Have you got 5 mins to listen to Sir David King ?

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
renewablejohn

Re: Have you got 5 mins to listen to Sir David King ?

Post by renewablejohn »

Sorry but once you start quoting the IPCC you have lost any argument. Just follow the money. Now back in the real world how is this heat wave going in Europe of alarmist quotes of mid 40's and higher temperature. Funny how the locals in Spain and Greece are saying its just normal summer temperatures in the mid thirties. Are you all so gullible to believe everything the likes of the BBC spout forth I will leave you to it. I will stick with forums which can actually hold debates and have independant views rather than suffer this continual greenwash.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

renewablejohn wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:49 pm Sorry but once you start quoting the IPCC you have lost any argument. Just follow the money. Now back in the real world how is this heat wave going in Europe of alarmist quotes of mid 40's and higher temperature. Funny how the locals in Spain and Greece are saying its just normal summer temperatures in the mid thirties. Are you all so gullible to believe everything the likes of the BBC spout forth I will leave you to it. I will stick with forums which can actually hold debates and have independant views rather than suffer this continual greenwash.
Are we a facility for greenwash? Are you sure? Are we really? OK, 👋 and all the best.

Certainly in my village in Turkey it was 52 deg this week. I know this as friends showed me the gauges. I'll be there next week busy, busy greenwashing, ehm the sky? No wait, the sun, right? The sun, I'll greenwash the sun...that'll be just smashing. Bye John, wouldn't want you to suffer.... :roll:

For anyone interested in non partisan weather reporting I'll show both direct sun 10 am and in 😎. Reason being that millions of people are out and about working at 10am in Southern Europe and rather than going for the middday Ooh i'd rather represent the norm..

Certainly the village natural water cisterns in the hills are low. It has been 5 years since a proper Winter series of storms came through. I hope it is simply cyclic at a small timespan but the old Turkish boys say hayir rather than evet or tamam..

Sadly I don't have any further info beyond temp & humidity when at Turkish place but I'll post it up.

I am throwing in this last on an edit for pure cynicism and laughs. :twisted:
https://www.cinephiled.com/men-island-lost-souls/
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

renewablejohn wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:49 pm Sorry but once you start quoting the IPCC you have lost any argument. Just follow the money. Now back in the real world how is this heat wave going in Europe of alarmist quotes of mid 40's and higher temperature. Funny how the locals in Spain and Greece are saying its just normal summer temperatures in the mid thirties. Are you all so gullible to believe everything the likes of the BBC spout forth I will leave you to it. I will stick with forums which can actually hold debates and have independant views rather than suffer this continual greenwash.
Sorry John, you continually come out with vacuous anecdotes, not a scintilla of evidence, and it would appear no interest in engaging in real discussion.

My conclusion is you are in fact a climate denier, now pass me the barge pole Mart.
Blah blah blah
Mart

Post by Mart »

Hiya Desp, sorry the bargepole is booked out solid, but you can use a virtual bargepole, to virtually not touch, virtual comments, instead.

Not directly linked to this discussion, but I have been reminded of a truly excellent attempt to address the imbalance between treating the views of experts in the climate community, on a one to one basis, with those that disagree. It also raises the point that having an opinion on a fact, doesn't actually matter, for instance what changes in response to how you or I answer the question - "Are there hats?" :shock:

Nearly 10yrs old, but, still near perfection:-

3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Mart

Post by Mart »

BTW, the vid refers to a 97% consensus back then. However, the 3% of scientific papers that disagreed have since been reviewed and tested, and all of them were found to be flawed, by biased and faulty results.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Guys, to be completely fair, John has got on my tits more times than not with his style. I've had a wee PM with him and him with me and tbh I'd rather have varied views incl his on here than just the Borg.

We are meant to be the good guys so let's not get our knickers in a twist and let's be nice. We Don't know everyone's story or their background.

If any members start tripping pull them up on it. If their precious ideals are compromised during this and they flounce off in the huff rather than engaging in debate and discussion, that's up to them. Darwinian selection is alive and well on the board. :twisted:

So far we have had three members flounce off, I'd like to think they'll get beyond themselves and return one day. Unlikely though as some ego's are more fragile than others which is 😔 .

I have genuinely appreciated every single person who has contributed, I might not have liked what they had to say but more times than not it gave me pause for thought, what's better than that?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Do we need more of a visible break on some of the conversations ? An opportunity for all to pause - almost, and it pains me to say, to yellow cards give a strong hint, red card, last chance saloon.

To make it work, there’s need to be some informed input from a mod, and that’s not in any way a criticism of the way the forum works.

I’m all for friendly discussion and, in fairness, given the polarised views, it has been a reasonable discussion.

Forgot to add - cards PM’d
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:59 pm Do we need more of a visible break on some of the conversations ? An opportunity for all to pause - almost, and it pains me to say, to yellow cards give a strong hint, red card, last chance saloon.

To make it work, there’s need to be some informed input from a mod, and that’s not in any way a criticism of the way the forum works.

I’m all for friendly discussion and, in fairness, given the polarised views, it has been a reasonable discussion.

Forgot to add - cards PM’d
I'll be honest, I don't really want to go the full mod route. If members aren't grown up enough to self regulate it will be noticed, warned by pm, kicked. Nice & simple.

As we Don't ask a membership fee or similar, my view is that there's an awful lot available here at no cost. That is entirely due to member cerebral contributions and giving up of that most precious resource 'time'. It's all based on that. This is worth bearing in mind I think? Enjoy your Saturday night lads and all the 👌.

P.S, I have seen nothing in this thread that even comes close to the mystic line. It has been debate and one person being a bit of a dick., no fatwas issued. Its all 👍
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Ken

Post by Ken »

Turkey is not realy pulling its weight when it comes to zero CO2 etc. They have huge under used potential particularly with solar.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ken wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:47 pm Turkey is not realy pulling its weight when it comes to zero CO2 etc. They have huge under used potential particularly with solar.
OK, I know this. :D what's your point or was it just good to get it off your chest? :lol: :Kudos either way!
Last edited by Joeboy on Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs