Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Copying the post from the Mad March thread as its easier to search for in future here.(nowtyPB)
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 360#p13148

I looked back at some combined PBs I could find from last year, @Joeboy you did make it into the combined 3 figures club.

23/04/22
Nowty - PV 52 + WT 64 = 116 kWh https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 150#p11494
Fintray - PV 82.9 + WT 24.91 = 107.89 kWh https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 160#p11520

04/06/22
Joeboy - PV 52.9 + WT 49.15 = 102.05 kWh https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 360#p13148
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Thanks Nowty, Triple Digit now noted on my sticky notes (invisible medal applied). After the reshuffle of Victron system last year I am eager to see just how far we will go in a full year. We have referred to combined a few times so I threw a graph together of personal Solar & Wind output since WT1 started to turn (for some reason I just see Windy Miller's face as i write that).

I like the smooth way the solar production rises and falls (celestial influence) like a wave. Whereas the wind production (terrestrial influence) is far flatter and seems to stutter in its flow. Also March 23 seems to be the crossover month? WT would have done a lot better if it hadn't lost those few days to hydraulic fails. I am going to keep a track of this as the combined figure are where its at. It will all get right out of sync come KH getting up to speed but for the moment its a decent way to track our year.

Comparing the March months the rise in combined output is from an extra 12 days WT output and also an increase from Victron PV reshuffle.

The Oct to Feb PV desert is obvious as is our purpose in buying into the WT, it takes up a lot of slack just when its needed most doesn't it?

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

My ripple return shown on the website for March is about 6% less than I calculated from their daily outputs (after taking into account the slight upward revision of all of them since I first logged them.) I think others have noted this before, but it's the first time I have seen it - usually their figure is higher than mine, but maybe that's because I haven't gone back through a month before today.
Still a belting return though, but I have been surprised how erratic the output has been.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:19 am My ripple return shown on the website for March is about 6% less than I calculated from their daily outputs (after taking into account the slight upward revision of all of them since I first logged them.) I think others have noted this before, but it's the first time I have seen it - usually their figure is higher than mine, but maybe that's because I haven't gone back through a month before today.
Still a belting return though, but I have been surprised how erratic the output has been.
A
Same here AE, they have been very quick with the total too. Its normally a day or do before its displayed. Maybe they are using software this month snd it's a bit off?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:33 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:19 am My ripple return shown on the website for March is about 6% less than I calculated from their daily outputs (after taking into account the slight upward revision of all of them since I first logged them.) I think others have noted this before, but it's the first time I have seen it - usually their figure is higher than mine, but maybe that's because I haven't gone back through a month before today.
A
Same here AE, they have been very quick with the total too. Its normally a day or do before its displayed. Maybe they are using software this month snd it's a bit off?
Hadn't spotted that guys. Just checking mine then similar here too, the difference between mine and their's being 17.97 kWh's. Coincidentally the last days generation for us was 18.04 so just wonder if they wait for the official figure to come through for the last day before updating!
But, as AE said what a great return, in our case it will just about cover the months leccy bill. :mrgreen:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

For anyone standing by for project 3 solar park info. There is a post from Ripple yesterday on the community page saying that there will be more info coming in the next week. 🤞
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:17 pm For anyone standing by for project 3 solar park info. There is a post from Ripple yesterday on the community page saying that there will be more info coming in the next week. 🤞
Standing by.
120% of my approved limit should allow me headroom of a 4.4kW system to help charge the VB. :twisted:
1 year of FIT plus the Saving Sessions bung should just about pay for it.
Here at Nowty Towers, all green crap is recycled into more green crap. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:41 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:17 pm For anyone standing by for project 3 solar park info. There is a post from Ripple yesterday on the community page saying that there will be more info coming in the next week. 🤞
Standing by.
120% of my approved limit should allow me headroom of a 4.4kW system to help charge the VB. :twisted:
1 year of FIT plus the Saving Sessions bung should just about pay for it.
Here at Nowty Towers, all green crap is recycled into more green crap. :mrgreen:
Looking good Nowty 👍 I'll be doing something similar, packing out any empty corner I can find in the three projects and paying for it via FIT, WT1 & WT2, HT1 and maybe a quick rummage down the back of sofa. As you say 'Green Crap'.
Last edited by Joeboy on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
John_S

Post by John_S »

Ripple March figures are wrong.

Like others, my Ripple March total is wrong.

A quick bit of sleuthing shows that the difference is that they have not included the output for 31 March in their figures. Indeed the last update date is still 30/03/2023.

Perhaps, taking into account today's date, they are having a foolish joke at our expense.

John
nowty

Post by nowty »

For a bit of fun its all green crap because,

1) The FIT uplift today cannot possibly be 13.4% all tax free.

2) The Ripple WT1 cannot possibly be forecast to return in excess of 40% of an original investment in a single year.

3) My home solar + battery system cannot possibly run Nowty Towers including 2 EVs practically without an external supply for the next 6 months.

4) Octopus Saving sessions in conjunction with the government bung cannot possibly pay my entire annual gas and electric bill even without any Ripple rebates.

5) Nowty Towers cannot possibly be heated by an underground river.

6) It cannot possibly be April fools day today.

7) Ripple project 3 is going on sale next week.

Which of the above statements (if any) is false ?
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3