Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:07 am I take my data daily from the 7 day previous graph and keep an eye out for adjustments.
I do too, I just clicked on the beta thing in an idle moment.
Also discovered that I have 6 badges! Not in the first 300 GF people, or whatever the one we were shown above was.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:07 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:01 am
Adokforme wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:13 am
According to my figures October has already gone!
Don't know if anyone else's chart shows an over production for the hour to 1 am this morning but our peak is normally 1.55 kW's, for that hour it is showing 1.8 !
Maybe, but the beta data is a bit creaky: my chart for last week shows zero for the 28th, which wasn't a bad day at all!
A
I take my data daily from the 7 day previous graph and keep an eye out for adjustments.

Assuming reasonable accuracy (fingers x'd), I need 17.5 kWh between now and midnight to beat Dec 22. :o

Edit, just checked the month Insights graph and it says 12.5kWh needed. Wind is falling, exciting! :twisted:
I'm with Adokforme, Oct 22 on my data fell around 6am this morning. I've taken my daily data from the original section. There is always a little change the following day(s) as the live data is taken from an estimate from the live power output (kW) which they turn into kWh and the day after they make an adjustment based on the actual generation meter in kWh. The other quirk is the billing to Octopus is in GMT time all year round.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:45 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:01 am Maybe, but the beta data is a bit creaky: my chart for last week shows zero for the 28th, which wasn't a bad day at all!
A
I take my data daily from the 7 day previous graph and keep an eye out for adjustments.

Assuming reasonable accuracy (fingers x'd), I need 17.5 kWh between now and midnight to beat Dec 22. :o

Edit, just checked the month Insights graph and it says 12.5kWh needed. Wind is falling, exciting! :twisted:
I'm with Adokforme, Oct 22 on my data fell around 6am this morning. I've taken my daily data from the original section. There is always a little change the following day(s) as the live data is taken from an estimate from the live power output (kW) which they turn into kWh and the day after they make an adjustment based on the actual generation meter in kWh. The other quirk is the billing to Octopus is in GMT time all year round.
Happy days! 😊
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

This thing is a beast, what a run!

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:56 pm This thing is a beast, what a run!
Not a bad end to the month at all...
and on that webpage this is interesting:
The wooden towers not only store carbon but also continue to absorb it during their lifetime.
which I would never have guessed. It makes it all the more important to re-use salvaged old wood rather than burn it!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:46 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:56 pm This thing is a beast, what a run!
Not a bad end to the month at all...
and on that webpage this is interesting:
The wooden towers not only store carbon but also continue to absorb it during their lifetime.
which I would never have guessed. It makes it all the more important to re-use salvaged old wood rather than burn it!
Great spot Joeboy, thanks posting. :D
Just to put the icing on the cake GF is now tantalisingly close to passing Nov'22 figure and claiming the second highest months generation behind that of Jan this year. :D
nowty

Post by nowty »

For the Nov 22 total to go, Its going to come down to how much gets added on after the month end close out, it will be very close if it stays at full tilt. As they use GMT time it should clock up until 1am BST :twisted:, and sometimes some other random number seems to be added. :lol:

I've also just noticed although we won't beat Jan 23, its now beaten January's baseline in July. :shock:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:45 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:01 am Maybe, but the beta data is a bit creaky: my chart for last week shows zero for the 28th, which wasn't a bad day at all!
A

I've given up today (yet happy), figures I thought were solid (4 day test) from start of month are out by multiple kWh's. Regardless of the final month count. No worries, this is the best purely financial month by miles. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

nowty wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:51 pm For the Nov 22 total to go, Its going to come down to how much gets added on after the month end close out, it will be very close if it stays at full tilt. As they use GMT time it should clock up until 1am BST :twisted:, and sometimes some other random number seems to be added. :lol:

I've also just noticed although we won't beat Jan 23, its now beaten January's baseline in July. :shock:
On our dashboard and according to the new insights total, up to and including 30/6, was 412.06 kWh's. Todays total so far is showing 27 kWh's so a total of 439.06. Our total for last November was 436.83 so unless I've made a boob somewhere July's total appears to have surpassed that of last November, accepting that confirmation must of course come from the generation Meter.
Just checking Octopus figures for last November I notice they paid an extra 5p over what my spreadsheet shows, so at last years rate perhaps another 0.6 kWh needs adding to the 436.83 figure so totalling 437.43 ish! :roll:
When it comes to CF's, last November returned an impressive 38.9% whereas July '23 is a mere 37.9%, but with one extra days generation the output appears greater albeit with a 1% lower CF figure! :?