Oh dear, what have I done

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Andy

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by Andy »

I don't normally like personalised number plates but that is ace!
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Nice!, grey, my favourite colour :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Mart

Post by Mart »

Fintray wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:43 pm Nice!, grey, my favourite colour :D
Grey ... GREY! How very dare you Sir! It's MSM - midnight silver metallic, I'll have none of this GREY sir!

That's the colour we went with, and there seems to be some sort of running joke on the Tesla owner groups etc, where when we first said 'grey' we got told off. Psst, keep this to yourself, but I think it's gre...................... ahhhh ............ let me go.....
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I wouldn't have a grey car for anything, and would ban them.
When I used to drive for work visits (on a lot of rural roads) I couldn't beleve the number of idiots who drove grey cars under a grey sky on a wet grey road, sometimes even in cloud or drizzle without any lights on.
Our car may have "suicide doors" but it is white and we never drive without headlights on.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Its quite a complicated colour, there are actually speckles of green and blue in it. Maybe that's an illusion of sunlight reflecting off the metallic flakes in the paint, I don't know.

I nearly got the blue as the last car was blue, it was not my choice of colour but I got used to it. I couldn't have red, apart from it standing out too much, there have been so many problems with red paints on cars over the years. If I got white, I'd have to keep cleaning it and apparently some of the panels are different shades of white. And black is even worse for seeing at night than the grey, but NO, its not grey its "Midnight Silver Metallic" of course. ;)

And it does match the the wheel trims ! :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

"Tesla ponces" :lol:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Midnight silver metallic - one of the fifty shades of grey?

Anyway I like it. :mrgreen:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
nowty

Post by nowty »

My car known as Zen successfully charged to 100% on the 5p Octopus Intelligence last night.

Set off on my 255 mile trip to my parents and immediately Zen wanted to go another way so I ignored that and headed straight to my nearest motorway junction. The motorway was completely jammed and not even moving and Zen was telling me to take the 4th exit, i.e. all the way round the roundabout on the motorway junction and go the way Zen wanted to go in the first place. :oops:

Zen wanted a 10 min charging stop at the Hilton Park supercharger to get me to my parents with 21% of battery left. Well, I’ll likely to go on the toll road so I’ll probably stop at Keele instead.

Zen locked me out of auto steer for the rest of the journey on the Birmingham toll road even though I was holding the steering wheel but you have to sort of keep jiggling it very often. Damn, I’m going to have to stop somewhere and restart because I’m not driving the rest of the way without that. But at the toll booth I fooled Zen by setting it to park as I paid the toll. Yeah, back in business with out really stopping off somewhere.

At 77 mph I would definitely not have made it without a 10 to 15 min stop to charge, at 70mph I might just have made it with a near empty battery. But there were so many road works with 50 mph or 60 mph limits and it was busy enough to keep my speed down so I eventually made it without stopping to charge with 16% battery left.

So my two requirements of getting to London and back without charging and getting to my parents without charging are very possible. And if I could / wanted to go somewhat faster or it was really cold I could do it with a very short stop of only 10 or 15 mins on a 4 hour journey.

Zen is currently sipping my parents leccy with another 24 hrs of charging to go. :?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

All the YouTube videos I've seen say it is quicker to stop for a "splash and dash" every 150 miles than to try and eke out the battery. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with the exact same journey when winter kicks in properly...

How many miles did you manage in one hop?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Mart

Post by Mart »

Nowty, don't forget Tesla lies!

They keep a bit spare just in case, I think the TM3 LR averages about 25 more miles after it hits zero.

This came up after Tesla got into a pee'ing match with Consumer Reports, or some organisation like that, that claimed Tesla's never have the promised range when driven to 0%. Tesla responded by saying there's more after zero, which is a bit silly, I appreciate, and the organisation checked and agreed.

Edit - It was Edmonds
The two Model 3 variants drove the longest with an indicated zero miles of range. The Long Range kept going for 25.9 miles, while the Standard Range Plus went 17.6 miles past the point where its indicated range dropped to zero.
Tesla saves more range at 0% than other EV's, test finds
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.