Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Colin Deng

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Post by Colin Deng »

MrPablo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:21 pm Looks like our cells were on the same boat Tinbum, DPD should be here within the hour with 17 cells.
I need to get moving and finish up the prep for hooking it all up.
Yes,almost the same boat
It should be arrived within this week

Thank you
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
Email:guohed070@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-deng-2b4277238/
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

MrPablo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:21 pm Looks like our cells were on the same boat Tinbum, DPD should be here within the hour with 17 cells.
They had mine out for delivery on Monday and tracking showed them on the way to the depot. Then the driver turned up!! She said they had been offloaded straight from the delivery lorry straight into her van so weren't scanned into the depot.

It will be a while before I get them installed, just moving them a very shot distance wore me out due to the Long Covid. (I started taking a product called Nattokinase, after lots of research, (blood thinner and clot buster) about a month ago and thankfully I now recover from the fatigue much quicker and my head feels more normal).
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Tinbum wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:42 pm
They had mine out for delivery on Monday and tracking showed them on the way to the depot. Then the driver turned up!! She said they had been offloaded straight from the delivery lorry straight into her van so weren't scanned into the depot.

It will be a while before I get them installed, just moving them a very shot distance wore me out due to the Long Covid. (I started taking a product called Nattokinase, after lots of research, (blood thinner and clot buster) about a month ago and thankfully I now recover from the fatigue much quicker and my head feels more normal).
I suffer the covid at Dec 2022
And after the covid, feels tired and weak
Feeling much better after the Chinese new year holiday
Now i going for a run almost everyday for 3km , much better now !
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Colin Deng wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:46 pm I suffer the covid at Dec 2022
And after the covid, feels tired and weak
Feeling much better after the Chinese new year holiday
Now i going for a run almost everyday for 3km , much better now !
I caught it Feb 2020, it was only very very mild for me but it killed my mother. I seemed ok ( looking back I did have some symptoms) until July 2020 when my heart rate went up to 225 and I went into VT. After an MRI I was diagnosed with viral myocarditis. Since then I've had fatigue- just like hitting a brick wall. First time it hit I'd only walked about 200m and I honestly didn't think I would make it back to the house. Headaches for months on end, balance problems, really weird vision problems, breathlessness, head pressure, pins and needles, muscle aches, really loud tinnitus and other really weird things. I was the person that was always active, fit and never used to catch anything. If I hadn't suffered from LC myself I really wouldn't have believed what it can do. I'm lucky though many previously fit people are now confined to bed.

It seems to get people in many different ways and symptoms can change from hr to hour.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

marshman wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:44 pm My latest "batch" of 32 from Colin arrived last Monday as well, bang on time.

Need to top balance then connect them up with the others.

Looks nice. :D
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

My cells arrived yesterday, they were originally scheduled for Monday according to DPD but it might have been a similar situation to Tinbum.

Well packaged and including the BMS I also ordered (for a very good price compared to some suppliers).
Hoping to find time around work to get them hooked up this week.

Thanks for the good service and great communication Colin!
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
64kWh Kia E-Niro
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

marshman wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:44 pm My latest "batch" of 32 from Colin arrived last Monday as well, bang on time.

Need to top balance then connect them up with the others.

Thank you so much for the kind feedback
Sorry that our busbar is not like the flexible busbar
Cells were balanced before ship out
Enjoy it
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

MrPablo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:10 am My cells arrived yesterday, they were originally scheduled for Monday according to DPD but it might have been a similar situation to Tinbum.

Well packaged and including the BMS I also ordered (for a very good price compared to some suppliers).
Hoping to find time around work to get them hooked up this week.

Thanks for the good service and great communication Colin!
Thank you so much for good review on our serivce
Hope we can also get the good review on Alibaba lol
It will help us a lot

Waiting for the system build with 17pcs cells to the forum
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

Some progress made today - battery storage and clamping system built and installed.
I'll be getting the DC cable, lugs and a crimping tool ordered today then I should be able to get it all wired up.
Simple OSB box, bolted to the wall with two supports for belts and braces.

All the material was left over from other projects, OSB might not be as attractive as plywood but I'm not going to break into a full sheet just for this.
Once I'm finished up, I plan to put a cover of some sort over the front. Shame I don't have a length of plexiglass or similar.
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
64kWh Kia E-Niro