Tesla essentially just told us to "Go Fcuk ourselves"

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Bugtownboy

Re: Tesla essentially just told us to "Go Fcuk ourselves"

Post by Bugtownboy »

Gus, it may have been discussed before, but have you considered talking to your insurer ?

Surely all of the surveillance/hazard warning stuff (if working) mitigates some of their risk/capital recovery ?

I know talking to the insurers may open a whole new (unwanted) can of worms, but it may be an alternative approach to pressurising Teflon, oops. sorry Telsa (both non-stick for grotty stuff) to take your issues seriously.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Its something to consider, however I might simply follow through & add this knowledge to my bow by dint of process to keep punching back at tesla until they change rather than a mere win (hopefully) & carry on ignoring customers as before.

Talking to the car ombudsman, they as a group are trying to change the law, probably along the lines of you sell here? you are member no opting out & paddling your own CS canoe whichever way you fancy!

& considering I only contacted them late this morning, it only took around 2 hours to get a call back! ..pretty good response time (very grateful)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Good news, Gus. Considering the carp you’ve had so far, must be so refreshing to have someone take you seriously and take appropriate action. Just hope they follow through.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

BTB, until things change tesla can (& do) what the hell they want, & get away with it, so currently as it is non obligatory the ombudsman is toothless, I will be banging the drum for change with politicians (surprise surprise) ..wife is the one really suffering from this though, it is no walk in the park just getting to this stage, sick of tesla promises that turn out to be lies, ..the "my hermes" of the car world.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

WOOP WOOP

This thread, posted saturday, he's full of contempt for the liar b'stards too.

"unique problem my *arse"

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... se.295222/

*because i'm british
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Today's update:

Just got off the phone to my mp's office as it ties in with an outstanding follow up related to the car, damage, software & hardware failure etc
The whole shebang & potential for harm is to be presented from a variety of angles as to just how far autonomous vehicles have to go & how far wrong they can go when it does, & how bare arsed you could be left as a result, & open to criminal proceedings et al..

Have offered the broken car as a whole for scrutiny & evaluation bearing in mind being dumped by tesla.

To tie in with crime commissioner, car warranty & claim processing, status of manufacturers wishing to sell goods legal compliance, beta software, dept of transport, autonomous vehicle committee etc.. its a kitten attacked ball of tangled wool of a problem, which is already sitting in his office for further action & resolution.

Wife not in a good state, so today I opted to fight back & amplify our experience across multiple channels.I

Now I have to inform tesla Northampton & see if that changes things any.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Make yourself a complete PITA to Tesla. I tend to focus on how much I have been inconvenienced and try and return that while remaining polite. Tends to work. I hope your situation works out.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:39 pm WOOP WOOP

This thread, posted saturday, he's full of contempt for the liar b'stards too... "unique problem my *arse"

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... se.295222/
How about trying to link up and find others to see if there is scope for a class action brought by a good lawyer?
Take the battle into their camp...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
ducabi

Post by ducabi »

I would make more noise about it. I really wanted tesla M3, especially since the prices of 2nd hand cars dropped so much but I've read you thorough explanation (even though I follow your thread on this forum too) and I'm leaning towards a different EV. I've driven the car and I like it but when I returned it a guy from service department was apologizing to a customer for something they broke in his car. This + your story makes me expect a huge discount on tesla to buy it.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I have always been critical of how service / aftercare is with any company, because the primary goal is to sell new product, & the focus on a car is "safety" & getting fleeced from servicing is sadly accepted / expected, we have all questioned the industry & how it will move when the ICE opportunities are no more, & right now this is reflected by walking a video around your car it seems (wow, such value aren't they good to us)!? :roll: ]

However in this instance it shows that the caveat for software is "Ah but beta" with law trailing hopelessly behind as to what a consumer should expect of software, safety & liability ..& it's not like other companies are not watching how tesla makes coin.

My mind always go's back to renaults bonnet catches, a simple thing that went on & on because that is the nature of the company.

I have followed the law requiring the manuf to "attempt a repair" & can you imagine a board old twat of a judge (my experience of them) if it arose that despite all the efforts WE as consumers made to get the car seen to properly before it went further, if we had not done that & given up relying on "tesla had it's chance but cancelled on me" ..you would stupid to walk into court that day & rely on that route, even after the cancellations the over the air scrutinisation of the car, this technique is all pretty darn new to the legal process, ..basically swampland on a legal footing relying even more on the interpretation of a judges call.

Liability of software installed & updated on vehicles has a long way to go, is a restaurant that cooked your eyebrows from a pancake flambe liable or is it your problem for ordering the product? ..if the ingredients are not cooked properly? if the flambe causes damage to your suit who is liable, ..clearly as a pretty new coveted brand, an "apple" of cars (amongst the glib maybe) Tesla is bouyed up on its own self worth & taking a lot of people along for the ride teaching them bad ways..

& that software opens up the whole bricked by the company issue as experienced by rich rebuilds for instance, whereby a vehicle my be rendered useless.

I wasn't even able to speak to a supervisor the other day to complain about one of their phone guys who maintained control by firm denial of access to the supervisor who he initially agreed for me to speak to, ,,because posh logo on a polo shirt in an office answering phones,

If we take the statement of "teslas are always recording" BS as advertised, the fact that nothing is there after a deep dive, then to me it is obvious as to where liability should lay.

I look forward to tesla defending the brand if/ when a woman is raped in front of this fault, .."ah yes but rape kit" doesn't cover it. (yes rape is horrible, but you get my point) ..or a man is shot by crap police & the evidence from a tesla would have been crucial, but wasn't there, ditto a car jacking ...etc etc etc) ..the shine will be off the technology & improvements will be based on a massive stock value loss not because "we care"
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS