Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
smegal

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by smegal »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:41 pm Wouldn't that have the effect of diluting the value of the shares already in existance. :?
PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT HAVE EVIDENCE FOR THIS

I assume they offered shares for a fixed period, then used debt to fund the rest.

Releasing extra shares would reduce the debt element as opposed to diluting the existing shares.
nowty

Post by nowty »

There is currently 30% of unallocated capacity which is used to fund the debt. If you take this to the extreme of the waiting list members buying up all the unallocated capacity, there would be zero unallocated capacity left to fund £4.4m of debt which would still exist.

The debt needs to be funded by a long term Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for financial stability as the CoOp needs to remain a going concern. If no long term PPA exists then it will have to come out of increased operating costs which may not be in members best interests.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Wonder if the person who highlighted that (put it out on the forum has had a behaviour warning from ripple? as to being offensive for asking pertinent questions about the general operations of ripple & its non notification to all & sundry. "affecting the community" ...I always think anyone drawing a salary has responsibility ..am I wrong?

This is why I said the marketing team appeared to be non responsive to requests / timely obviously needed changes & info putting out (considering how many of them there are / were in a huddle in the london? hq offices with disposable coffee cups, ..(hard to recycle yes)!?

If they were looking at saving money is the cost of a london office compared with many other cities / towns really necessary in the first instance?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:52 pm Wonder if the person who highlighted that (put it out on the forum has had a behaviour warning from ripple? as to being offensive for asking pertinent questions about the general operations of ripple & its non notification to all & sundry. "affecting the community" ...I always think anyone drawing a salary has responsibility ..am I wrong?

This is why I said the marketing team appeared to be non responsive to requests / timely obviously needed changes & info putting out (considering how many of them there are / were in a huddle in the london? hq offices with disposable coffee cups, ..(hard to recycle yes)!?

If they were looking at saving money is the cost of a london office compared with many other cities / towns really necessary in the first instance?
Nah man, that's paranoid!. :shock:

We could spend forever picking them to bits. I just want to see them operate at max potential and show how it can be done for others to follow. On the whole they are doing well with 7/10 and a could try harder from Teacher Joe. :D :lol:

The absolute ace up the sleeve and silver bullet for me is Jamie and his videos. Lives temporarily in Ayrshire (kudos just for that), hopefully in an onsite caravan to complete the image, has a cracking beard and enjoys heavy engineering. 👌
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I doubt I could cope with living in a caravan onsite on top of a westerly facing Scottish Hill. :lol:

Brings back memories of being in a Hoseasons holiday home from childhood in the seventies with the rain rattling down on the roof. :?

Although being onsite in Derril Water might not be too bad. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Happened to me Joe.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:39 pm Happened to me Joe.
Wow, that's sad.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
John_S

Post by John_S »

If anyone bothers to read the minutes of the KH Cooperative board meetings, one would see that the board decided against keeping the offer open for a longer period, not least because keeping it open would disadvantage people who invested early, including paying early. These arguments would prevent/prohibit them from reopening the offer.

I recall at the time of the KH offer, Ripple were very bullish on the take up of the offer with several 'last chance to invest' announcements and then extending the offer period and I was surprised to see the large debt portion when the offer finally closed.

On a reasonable balance of the PPA price paid and interest rates, the loan plus interest should be repaid in under 10 years. After that member should benefit as there is a large chunk of generation income which no longer services the debt and can be paid to members.

On a separate note, does anyone have a link to any announcement by Ripple of the final figures for the DW share offer? I cannot find anything, but maybe that is because I could not invest because of the 120% cap and they only announced it to investors.
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:05 pm On a reasonable balance of the PPA price paid and interest rates, the loan plus interest should be repaid in under 10 years. After that member should benefit as there is a large chunk of generation income which no longer services the debt and can be paid to members.
I've done some calculations, based on the following assumptions,
30% of 18.8 MW is 5.64 MW times average capacity factor 36.5%, therefore the unallocated 30% is roughly 2 MW (24/7).

10 year PPA after operating expenses, debatable but say we take the current year ahead price of £110 per MWh, minus £20 for Opex we get £90 per MWh. It might be a bit lower though, if its a long term one.

Therefore annual net revenue is £90 x 2MWh x 24h x 365days = £1.57M

I ran this through a spreadsheet using various interest rates,

5% (the lowest it could be)
Loan repaid in 12 years

6% Loan repaid in 13 years

7% Loan repaid in 14 years

8% Loan repaid in 16 years

9% Loan repaid in 18 years

10% (hopefully the highest it could be)
Loan repaid in 23 years

11%+ Loan will never be paid off, its gets bigger unless members savings are reduced. :?

Might have to add circa another year on those figures for accrued interest before revenue comes onstream.

John_S wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:05 pm On a separate note, does anyone have a link to any announcement by Ripple of the final figures for the DW share offer? I cannot find anything, but maybe that is because I could not invest because of the 120% cap and they only announced it to investors.
They have not announced the final figures yet but based on 8800 members (as at 24 days ago), an average amount of £2200 (GF and KH figures) we get close to £20M or half of the £39.5M required. There may be other businesses or individuals (£100k+) in there too, we know Encosia pledged 250,000 Euros. So I hope its no worse than 1/3 of it is financed on borrowing.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Start selling those buy a watt schemes & plug gaps, or sell it in lidl as a no set up, no inverter non residential, no council planning needed home connected power unit ;)

Musing..

Sell some bulk to the national lottery and flog it as all your electricity paid for 25 years (£10,000 ripple watts prize packages) maybe? ...of course turbines would need to be operational in advance, this also opens up the alternate lottery sales revenue stream opportunity which would please both govt & some peoples & test a market.

Not sure how corrupt the czech lottery billionare operator of our lottery license is though, (when does he take over)

52 weeks of multiple winners, could be a few million off the slate!? as well as a future guaranteed investor for a considerable chunk on new projects.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS