November electricity bill

Oldgreybeard

Re: November electricity bill

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Just looked at our bills.

This year we've paid a total of £714, and are about to get a "direct credit" of £38.66, so the total bill for the year will be £675.34. We've had cheques for the exported PV and FiT for about £1,100, plus the government grant for November and December of £133. In addition, my Winter Fuel Payment has increased from £200 to £500, so that's another £300 (although that's all gone to the church as usual).

Summing the lot, and ignoring donations, we've paid out a total of £714, for the year, (car and house total running cost, except for council tax, insurance and broadband) and received back about £1,533, so our net energy cost for 2022, for the house and car (including the ~£50 we've paid to charge the car when away on hols) has been about minus £769.

To be be quite honest I find this a bit offensive, particularly the extra £433 I've had from the government this year, which was badly misdirected (but, with GREAT thanks to Stinsy for the idea, not to mention another generous donation, has just been use to order battery heated vests, battery packs and chargers for those that are struggling with the cold).
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

nowty wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:44 pm
Marcus wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:32 pm I reckon i can trump that 8-) :

The smart meter's been in for 6 months so that's technically not a year - although i don't think i used any grid power before the SM went in. The 0.56kwh is when i used the mig welder on high power - the powerjack inverter and my old battery can't keep the voltage stable enough, and the GTI conneted solar trips out, leaving me welding off the battery, so i ran it off the grid instead.

I haven't checked my 'bill' this month, but as you can see i'm currenty about 1/2 way through the council tax rebate.

I'm currently installing an ASHP though and I'm not even sure if the PJ inverter will run it, even when i am generating enough power, so things could be about to change. And as i can't yet afford an EV i'm still burning Diesel to get about :cry: so i still need to sort that out.
How big is your hot water tank (litres) and storage heaters (either kWh capacity or kWp) ?

I'm missing vital info.
Err... well:

I'm currently building a house (not yet living in it). There's a new hwc going in with the ashp (300lt), but I've got an old, small hwc set up in the cowshed for washing whilst the build goes ahead. The current storage heaters are 1.5 and 2.1kw (2 & 3 element), but if all goes according to plan more of the surplus power will go via the hp into thd new hws and floorslab (52mm x 10m x 8m approx).
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
nowty

Post by nowty »

Great stuff Marcus, if its on order its going down on the list.

Are your storage heaters still going in your new place ?

I estimate 15 kWh for the water tank, 20 kWh for the storage heaters and 5 kWh for the floor slab. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3