Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:08 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:32 pm
Adokforme wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:17 pm
Don't envy you those conditions Joe, I hate the cold. Just spent the morning outside assisting with linking up fourth battery then getting wheelbarrow and gear together for gleaning Savoys tomorrow pm. I was feeling pretty chilli by the time I got back in, and it's a balmy 8 degrees C here!
Put the ashp on to get the lounge toasty for the afternoon and evening.
Discovered a leaking joint into the cistern in the garage so mustn't get too comfortable. Turned the water off for now, so must get back out again and sort afore settling in for the evening.
I know, us softy southerners don't know we're born do we! :D
We also had a leak! Insurance job, upstairs ensuite shower waste coupling had backed off works start Monday. :shock:

Whoa! that was serious, don't envy you that either, so credit for taking it all in your stride.
Thank goodness we're in a bungalow, :D Mind you, we may not have an ensuite waste to worry about, but all the main feed and DHW pipes are up there so all higher pressure stuff. :o
Think I've got ours sorted, it was the cold feed to cistern so a plastic to metal fitting situation. I daren't overtighten those so stripped apart, cleaned up and applied a sealant to appropriate items. All very straight forward really. Mind you I've left a plastic tub underneath to catch any future drips should it go again. If it hadn't been for installing the battery I probably wouldn't have come across it for weeks or even months, so glad it went in today. :D
Glad you found it and got it sorted, always great when you can DIY.. I remember the plumbers doing the ensuite install back in the day (07-08) and they struggled to make that connection.off. 14-15 years? No grudges held and easy access from below so solid solid from now on. :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:44 pm
Adokforme wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:08 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:32 pm

We also had a leak! Insurance job, upstairs ensuite shower waste coupling had backed off works start Monday. :shock:

Whoa! that was serious, don't envy you that either, so credit for taking it all in your stride.
Thank goodness we're in a bungalow, :D Mind you, we may not have an ensuite waste to worry about, but all the main feed and DHW pipes are up there so all higher pressure stuff. :o
Think I've got ours sorted, it was the cold feed to cistern so a plastic to metal fitting situation. I daren't overtighten those so stripped apart, cleaned up and applied a sealant to appropriate items. All very straight forward really. Mind you I've left a plastic tub underneath to catch any future drips should it go again. If it hadn't been for installing the battery I probably wouldn't have come across it for weeks or even months, so glad it went in today. :D
Glad you found it and got it sorted, always great when you can DIY.. I remember the plumbers doing the ensuite install back in the day (07-08) and they struggled to make that connection.off. 14-15 years? No grudges held and easy access from below so solid solid from now on. :D
Trades showed up at 8am.final fast set coat going on now. Finish coat tomorrow Extra Insulation added too. :D
Very neat work.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Might it be an idea to fit one of these, plastered in access panels, in case you need to gain access to that joint in future?

https://jakdor.co.uk/ceiling-access-pan ... aded-frame
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

Definitely drawing down on that virtual battery now. 8-)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:15 am Definitely drawing down on that virtual battery now. 8-)
We are now pulling 94kWh per session, that's all SH's, HWT, EV & charge stacks. Its been the same the last 3 nights and home average barely dips below 19 degs at its coldest with 22 degs in the big lounge. I don't think I have any charge left in the VB! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

There have been a few updates to the Ripple FAQs, including this one on the data reporting which explains why sometimes we see some odd behaviour.

Where is the data coming from ?

Today's chart view
The metered data from the wind farm is not available on the same day. Today’s generation is populated by telemetry data that is used for turbine performance monitoring, not the generation meter. We receive the telemetry data many times a day and show your generation on the current day’s chart based on that.

Past chart views
Historic generation charts use the data from the generation meter. In the event we have not received the meter data, we use the telemetry data in the interim and update it when we have the meter data. This may cause your historic generation to change over time.

Future chart views
The forecast generation is based on a mathematical model which takes into account highly localised weather information and topography as well as the wind speed at the turbine’s hub height. It doesn’t simply reflect the weather forecast. We continue to assess the accuracy of the forecast data and will keep members updated.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

The largest wind arrow points to WT1. :twisted:
Its been a good couple of days. 8-)
My solar is crap at the moment but my wind is banging.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

WT1 might be busting the final October monthly record today. :twisted:

We are currently about 7kWh away from it up to 6pm.

We might end up being only 1% or 2% down on the forecast capacity factor for November. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:42 pm WT1 might be busting the final October monthly record today. :twisted:

We are currently about 7kWh away from it up to 6pm.

We might end up being only 1% or 2% down on the forecast capacity factor for November. :mrgreen:
Back up the road from a day in Edinburgh. 10 deg yet decent charge rate at Ionity Perth.
Strong winds and hail lieing at Brechin/Montrose. A new monthly WT record about midnight then? Happy days! 😊
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I think its fallen in the last minute. :twisted:

Wind has picked up above the Ripple forecast. :shock:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3