Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
AGT

Re: Small things matter

Post by AGT »

Will mention it next Christmas when I see him again.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Proper Winter food cooking, beef stew, doughballs neeps, tatties & cabbage. Cooked entirely on the WBS and it's a double batch. I think the kettle has been filled around about 5 times today. :twisted:

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Sun is shining with stack soc slowly climbing. Clearing out a woodstore to make space for splitting and stacking next years logs. Splitting a load of kindlers too and that most satisfying part of the process. The making ready of the mutant logs (you know the one's) to have a 'free' afternoon of WBS heat. All in all an incredibly satisfying morning. :D

WBS lentil & bacon soup with flaked chilli for lunch then back at it. ;)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Looks like you need an internal wood store, Joe.

Made this one last year from Teak (bought a job lot yonks ago). Holds 0.25m3

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:46 pm Looks like you need an internal wood store, Joe.

Made this one last year from Teak (bought a job lot yonks ago). Holds 0.25m3

That looks really nice. 👌
I shall mention to SWMBO, we have enough in the house to cover 36/48 hrs and SWMBO's self-inflicted morning routine is to stock the woodbasket. Woe betide me if I try to! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

At first glance I'm sure no one is going 'mmmn'. :lol:

This bowl reminds me of Wee Pandi's Dahl. Pandi was the Indian cook on a vessel I worked on in the Persian Gulf. Always had a huge pot of green lentil Dahl on the go. Lovely wee fella too. Anyway, this is like that which is nice indeed. :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

If we use it just for the lounge WBS (that one) should keep us going for up to three weeks - tend to only use it in the evening/weekend afternoons.

This one is in the ‘day room’ - used in the day Dec-Feb

Then the one outside for ‘al fresco’ cooking - anytime I can.

Like the Lentil soup - we had it for lunch yesterday. Red Lentils, Sofrito of Onion/Celery/Garlic and then chunky carrot added when the lentils have ‘mushed’.

Brilliant meal.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:33 pm If we use it just for the lounge WBS (that one) should keep us going for up to three weeks - tend to only use it in the evening/weekend afternoons.

This one is in the ‘day room’ - used in the day Dec-Feb

Then the one outside for ‘al fresco’ cooking - anytime I can.

Like the Lentil soup - we had it for lunch yesterday. Red Lentils, Sofrito of Onion/Celery/Garlic and then chunky carrot added when the lentils have ‘mushed’.

Brilliant meal.
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 Outstanding looking stoves, well impressed. Not sure which I like best, I think it's the al fresco unit. A real Industrial rev look about it? Where's the flue?

In no way a competition to your very cool Teak indoor woodstore. Here's the garage woodstore just finished. Accessible via the internal garage door to house so SWMBO can satisfy her logstacking ocd in the AM in dressing gown. :D

Managed to stack it more than before, should last 1 month to 6 weeks. I may take a moody night photo later on to satisfy my own ocd urges.

This gives me genuine satisfaction as it is a manifestation of my ability to be independent of politics and keep my family warm with lights on for extended periods of time. That hits the right spot in my heart.

Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 pm 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 Outstanding looking stoves, well impressed. Not sure which I like best, I think it's the al fresco unit. A real Industrial rev look about it? Where's the flue?
Flue is a twin wall, straight up and through the roof - pic was before flue install.

I like that one too - steak and meat ‘a la plancha’ on the top, roasts and pizza in the oven, paella on top too.

It’s 71 years old this year :shock: Think it’s ex-army as it has the arrow mark on the makers plate.

It’s a functional bit of fun.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:33 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 pm 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 Outstanding looking stoves, well impressed. Not sure which I like best, I think it's the al fresco unit. A real Industrial rev look about it? Where's the flue?
Flue is a twin wall, straight up and through the roof - pic was before flue install.

I like that one too - steak and meat ‘a la plancha’ on the top, roasts and pizza in the oven, paella on top too.

It’s 71 years old this year :shock: Think it’s ex-army as it has the arrow mark on the makers plate.

It’s a functional bit of fun.
There's a lot of potential there with no moving parts, pretty cool. My top screen which doubles as a holdback for the back vermiculite block buckled and let the block fall forward. £45 for a new one....

So I did a little cutting in about my shed scrap pile and put together a new heavyduty one using old bbq slotted cooking plate and logsplitter side guards never fitted. Solar powered battery tools too. I'm sure the fire is breathing better. :D

Again, one eye on uncle Bulgaria nodding approval. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs