Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Fintray

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Fintray »

My guess is 23:00 on the 17th. :roll:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:12 pm My guess is 23:00 on the 17th. :roll:
If the dip is short, could very well be. Pretty confident I'll be dead last. :D ;)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Sarah (CEO) from / Ripple has posted in reply to a winge about delay in announcing project 3. I wonder if they are now looking at smaller projects outside of the scope of the Electricity Generating Levy or waiting till all the legislation is in law because there may still be more concessions and depending on the outcome may still affect the cost of the project rights.

".......I understand your frustration.

We're aiming to launch multiple projects this year, not just one. It may well be that there is a solar and a wind farm.

I should point out, your reservation doesn't compel you to join the next project. If you don't take up your reservation, it simply gets rolled forward to the following project. So if the next project is a solar farm, which you'd rather not join, you can simply skip it and wait for a wind farm. You would then have 2900kWh worth of the wind farm reserved for you automatically.

The construction and operating costs of projects are specific to each project. In general though, the upfront cost of a bit of a solar park that would generate 2900kWh would be slightly higher than the equivalent wind farm cost. However, the running costs of solar are lower than wind, so your ongoing savings would be higher.

We know members are keen for more information and we are working hard to be able to share more as soon as possible."
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
smegal

Post by smegal »

nowty wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:19 pm Sarah (CEO) from / Ripple has posted in reply to a winge about delay in announcing project 3. I wonder if they are now looking at smaller projects outside of the scope of the Electricity Generating Levy or waiting till all the legislation is in law because there may still be more concessions and depending on the outcome may still affect the cost of the project rights.

".......I understand your frustration.

We're aiming to launch multiple projects this year, not just one. It may well be that there is a solar and a wind farm.

I should point out, your reservation doesn't compel you to join the next project. If you don't take up your reservation, it simply gets rolled forward to the following project. So if the next project is a solar farm, which you'd rather not join, you can simply skip it and wait for a wind farm. You would then have 2900kWh worth of the wind farm reserved for you automatically.

The construction and operating costs of projects are specific to each project. In general though, the upfront cost of a bit of a solar park that would generate 2900kWh would be slightly higher than the equivalent wind farm cost. However, the running costs of solar are lower than wind, so your ongoing savings would be higher.

We know members are keen for more information and we are working hard to be able to share more as soon as possible."
Thank you for posting that! I've paid my £25, but am less interested in the solar farm option.
nowty

Post by nowty »

smegal wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:24 pm Thank you for posting that! I've paid my £25, but am less interested in the solar farm option.
So am I as my own Solar is more than enough in summer but I don't yet have nearly enough winter generation.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AGT

Post by AGT »

That’s a shame, was hoping for wind again as project 3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:22 pm
smegal wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:24 pm Thank you for posting that! I've paid my £25, but am less interested in the solar farm option.
So am I as my own Solar is more than enough in summer but I don't yet have nearly enough winter generation.
Guess us PV guys will all be of a similar opinion. It will be interesting to see how next winter progresses with WT2 generating. But then providing the returns between Wind and PV are similar and they arrive in our account promptly it shouldn't really cause too much of an issue.
If the preference is to see larger sums arriving in the darker months then we could always ask for the Solar payments to be deferred for six months. ;)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Solar park would be less risk and maybe longer lifetime, but I am quite surprised it is a higher up front cost.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The funds will accrue in the account regardless and be there for Winter use.

I was hoping for a sliver of an offshore wind turbine, I reckon I'll pass on project 3 if its solar and hope for an offshore WT further down the road.

Don't want to 'waste' my last little bit of my 120% on a 'yawn' solar farm.

On the current unit,

CF has risen to 99.27% in the last hour, this is up from 98.8%. The forecast has the turbine peaking windspeed in this current hour. So we'll see if it hits 100% or if that's sacrificed to software control.

Hopefully this will help aswage any doubts for the Kirkhillians on November standby. If the weather is right, this thing rocks. :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

wind is back up to strength here on fens edge as of 4.am this morning has been fruitless trying to sleep for a good few days now yesterday was 0.30 hr in 24.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more