Is there a lift locator app for cars (functioning on gps)

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Is there a lift locator app for cars (functioning on gps)

Post by Mr Gus »

Scenario: Wifes new job passes by a convenient car park to pick up a worker in a country town along her route, (sometimes 2) both are country towns so get it out of your heads as to timely, cheap, regular & reliable public transport.

(there is, but it is none of the above)

A typical country worker without a car / salary to afford one as an "imported" care system worker from africa for example, involves a walk to a bus stop (often main station) to a train station, expensive train (one stop of some 10 miles) taxi there after ...rinse & repeat that & see how it affects a 12 hr shift & your wages.. connectivity is not cheap in the countryside, nor reliable.

The road on the last leg is a fast, obnoxiously driven death trap, risking premature loss of life if you tried to cycle.

With modern cars (such as tesla) with on the spot location as the norm, is there a "share location" which would be handy for those who you give lifts to for them to know you are on your way?

I know there are settings on tesla to give some limited access to your vehicle, but doubtful as to something like this which saves phone-calls, & assists travel reduction / emissions etc (& the potential to save a small pot of cash for someone on a meagre pay scale)

Minimal data scraping preferences obviously.

Wife doesn't like getting calls when driving (concentration & law) tracking a tesla is great for sticking the hot choc velvetiser on in advance, cooking supper timings etc, so is very handy.

A simple app that ties in your cars location for people who may regularly hop in en-route, or even a live "spare seat" live lift app? / one that works in a similar manner phone to phone, ..don't need anything sneaky location wise (stalking) a two way inputted code or something with names / picture security as a bit of profile / location security /anything close even exist ?

Cheers
Gus
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Coriolis

Re: Is there a lift locator app for cars (functioning on gps)

Post by Coriolis »

If no dedicated apps, Facebook Messenger/WhatsApp can temporarily share location.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks for the info.
Facebook, & presumably failed meta world :lol: ..that is a shame, as it is that degree of @rseholery data scraping I object to.
(the recent spate of schools & hospitals turfing over data without reason of late serves to reinforce my contempt of "spill yer guts" sites of its ilk)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
smegal

Post by smegal »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:27 am Thanks for the info.
Facebook, & presumably failed meta world :lol: ..that is a shame, as it is that degree of @rseholery data scraping I object to.
(the recent spate of schools & hospitals turfing over data without reason of late serves to reinforce my contempt of "spill yer guts" sites of its ilk)
Try "Signal" it's very similar to Whatsapp, but without being owned by Meta,
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Got it, just don't know anyone else who uses it sadly!
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS