Outgoing Octopus

Fintray

Re: Outgoing Octopus

Post by Fintray »

Duh!, I found a link on the app that allowed me to sign up for Intelligent Octopus and I'm now on that tariff.
Today Octopus got back to me saying that my tariff was live and they were setting up my export which is now showing as Outgoing Fixed Lite rather than Outgoing Fixed. I'll wait and see if that changes to Outgoing Fixed shortly.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Applied this morning with MPAN and DNO acceptance letter, but no MCS certificate.

Wrote them a nice letter quoting their T&C's, section 5.7 and 5.8. Including full line drawing details of the installation that were accepted by DNO and supporting technical data about the solars/inverter etc.

Made a statement that a competent professional did final connection of everything and performed circuit checks !

Lets see how we get on!
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Any one know how you get on if you have MCS certificates but no DNO letter?
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
John_S

Post by John_S »

Not yet.
I am in the same boat. My PV was installed at the end of March 2010 and I sent Octopus the receipted invoice, building control cert (for the electrical work) and MCS cert. Maybe things were done differently then.

Also I don't have an export MPAN and the DNO's website says that the supplier should apply for it, not the customer.
John
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tinbum wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:42 pm Any one know how you get on if you have MCS certificates but no DNO letter?
Octopus had said in a blog that a lot of old installations were never notified to DNO even though they were puka MCS jobs. If Octopus apply to the DNO for an export MPAN it will get rejected if the notification never occurred. So Octopus are reluctant to apply to the DNO unless you can provide a DNO letter.

In my case, I emailed my DNO and they emailed me back within a couple of days confirming they know about my system. A screenshot of the email was enough for Octopus.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Almost There, :mrgreen:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

I emailed the following to my DNO, Scottish and Southern Networks.

To: <notifications.southmicrogen@sse.com>
Hi,
I had solar PV installed in March 2010. I am unaware if the installer, Ecovolt Limited, who are no longer in business,
notified you of the installation.
Details are as follows
Capacity 2.1kW
FIT number FIT000001nn
Installation date 25 March 2010
Inverter SMA2500 G83/1.1 approved
Address nn xxxxxxxxxx Road London Wn nxx
MCS - certificate attached
Could you please advise if you were notified or if you are otherwise aware of the installation. I need this information
so that my energy supplier, Octopus Energy, can apply for an export MPAN for my SMETS2 smart meter.(import
MPAN 2000000nnnnnn)
If you require any further information, please let me know.
Regards

And they replied as follows the next day

Response By E-mail (Christopher Davies) (26/10/2023 15:38)
Good afternoon,

Generation Connection at xxxxxx - ROAD, LONDON, W.

Thank you for your recent notification regarding the installation of 2.15kw PV.

I have reviewed the documents you have provided, and I am pleased to confirm that the
information you have provided for the installation of new Integrated Microgeneration system
meets the requirements of the G98 notification process. Our records have been updated to
reflect this. If you require any changes to your electricity meter or electricity tariff as a result
of installing this new equipment, please contact your electricity supplier to request this.

This can be used to notify your supplier of this installation, along with the
reference number from their MCS Certificate, to notify their supplier of this
installation and negotiate an export tariff agreement.

Kind regards,
Christopher Davies
Generation Connections Advisor
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks
Walton Park
Walton Road
Cosham
PO6 1UJ

I forwarded both to Octopus and am waiting to hear from them.

John
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Fintray wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:41 pm Duh!, I found a link on the app that allowed me to sign up for Intelligent Octopus and I'm now on that tariff.
Today Octopus got back to me saying that my tariff was live and they were setting up my export which is now showing as Outgoing Fixed Lite rather than Outgoing Fixed. I'll wait and see if that changes to Outgoing Fixed shortly.
Email back from Octopus:
"At the moment, Intelligent Octopus Go is only compatible with the Lite version of Outgoing Octopus. This is because they are both billed to those smart half-hourly readings you mentioned from the same meter, and due to the BETA nature of both tariffs, our system can't differentiate between import and export with these readings.
This is something our Smart Tariff team are continuously looking into, whilst also waiting for the tech to catch up to what we want to achieve!"

Eh???

3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
John_S

Post by John_S »

Fintray wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 pm
Email back from Octopus:
"At the moment, Intelligent Octopus Go is only compatible with the Lite version of Outgoing Octopus. This is because they are both billed to those smart half-hourly readings you mentioned from the same meter, and due to the BETA nature of both tariffs, our system can't differentiate between import and export with these readings.
This is something our Smart Tariff team are continuously looking into, whilst also waiting for the tech to catch up to what we want to achieve!"

Eh???

That reply makes absolutely no sense to me. The only difference between the Lite and non-Lite versions of Outgoing Fixed is the rate 8p or 15p.

However, I recall Octopus saying something similar to me a couple of years ago when I enquired about SEG with Octopus Go. So they have been aware of the issue for at least two years. I had thought that adding a MPAN for the export from the meter was the solution, but apparently not.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

John_S wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:25 pm
Fintray wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 pm
Email back from Octopus:

Eh???

That reply makes absolutely no sense to me. The only difference between the Lite and non-Lite versions of Outgoing Fixed is the rate 8p or 15p.

However, I recall Octopus saying something similar to me a couple of years ago when I enquired about SEG with Octopus Go. So they have been aware of the issue for at least two years. I had thought that adding a MPAN for the export from the meter was the solution, but apparently not.
Glad I'm not the only one then!
I've been with them on export for a few years now so shouldn't be any problem with meter identification.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf