Solis RAI-3K 5G

MoSTiE

Re: Solis RAI-3K 5G

Post by MoSTiE »

nowty wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:16 pm
MoSTiE wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Umski wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:57 am Well my US5000 has arrived finally - blinking heavy and had to borrow the courier's pallet truck to drag it up the drive to save him reversing up through a load of overgrown hedge (not mine!) Still not unboxed it as need to shift the LAs around a bit (I think one is bad but getting a warranty claim is like blood from a stone - lesson learnt!) Will report back in due course!
ha... we had to lift a 9.6kw out my transit on Saturday, the guy loaded it with a forklift :shock: :lol:
@ MoSTiE, is that your total ?, your on my list but I have no batteries down for you yet ?
Nowty, I'll get round to your list, basically the 10kw install is now 13.28, the last 2 panels of 8 of the extra West array were fitted last saturday, the chuffing big battery is on a pallet, along with another 4kw of panels (the flat roof mounts only just arrived). There's more ... but I'll leave it at that for now ;)
nowty

Post by nowty »

MoSTiE wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:37 pm Nowty, I'll get round to your list, basically the 10kw install is now 13.28, the last 2 panels of 8 of the extra West array were fitted last saturday, the chuffing big battery is on a pallet, along with another 4kw of panels (the flat roof mounts only just arrived). There's more ... but I'll leave it at that for now ;)
So that's 17.28kW of solar once its all installed ?

And a 9.6kW battery.

Any hot water storage ?

Or an EV ?

Etc, :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

HELP! :(

I was trying to force a charge the day before yesterday to give the pylontechs a full charge after a few weeks working down at 20 to 36% SoC.

The good news is I got them to charge up ok BUT at 100% SoC they then reversed and started to discharge back to the house and the grid at 3.06kW, nothing I did seemed to be able to stop it so I went in and on the Grid switch menu I switched the inverter off.

I have noticed that it doesnt seem to be "seeing" and PV generation (via the AC side) in the Solis Tech view app and on the solis Home app it seems to think I am producing 6.5MWh of solar (if only!) so I have clearly managed to change something but I cannot fathom what !

Anyone got any ideas or guidance they can share to get me back to business as usual please? Its times like this where I would normally hit the factory reset!

Moxi
Umski

Post by Umski »

Have you tried a full power off and on? So AC off, then DC off, then power off the Pylons? Then reverse to restart? Next option is on the Solis, restart HMI seems to do a soft reboot - worth a try?

My US5000 has not liked the cold at all (in the garage) - it has dropped the charge current to 5A and the discharge to 10A so just about trickling along...
nowty

Post by nowty »

@Moxi,

I have experienced something similar with my Sofar ME3000SP battery inverter a few years back when I was fecking around experimenting and it suddenly appeared to self calibrate the CT clamp in the opposite direction and like you, everything I did would not stop it force discharging to its limit. I understand the stress of seeing all that precious power draining away into the grid. :o

My remedy was doing as Umski has suggested but I think I also had to go through the re-commissioning procedure as well.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Thanks Guys,

I will go out and give it a go :)

Fingers crossed

Moxi
Umski

Post by Umski »

Also just sent you a PM (sorry missed this yesterday) - I think the ToU timings might be the issue and it's stuck in ToU rather than self-use - one option is to change to another 'mode' e.g. back up only and then revert back to self-use but change the ToU settings to all be 00.00 to absolutely ensure no charge/discharge unless PV or demand - let us know as am sure will help others to root cause!
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:53 am @Moxi,

I have experienced something similar with my Sofar ME3000SP battery inverter a few years back when I was fecking around experimenting and it suddenly appeared to self calibrate the CT clamp in the opposite direction and like you, everything I did would not stop it force discharging to its limit. I understand the stress of seeing all that precious power draining away into the grid. :o

My remedy was doing as Umski has suggested but I think I also had to go through the re-commissioning procedure as well.
This feature of the Sofar, swapping the CT direction by itself, is documented here (scroll down to the tips about setting up the CT), together with a permanent fix to stop it doing it again: https://www.setfirelabs.com/building-au ... -inverters

I followed those instructions after having the same apparently random CT direction swap when fiddling around and turning the thing on and off, and since then all's been well. It doesn't seem clear in the Sofar manual though, might be just me, but there are a few things that I've struggled to really understand in that manual.

Quite likely that other inverters may do something similar to the Sofar, pehaps.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

Another peril of battery ownership. ;)
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

:D

Thanks to one and all for your advice - situation appears to be rectified, I note here that my logic clearly isn't the same as Solis logic :lol:

I moved to off grid first but to my surprise the batteries started to charge from the grid, I then went to the CT install and switched the CT from the grid setting to PV setting - the batteries stopped charging immediately and the 6.5MW generation tat I had been seeing on the cloud app disappeared.

Getting the solis to shift from offgrid to self use was a bit of a chore, I was using the HMI to do the setting but despite doing it several times it seemed to stay stubbornly in offgrid mode, I then used techview and stood at the solis inverter and set the mode to self use and it switched instantly ??

The sun is out and we are charging once again from the big fusion reactor !

I noticed that at this time of year my mobile array is catching a lot of shade so I think thats the next thing to address - maybe less mobile and higher, optimised for November to February harvesting ? I will post my mobile 150W system in a minute for the humour :lol:

oh and then if things couldn't get much better the nice man from the garage called to say my EV6 came off the production line yesterday and is being shipped - due February according to the current listing.

Again sincere thanks to all for your advice.

Moxi