Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Careful you might have to curtail it to avoid the windfall tax. :lol:

Is that watts or mA ?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:40 pm Careful you might have to curtail it to avoid the windfall tax. :lol:

Is that watts or mA ?
That my friend is bare naked Watts. :D There shall be no taxation here or strumpet flashing of mA. :lol:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:40 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:27 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:46 pm Some serious flooding in Aberdeenshire now worth a look on FUBAR news Aberdeen for a look at Fugh Bridge in Banchory.
:shock:
https://fb.watch/gTqMBxNzZo/
It is blowing an absolute hoolie up here! 8-) :lol:
Even my daft wee roof mounted WT is kicking out power.
Just heard on classic FM that a woman fell into an Aberdeenshire river yesterday, how very sad indeed. :cry:
There will be no coming back from that.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.stv.t ... hire%3famp
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:37 am Just heard on classic FM that a woman fell into an Aberdeenshire river yesterday, how very sad indeed. :cry:
Sadly I think you're spot on. I've never forgotten the effect of cold water on the body, and suspect that a part of the reason we used to do survival training in the sea in winter was to ram home to us that cold water takes no prisoners, and needed to always be treated with the utmost respect. Scary watching a colleague go from normal to a jibbering wreck that looked to be at real risk of dying in the space of about half an hour, just from being in cold water.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:49 am
Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:37 am Just heard on classic FM that a woman fell into an Aberdeenshire river yesterday, how very sad indeed. :cry:
Sadly I think you're spot on. I've never forgotten the effect of cold water on the body, and suspect that a part of the reason we used to do survival training in the sea in winter was to ram home to us that cold water takes no prisoners, and needed to always be treated with the utmost respect. Scary watching a colleague go from normal to a jibbering wreck that looked to be at real risk of dying in the space of about half an hour, just from being in cold water.
Same for us in the offshore game with the training. So sad for that woman. Today is grey but no real rain and the wind is negligible yet she doesn't get to go forward, a damn shame.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:58 am
Same for us in the offshore game with the training. So sad for that woman. Today is grey but no real rain and the wind is negligible yet she doesn't get to go forward, a damn shame.
When I worked on deck in North Sea, my Winter wear was boxers, two pairs insulated socks, top and bottom helly hansen thermal underwear, t-shirt, sweatshirt, thermal lumberjack shirt, thermal coveralls, jeans and waterproof jacket & trousers. Hard hat had a wool kepi too and a thermal skullcap . Needed about 5,000 calories per day. January on deck in the North sea is quite a serious environment!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

When I worked on deck in North Sea, my Winter wear was boxers, two pairs insulated socks, top and bottom helly hansen thermal underwear, t-shirt, sweatshirt, thermal lumberjack shirt, thermal coveralls, jeans and waterproof jacket & trousers. Hard hat had a wool kepi too and a thermal skullcap . Needed about 5,000 calories per day. January on deck in the North sea is quite a serious environment!
Don't envy you those conditions Joe, I hate the cold. Just spent the morning outside assisting with linking up fourth battery then getting wheelbarrow and gear together for gleaning Savoys tomorrow pm. I was feeling pretty chilli by the time I got back in, and it's a balmy 8 degrees C here!
Put the ashp on to get the lounge toasty for the afternoon and evening.
Discovered a leaking joint into the cistern in the garage so mustn't get too comfortable. Turned the water off for now, so must get back out again and sort afore settling in for the evening.
I know, us softy southerners don't know we're born do we! :D
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:03 am
Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:58 am

OGB being "rescued" after one of those sea survival training sessions off the Scottish coast. Someone on the safety boat had a camera and thought to capture the moment for posterity:
Being winched.jpg
Being winched.jpg (55.64 KiB) Viewed 978 times
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:17 pm
Don't envy you those conditions Joe, I hate the cold. Just spent the morning outside assisting with linking up fourth battery then getting wheelbarrow and gear together for gleaning Savoys tomorrow pm. I was feeling pretty chilli by the time I got back in, and it's a balmy 8 degrees C here!
Put the ashp on to get the lounge toasty for the afternoon and evening.
Discovered a leaking joint into the cistern in the garage so mustn't get too comfortable. Turned the water off for now, so must get back out again and sort afore settling in for the evening.
I know, us softy southerners don't know we're born do we! :D
We also had a leak! Insurance job, upstairs ensuite shower waste coupling had backed off works start Monday. :shock:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:32 pm
We also had a leak! Insurance job, upstairs ensuite shower waste coupling had backed off works start Monday. :shock:

That's a bit of a bummer, though a chance to uprate any insulation if required.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf