Octopus IO

Joeboy

Re: Octopus IO

Post by Joeboy »

Well lads, IO is now open to others. I'm in and I'll let you know how it goes. Handy being up at half 2 this morning. :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well that was quick! Right what do I do with it? ;)

That's nice, a 6 hour charge window and other random one's through the day if the EV is plugged in. Hall storage heater is now back in the game to combat the gas use. 8-)
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I notice the Octopus tracker is back up & taking customers again, any use to people here? (no smart meter necessary)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:04 am Well that was quick! Right what do I do with it? ;)

That's nice, a 6 hour charge window and other random one's through the day if the EV is plugged in. Hall storage heater is now back in the game to combat the gas use. 8-)
I am going onto it too on 15th Feb, current Go tariff ends then :roll: We will miss you 5p overnight.....

I am thinking another battery, current Tesla 13.5kw not enough here over winter. Would be good to plan on max 10p Kw all year. Will need to do the maths!
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:52 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:04 am Well that was quick! Right what do I do with it? ;)

I am going onto it too on 15th Feb, current Go tariff ends then :roll: We will miss you 5p overnight.....

I am thinking another battery, current Tesla 13.5kw not enough here over winter. Would be good to plan on max 10p Kw all year. Will need to do the maths!
I have two 9.5kw givenergy batteries, nowhere near enough. Not sure how many I need and new radiators will hopefully make a difference with 90% less water.
On a cold day using 170kw, on a mild winter day 90-120kw.
Trying to get a few extra slots with IO, not sure how that will turn out. However even if I don’t get that my bills are still cheaper with pumps etc that a gas boiler last year. Mind you the savings sessions have contributed £300 so far
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

So much of it comes back to basics, insulate, insulate, insulate (I'm doing some today).

I read that as this a quite terrifying daily use. We used 50kWh electricity yesterday(100 miles into EV) and 15kWh gas. Not trying to compare our homes but for me personally that is massively reduced from the old days here and SO much of it has been simply leak sealing and insulation.

Always worth another walk through the house? This wee project is only a 3/4 roll of 100mm rock wool, change a light, seal sockets if need be and insulate paint the walls two coats. All here at home so only my time at no cost.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 am So much of it comes back to basics, insulate, insulate, insulate (I'm doing some today).

I read that as this a quite terrifying daily use. We used 50kWh electricity yesterday(100 miles into EV) and 15kWh gas. Not trying to compare our homes but for me personally that is massively reduced from the old days here and SO much of it has been simply leak sealing and insulation.

Always worth another walk through the house? This wee project is only a 3/4 roll of 100mm rock wool, change a light, seal sockets if need be and insulate paint the walls two coats. All here at home so only my time at no cost.
I have been waiting since October to get some Cavity wall insulation, but most of the house is insulated as well as can be expected. New double glazed units etc
Coldest room in the house is having black out blinds in front of bi-fold doors and windows in a couple of weeks, Velux solar black out blinds on order.
20kw of my daily use is EV’s plus SWMBO likes a warm house.
When I get it’s chilly in here - stat showing 23.8°c, I know I’m fighting a losing battle :lol:
I’m thinking I need at least 40kw of batteries maybe more
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
ducabi

Post by ducabi »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:29 am I notice the Octopus tracker is back up & taking customers again, any use to people here? (no smart meter necessary)
I moved to gas tracker a week ago. I sent them an email and they responded after 2-3 days. So, im on tracker for gas and IO for electricity. E.g. yesterday and today gas is for around 7p
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Just been reading the tracker pages myself as I like the idea of not needing to be on a smart meter but able to manage loads with my batteries to "dodge" the more expensive day ahead costs through winter months - am I right thinking the octopus dash board indicates the next days rates so you can react in time - eg charge the batteries up fully.

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Please let us know how you get on with it.
(anyone who can offer insight to the electricity side, its an area that many are flocking to currently that I have no idea about)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more