensure current members don't miss out.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Any ideas/ hints as to what project 3 could be yet ??

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I love the ripple concept & am aware of marketing, however running blindly into the same BS of reserve your space, demand is high, we expect to sell out quickly" type statements used on a rinse & repeat cycle do not garner trust nor favour as to credibility.

If WT 2 was that way, why did it stall, sit & have to tout elsewhere in order to garner late interest via an offer to another power companies customers (or whatever) ..& then the remainder was up for a 1 company buy in or a big loan.

The energy security security / prices was already - looking iffy when WT2 funding launched.

It is somewhat galling to see the same tag line applied over again when evidence says otherwise.
(Would like to kick that lazy marketing person up the @rse for being a liar & see it corrected)

Thus no reservation for me.
Was our reservation money converted to watts or what? ..I cannot recall.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Yes it counted to your purchase and if you decided not to progress then the 25 was donated to the local charity/ community.

I would like to at least know what Proj3 is before I commit to it.

Moxi