Oh dear, what have I done

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
nowty

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:31 pm All the YouTube videos I've seen say it is quicker to stop for a "splash and dash" every 150 miles than to try and eke out the battery. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with the exact same journey when winter kicks in properly...

How many miles did you manage in one hop?
255 miles from 100% down to 16% of battery.

I know there’s the try not to charge above 80% or discharge below 20% but these long journeys are very few and far between for me. Also the leccy at my house is either free or 5p / kWh and its free to me at my parents house.
Also supercharging at high rates is not great for the the battery either. But if I was going on a road trip to unfamiliar places I would probably follow what Zen wants.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mart

Post by Mart »

Fintray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:54 am Midnight silver metallic - one of the fifty shades of grey?

Anyway I like it. :mrgreen:
I think it's a lovely colour, or at least I did until about 30mins ago, when I started reading the articles about 'GigaFest' in Berlin today. They've been running tours of the factory, and allowing folk to take pictures, and 'left' a car partially uncovered in the paint shop as an easter egg.

I want that colour!!!!!!

Click on the linked article to see Elon's S in that colour.

Tesla shows Model Y with 4680 structural pack, new vehicle colors at Giga Berlin Fest
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mart wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:29 pm
Fintray wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:54 am Midnight silver metallic - one of the fifty shades of grey?

Anyway I like it. :mrgreen:
I think it's a lovely colour, or at least I did until about 30mins ago, when I started reading the articles about 'GigaFest' in Berlin today. They've been running tours of the factory, and allowing folk to take pictures, and 'left' a car partially uncovered in the paint shop as an easter egg.

I want that colour!!!!!!

Click on the linked article to see Elon's S in that colour.

Tesla shows Model Y with 4680 structural pack, new vehicle colors at Giga Berlin Fest
I'd like to see how it pops in full sun.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/insideev ... paint/amp/
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Worth a read. There is a good link in it on the clash tween US & German business practices.
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-09/
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Hope you're enjoying your TM3.
I've just rolled past 20,000 miles in mine, at an average of 273 Wh/mile. So almost, but not quite, 4 miles to the kWh. Wonderful machine.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Ah well, coming down the M5 today. Cruising along at, cough, just a bit above 70. Nice red Tesla hogging, I say hogging, the outside lane.

Kept a respectful distance, no light flashing, no tailgating then the bu**er put his foot down.

Oh hum :twisted:
nowty

Post by nowty »

I’m currently still in the NW of England at my parents, doing a load of DIY jobs as usual. My father is 92 and has hardly been out of the house during Covid. Last time I took him out of the house to Waitrose he nearly passed out. He is almost blind and has a number of medical conditions. Took him out today on a short drive down the Ribble Valley, he was ok and loving the car so we extended the drive a little and parked up on Longridge Fell and had a beautiful view of the Forest of Bowland hills to the north. 8-)

My mum was in the back and she found that sitting in the middle seat was far better because you get a great view out of all the windows and it gives you better leg room between the front seats.

We drove down an incredibly steep winding road from the fell and I showed my father that you did not even need to break because of the regenerative breaking. He and my mum then told me they used to ride their scooter up and down that hill in the 1950’s ! :shock:

We found a nice country pub and my father had a pint of Black Sheep. As we left another TM3 was parked next to mine. :roll:

Then I did the mandatory acceleration demo and my father said it felt like taking off in an aircraft. But, he was less happy with the car plugged into his house for over 30 hrs charging a couple of days ago. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:50 pm
We found a nice country pub and my father had a pint of Black Sheep. As we left another TM3 was parked next to mine. :roll:

Then I did the mandatory acceleration demo and my father said it felt like taking off in an aircraft. But, he was less happy with the car plugged into his house for over 30 hrs charging a couple of days ago. :mrgreen:
At least you bought him a pint! :) :D
How much did you get back on the regen on steep hill? I take it the software monitors that for you? Love regen!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Inskip75

Post by Inskip75 »

Nice area - only about 20 - 30 mins from us :D

I'll have cycled up and down those hills!!
5.6kW PV
0.8kW WT1 and 1.2kW WT2
9.6kWh batteries
3.5kW+2.5kW ASHP
Zappi
Seat Mii Electric
nowty

Post by nowty »

Back in Nowty Towers as I did the return journey from the NW of England to the South coast via my brother in Manchester.

It was unlikely I was going to make this trip without charging and as I left Manchester, "Zen" wanted me to do a 25 min stop at the Keele services which seemed insane to me as the battery would still be very full (75%) so I chose the option to remove charger stops. I got a message saying keep under 65 to make your destination. I obviously ignored that and did my preferred 77mph. Zen must be of been quite conservative, as nearing Birmingham Zen changed its mind and said keep under 70 to reach your destination. Obviously I ignored that too and did a Grand Prix start out of the toll booth. Its a bit weird, as in the old diesel, you heard the engine grunt, and watch the rev counter hit the red line in every gear. But Zen just gently whistles with the digital speedo clocking up like a fruit machine on steroids, passing everyone as if they are going backwards with Absolute 80's playing Visage, "We fade to grey", in the background.

My cunning plan was to stop at the Warwick Supercharger which I did, my first time ever at a supercharger and embarrassingly I could not get the CCS connector out of its holster. I noticed two Tesla staff there and they helped me and gave my car a complimentary service check which seemed to only consist of asking me if everything was OK and checked my tyre tread depth. Errrrrrrrr, its only 3 weeks old !

However I was rewarded with a free grey (or is it midnight silver ?) Telsa mug, pen and lanyard. And also an entry in my Tesla App service history of a "Completed Service". :roll:

SWMBO made me a nice cup of tea in it, when I arrived home. :mrgreen:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3