Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks Moxi.
Im not a curmudgeon, nor am I a soft touch, I do appreciate honesty, which is why I find it underhand & lazy, THIRD!? time round.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi Mr Gus,

I get your point completely and I myself want to see what's being offered next before I "buy in" so the fact that they are trying the same pitch for early adoption on the third project doesn't influence me at all - I will risk missing out in favour of knowing what I am getting in to on project 3.

Moxi
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Personally I'd rather just see a more conventional investment model, where shareholders get a straightforward return on their investment without it being obscured by weird credit processes on electricity usage. I'd invest like a shot if possible, which it isn't unless you agree to switch to a supplier that happens to be tied into the scheme. I want the freedom to choose who supplies our electricity based on best value, and not have my choice artificially restricted by any investment in renewable generation I may choose to make.

I can't help thinking that Ripple has been specifically designed to tie investors to a particular electricity supplier so they cannot then move to anyone else for many years without relinquishing their investment (and probably losing in the process).
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

I had not bought into Project 3 until last week for the reasons already mentioned, but in the end I felt comfortable with risking sacrificing the income from just the first week in November from the WT1 generation to charity should I decide not to invest.

Sometimes getting in first at risk works out.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

I wonder if GF will surpass Junes total today or will it keep us waiting until the early hours of tomorrow morning! :roll:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 am I wonder if GF will surpass Junes total today or will it keep us waiting until the early hours of tomorrow morning! :roll:
Already beat it on the 15th Nov according to my records.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:02 am
Adokforme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 am I wonder if GF will surpass Junes total today or will it keep us waiting until the early hours of tomorrow morning! :roll:
Doh, yes I actually meant April which only then leaves October remaining!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:48 pm I had not bought into Project 3 until last week for the reasons already mentioned, but in the end I felt comfortable with risking sacrificing the income from just the first week in November from the WT1 generation to charity should I decide not to invest.

Sometimes getting in first at risk works out.

Agree with you there Nowty, If it hadn't been for those brave 907 then Ripple might be just another statistic on the list of failed start ups instead of where it is today.
On that point I received a nice little bonus from HMRC following an application via EIS with Ripples certificate supplied as evidence. So cutting the ROI even further :lol:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:12 am
nowty wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:02 am
Doh, yes I actually meant April which only then leaves October remaining!
I think its 50 50 whether its today or tomorrow morning, the wind has been delayed in coming but its arriving now.

I expect October's total to go around the 25th of the month. Also, the jetstream is heading slightly south of us over the coming weeks so December might be quite less windy and colder.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:22 am On that point I received a nice little bonus from HMRC following an application via EIS with Ripples certificate supplied as evidence. So cutting the ROI even further :lol:
where did you get the certificate? and which phase is it for - or is it the Seedrs thing?
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!