Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Oldgreybeard

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:57 pm So looks like a good deal to me, but it does suggest that Project 3 might turn out to be more expensive to buy into as the people holding the development rights will be wanting a bigger payment.
That makes sense though, doesn't it? they have a winning idea, are executing it well, it seems, so it now is seen as having a higher value. Coupled with the massive changes in the market over the past year it seems to make sense to me, although my forte is very definitely not finance or investment! I'm just going on what's being reported by reputable sources, including those here that have put money into what they believe in.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

[/quote]

Be great if there was a way to invest and have the dividend go to a suitable charity, though. Does anyone know if this is something they have a work around for, please?
[/quote]
Given that the Welsh Government took out a large slice of WT1 for precisely that purpose then the process does at least exist. As to whether it could be put in place for individual. If you go on their website there is a very receptive chatbox so why not ask the question.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:27 am Given that the Welsh Government took out a large slice of WT1 for precisely that purpose then the process does at least exist. As to whether it could be put in place for individual. If you go on their website there is a very receptive chatbox so why not ask the question.
Thanks, I'll give that a go, although those "chat bot" things always seem to unnerve me a bit, no idea why, just seem a bit creepy!
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
nowty

Post by nowty »

And you can also donate an appropriate amount to a suitable charity via giftaid as a workaround.
https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid

For example, if you paid any tax on the ripple saving, you could donate your net amount to charity via giftaid and the charity claims back the tax. So you end up no worse off and the charity receives the full grossed up amount.

And I suspect it would be very difficult taxwise to have an option via the Coop to donate the savings directly as you may still be on the hook for tax as its still your trading benefit.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:33 am
Adokforme wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:27 am Given that the Welsh Government took out a large slice of WT1 for precisely that purpose then the process does at least exist. As to whether it could be put in place for individual. If you go on their website there is a very receptive chatbox so why not ask the question.
Thanks, I'll give that a go, although those "chat bot" things always seem to unnerve me a bit, no idea why, just seem a bit creepy!
I'm sure it was a real human that answered my question when I used it.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Nice to see WT1 waking up a little today. Looking forward to seeing the latest Kirkhill photos soon.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

About time, I have not been taking a daily tally of the WT1 generation for December, but I can guarantee we will finish the month on about half the baseline. :evil:

My virtual battery is taking some punishment this month, but that's what its there for. :mrgreen:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:28 pm About time, I have not been taking a daily tally of the WT1 generation for December, but I can guarantee we will finish the month on about half the baseline. :evil:

My virtual battery is taking some punishment this month, but that's what its there for. :mrgreen:

Anything above double digits puts a smile on my face. 50 kWh per day would be nice though. :twisted:
Wind is picking up a little here so got some drifting. :(
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
John_S

Post by John_S »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:06 pm
I'd very happily invest all I can spare, as I think their aim is laudable. I'm just waiting for them to come up with a way for those of us unable to have a smart meter to be able to invest, and at the moment that doesn't seem to be possible (at least not in terms of being able to get any sort of dividend).
Where do you get the idea that you have to have a smart meter from?
There is no mention of a requirement to have a smart meter in any of the offer documents, customer agreements or Co-op rules for either Graig Fartha or Kirk Hill. In fact the only occurrence of the word 'smart' is on page 3 of the Kirk Hill offer document

You will be able to switch to smart, time of use
tariffs as well as our partners1 standard tariffs if
you choose

Are you confusing the requirement to be a customer of a supplier who partners with Ripple with having a smart meter?

John
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

John_S wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:01 pm
Oldgreybeard wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:06 pm
I'd very happily invest all I can spare, as I think their aim is laudable. I'm just waiting for them to come up with a way for those of us unable to have a smart meter to be able to invest, and at the moment that doesn't seem to be possible (at least not in terms of being able to get any sort of dividend).
Where do you get the idea that you have to have a smart meter from?
There is no mention of a requirement to have a smart meter in any of the offer documents, customer agreements or Co-op rules for either Graig Fartha or Kirk Hill. In fact the only occurrence of the word 'smart' is on page 3 of the Kirk Hill offer document

You will be able to switch to smart, time of use
tariffs as well as our partners1 standard tariffs if
you choose

Are you confusing the requirement to be a customer of a supplier who partners with Ripple with having a smart meter?

John
When I enquired the only option was to be an Octopus customer. Octopus wouldn't accept us as a customer on any tariff that offered a cheaper off-peak rate (we have Economy 7 heating) as we'd tried to have a smart meter (SSE installed one but couldn't get it to work as there's not much of a signal here). SSE switched out the non-functioning smart meter two years ago and replaced it with a standard digital Economy 7 meter. Consequently I concluded that there was no way to invest and receive a dividend.

If things have changed, and those on ordinary E7 meters can now receive a dividend then that's good news, I will admit to not having checked to see if things have changed since my last enquiry, perhaps a year ago. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong and be able to invest, to be honest.