Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

The live Q&A event regarding Derril Water solar farm is now over and it can be watched as catch-up on the same link I posted in my previous post.

They covered most things, the two things I took from it (which I did not already know) were,

Inflation
They do not take inflation into account because 40 years is too long a period into the future and a small amount of inflation would have a large impact on the savings. i.e, make them look unrealistically high.

How much of DW is currently sold ?
"So far we are getting up to about 50%", was their answer. If that is true, then the projects almost certainly a goer, especially as Co-Owners / businesses could jump on board at a moments notice and buy up large amounts. We know Ecosia (search engine) has committed 250k Euros to the project.
https://blog.rippleenergy.com/environme ... d-project/
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm The live Q&A event regarding Derril Water solar farm is now over and it can be watched as catch-up on the same link I posted in my previous post.

They covered most things, the two things I took from it (which I did not already know) were,

Inflation
They do not take inflation into account because 40 years is too long a period into the future and a small amount of inflation would have a large impact on the savings. i.e, make them look unrealistically high.

"So far we are getting up to about 50%", was their answer. If that is true, then the projects almost certainly a goer, especially as Co-Owners / businesses could jump on board at a moments notice and buy up large amounts. We know Ecosia (search engine) has committed 250k Euros to the project.
Regarding inflation and surrounding crystal ball financials. All crystal balls are vague up to 6 months and opaque beyond that. Ongoing world events have shown this to be painfully the case for most.
I have no regrets at getting in early on Graig Fatha and I'm sure it will be the same for Kirkhill and laterally Derril Water.

Can't hand hold for anyone but I can definitely see regret for the fencesitters two years hence if they don't get into these projects. In saying that, it's just another example of what splits the herd. Can's and cant's. :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/scottishashell ... 7S9Ucbxw6v
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

That's daughterly bought in now. The holdings below are split between two properties in Aberdeenshire, one in Edinburgh and one in Turkey. We will be able to cover all four properties and an EV. 8-)

Joe Graig Fatha 2.609kW (6,972kWh)
Joe Kirkhill 4.391kW (13,932kWh)
Joe Derril Water 4.262kW (4,178kWh)

Martin Kirkhill 0.96kW (3,045kWh)
Martin Derril Water 2.186kW (2,143kWh)

Nadia Derril Water 1.312kW (1,286kWh)

A potential 31,556kWh of RE. I am very proud at this moment. :D

Add in the hydroturbine and home PV generation and we as a family are North of 40,000kWh clean power. :ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:27 pm
nowty wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm The live Q&A event regarding Derril Water solar farm is now over and it can be watched as catch-up on the same link I posted in my previous post.

Inflation

Regarding inflation and surrounding crystal ball financials. All crystal balls are vague up to 6 months and opaque beyond that. Ongoing world events have shown this to be painfully the case for most.
I have no regrets at getting in early on Graig Fatha and I'm sure it will be the same for Kirkhill and laterally Derril Water.

Can't hand hold for anyone but I can definitely see regret for the fencesitters two years hence if they don't get into these projects. In saying that, it's just another example of what splits the herd. Can's and cant's. :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/scottishashell ... 7S9Ucbxw6v
I'm with you there both, although currently at 120% so not able to take part in DW. But certainly wouldn't put off anybody thinking of buying into it. Furthermore shares in Ripple the company are available to purchase on Seedrs webpage from around 10% above their last raise so worth a punt on those as well. For sure I won't be parting with any of mine given the scale of their current progression.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

I had a quick look at the Solar Park but couldn’t find details, I would be concerned about all the tech details. Solar farms built 10 years ago are now failing badly and require substantial maintenance and corrective works (re-powering). I’d certainly want to see more before investing, even basics such as inverter type isn’t easy to find, I mean there is a big difference between something decent like SMA centrals vs Aurora strings, the ongoing maintenance and down time could be significant, let alone even more problematic parts.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Jinx wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 pm I had a quick look at the Solar Park but couldn’t find details, I would be concerned about all the tech details. Solar farms built 10 years ago are now failing badly and require substantial maintenance and corrective works (re-powering). I’d certainly want to see more before investing, even basics such as inverter type isn’t easy to find, I mean there is a big difference between something decent like SMA centrals vs Aurora strings, the ongoing maintenance and down time could be significant, let alone even more problematic parts.
Do you have any examples of these failing solar farms? Interested to read up on that.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Joeboy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:47 am
Jinx wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 pm I had a quick look at the Solar Park but couldn’t find details, I would be concerned about all the tech details. Solar farms built 10 years ago are now failing badly and require substantial maintenance and corrective works (re-powering). I’d certainly want to see more before investing, even basics such as inverter type isn’t easy to find, I mean there is a big difference between something decent like SMA centrals vs Aurora strings, the ongoing maintenance and down time could be significant, let alone even more problematic parts.
Do you have any examples of these failing solar farms? Interested to read up on that.
Plenty of examples but I’ve no links to point you to I’m afraid. Most of the data would be commercially sensitive. Look at the companies popping up offering ‘re-powering’ it’s a big issue with wide ranging problems.

I’m hopeful that new installations will be much improved from the 20-teens where a lot of farms were installed by Spanish contractors. Small details can make huge differences to O&M through the service life, I mean, just accurate, durable labelling can save many man hours in fault finding over the next 40 years. Imagine the cost savings if correctly installed cable ducting was installed and sealed compared to direct burial and thus entire re-cabling of the DC field wiring.
So many seemingly minor details that hugely effect long term costs, whilst it’s still an unfortunate fact that the driving factor remains, ‘as cheaply as possible’ for many asset managers.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Hopefully the asset installation company will be aware of the pitfalls of the past. Fingers 🤞.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Milestone! :D

"First Kirk Hill turbine parts begin to arrive in Ayr

09/05/2023
Great news for our 5,600 Kirk Hill Wind Farm owners. The first turbine parts are beginning to arrive in the Port of Ayr! The generators were the first to arrive today. The towers and the blades are currently on their way, with the nacelles hubs about to follow. We'll bring you all the photos very soon"
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

There is just something magical about a windfarm build that a solar farm build cannot compete with. The shear size of components being delivered to site plus the crazy cranes you need to build them. :twisted:

Whereas the solar farm is something all of us could do, given enough time. :lol:

I've just noticed GF has returned the first £1k of my £5k investment in less than 14 months operation. 8-)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3