Off adventuring!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Mr Gus

Re: Off adventuring!

Post by Mr Gus »

White "for a change" .or whatever is available from a last minute rush! 👍 easier spot in a drawer tbh.
Cheers.

Eceen / E-ceen are available on ali express as I recall, if they have the support legs I'd pay more tbh as its seconds,to set up & reorientate as required.

Blitzwolf as a brand ive been pleased with for both a small 15000 Pow bank, & they do big fold out solar... be tempted to push you towards them if I had to pick a brand to try.
Last edited by Mr Gus on Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Also, buy a usb ammeter whilst there to gauge output.
& a croc clip set hooked onto a usb (which i'd desolder & put a better set of wires to 😉 ..just handy bodge extra that sticks in a solar panel pocket.
& whatever modern adaptors you need to cover charging your kit, micro-usb C etc, so tht 2 regular cables from this are easily interchangeable.

my preference for backpack storage is my eceen, 2 panels, so opens like a book, smallest of all my units, so very stowable, the leg sold it whereas everything else needs stringing up, carabiners etc, & supporting, worked well on the glaciers and never blew over on the balcony, the longer (accordion multi- unfolds) ones I own are faff.

I have 4 !? ..if you want to compare can post, bought when cheap.

my eceen is this one
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

My blitzwolf, i think..

Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

https://eceen.m.en.alibaba.com/index.ht ... ange.index

The only company I reviewed that was proactive with supplying certification, cable spec, cell type, manufacturer (sunpower) & so on..

nb I note their larger concertina solar set up has fold out legs, ..there's your starter for 10 when fast sun angle adjustment is concerned from a clear ground point.

The magnetic snap closures are good too, hopefully specced on their big one.

Guess this is what you are after in terms of Turk-Sol potential & modernity. https://www.eceen.store/collections/fro ... pe-c-ports
check it out on Ali Baba, (cant see it there due to my tablets incompatibility / chinese site design) ..but id get a small 13 watter for backpack too, single phone / tablet charge bug out situations, which non legged models just cannot do

(forest clearing, 10 min stop, charge in seconds, no rigging, simply extend leg, charge & run ..again) ..ditto glacier, ..no faff

"My" 13 watter is also backpack mount friendly, bigger (longer) means scuff / scrape risk when all is considerered, ..to try & get a moving charge, longer downward means a 30+ litre backpack to accommodate extra panels..

In your instance maybe galv eye hooks, twist wire to reduce twist & slap (wind) against the main mounting surfaces you choose.
The fold points are the weakspot in this kind of design, but what can you do!?

If semi-perma mounting consider a split wedge of pipe insulation to back it with & reduce any wind slap movement (little bits of sticky back velcro to attach / remove all elements,including the wall surface if it is mounted vertically over an all day sun edge!?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

WOW, thank you Gus! I had no clue on this segment. I will.puruse all your recommendations, thank you!
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Was out on the balcony bbq'ing chicken earlier. The heat exchanger for the living room inverter A/C is out there. Couldn't believe how cold the air was coming out of it. Its down to 14 degs at night here now, but even so, brrh!

The inside unit is set to 23 degs and its great!.

Might have to bring my wee digital thermometer out next time to see just how cold it is on the heat exchanger.

No1 son had his retinal laser work done today. All good. We'll come back in a month for his actual lens replacements. I think he will be amazed. While we were at the eye clinic the surgeon gave me a quick test. My eyes have improved from 95% post surgery test and I am now seeing at 100%. :D
SWMBO is having second eye done on Friday, she is eager.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AGT

Post by AGT »

https://uk.eco-worthy.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ ... gKJcfD_BwE

Sale on, not compared any prices and no affiliation with the above.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Standard solar for joe is my recommendation also, these portable panels get ridiculously hot & are £ v watt pricey for very little energy return compared to normal panels.

They are typically not deemed rainproof, so really need watching & moving / packing away.
Whilst handy to have for occasional use the elements are going to take their toll on fold out solar if used regularly.

outdoor portable solar is often so reactive to cloud that it is next to useless here, peak solar season, radios, phones etc have to be well protected or else they overheat, a connected radio may go intermittent due to heat exposure/ micro shadow if it is run off usb connection but doesn't have a thoughtful pass through design.

I'm ok hooking up a smaller usb powered xtar battery charger for 2x aa /aaa / 18650 but any bigger (a 4 cell charger) too much stop start from micro-shadowing affecting charging continuity.
A glass solar panel of say 60 watts is going to trounce a typical fold out portable solar, as well as not get walked on.
Joe has a roof top garden thingy from which i'd set up a few powerbanks to be on standby for use as & when, & can be bundled into a pack for mobile charging / top ups with a bug out type bag with a small fold outsolar to take up slack when adventuring.

Maybe, even frame & mount a cheap flexi solar panel & hook it onto an exposed wall / balance it
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Thanks to both of you. This is quite a chandler's area in Marmaris. I might have a knockabout there next time and see what they've got in the way of fixed PV.

Our wee Bose 2.1 sound system took a high voltage hit the other day. Internal fuse blown. No sparky tools over here so off to Marmaris we went this morning. First guy wisnae there (dick) even though we hit the time and date agreed for drop off..

Went for a wander and found Brother Umit in his incredibly cluttered, funky, narrow electronics workshop. Had a chat and he said in Turkish 'nae bother Big Man, I'll hae a swatch at it the day n gie ye a bell'.

We went for a bit of shopping, coffee & cheesecake and I thought 'establish text comms with Umit'. Sent one off to him and he came back 'Bose ok'. Repaired in under an hour for the price of a DIY multimeter (£20). How's that for a result? Went back in and he tested it by full volume blasting Turkish dance tunes, so I did. He looked at me like I'm a loony then grinned, new pal. :) Serefe Umit!

Here's the shop.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:20 pm Here's the shop.

Makes even my garage look tidy! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf