Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Re: Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

Post by Mr Gus »

You got lucky Moxi.
I have already repeated our crap experience at the hands of all the brands for bev in early - late 2020, too many times, & got the feeling folks thought i was exaggerating the lies, bs, ignorance & Dngaf from sales guys for their the one bev in a range of ICE, was tesla instore guys, since finding that the back roon set up is less than adequate, having a leaf meant the new leaf was logical but nissan dropped a steaming design 💩 with the fast charging issue they failed to resolve in a timely manner..& lost their lead in an instant.

Sadly even the MK shopping centre ev place was a bit of a farce too looking back, ..which was when we found the ioniq? saloon had a very shallow boot space, for all their space (big wall of buzzwords) they had 2 vehicles in there & all their staff just sat around, couldnt be , bothered to find out why we came in, too much time updating their twitter feed maybe, ..the reality of their business model was very disheartening (unfollow commenced). ..looked like jobs not passion re EV for anyone other than tesla, except honda, a gem, city car with leaf type range (gen 1) & a tiny boot, ..but "wow" ..manager was using it as his family car so we were only able to get a look not a drive.
Last edited by Mr Gus on Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 am I'm hoping to hear from Kia either in December, or early next year, as to when my car will be delivered.
If is on order and soon to arrive, its going down on my list, 77kWh I think ?

The exception I make is Stiny's iD4 cos that's never turning up. ;)
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=36&t=711
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

The "I. D."-ont know when.

Yeah saga of almost viking legend that, eh!?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Hi Nowty,

Yes 77kW - I was going to advise you once it arrived, did you pick up on my extra 150W mobile panel as well lol.

Glorious sunshine up here today but the sun is slow low now that the mobile panels are shaded no matter where I put them; and the inverter needs more Voltage if I run them in parallel so they are stuck in series until I fix that issue. The wall mounted vertical option recently presented to us looks interesting and could be a variation on that theme - just need time and spare cash - both tricky with small kids and big dogs.

The 150W is a standalone that can double as a battery charger at other times.

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:02 pm Hi Nowty,

Yes 77kW - I was going to advise you once it arrived, did you pick up on my extra 150W mobile panel as well lol.
I did see the 150W panel but I have to draw the line somewhere. :lol:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Moxi wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:02 pm Hi Nowty,

I did see the 150W panel but I have to draw the line somewhere. :lol:
Indeed, otherwise you could have us adding up all our solar lights as well!
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

:lol: Not to worry, as I say I have plans to increase capacity to help the winter and spring months - just need some cash and some time......

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

We see the only way to push the issue of police actually committing to viewing footage & importantly to explain the legalese to the copthorne & millenium chain, waited till 1am to ring, wife moaned about international phone charges (tariff change, point well made) & fired off a "how did we do" contact form to their head office "hopefully" as the daughter walking into one of the plymouth police stations & getting eye contact & a firm commitment of time & date . ..to sand a chance of getting footage to the sceptical tools at tesla in a reasonable time & maybe action befo t e 2023 arrives.

To be honest at this point we are dubious they will have saved the footage ..confidence waning.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Now sentrycam is turning itself off 4-5 times over 24 hours (held for 37 mins to get through on phone) ..asked if latest software was responsible? (no reports of this to others "Dimitri" said.

Each time car has been parked & requires manual sentrycam reactivation.
Not all 4 views necessarily available (just refuses to display ..especially the rear cam)

Anyone else?

If this is cold weather related then i'd have expected Norway, Canada, the sates to be reporting the same issue an age ago, but that's why i'm asking for others experiences,

Software version 2022.44.2
Again told to "book it in for a service" (which they cancelled last time when it was still needed to cost the latest damage for repair)

This in connection with the problem they don't wish to believe happened to the "car that is a super-computer" ..is obviously concerning us, this time they have acknowledged the system actually logged it this time, ..its just co
mpletely 5h1t at logging low speed crash damage, other people throwing car doors open & using the tesla as a brake, assaults & large items thrown in front of it vandalism to the glass etc etc..

If it were "just frost" ..why would it need a manual reactivation is our regular "guessing the fault process" with the car "game"
Last edited by Mr Gus on Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Might be a daft question, but what media are you using to capture the dashcam and sentrymode footage?
Does it actually capture dashcam ok and can you play that back without issue?

The only time I had any issues with Sentry Mode was that the USB stick I was using to record footage was on the blink. Binned it and replaced with a new drive and it's been fine ever since.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work