Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Andy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Andy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm
Andy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:33 pm That is indeed very good. I thought you'd be lucky to take 15 years to get 100% from my initial calculations. I wasn't able to get involved without being on Octopus which needed a smart meter. Now my bills are so much lower I won't be able to invest as much when I am finally able to get onboard.
you don't need a smart meter to be on Octopus, only if you want to be on smart/TOU tarrifs. We are currently still on a dumb old meter, have a choice of fixed or variable tarrifs and get our GF earnings credited against our fuel bills.
You are right , I wasn’t very clear. Unfortunately the tariffs on offer without a smart meter would have cost me significantly more so it wasn’t worth doing. Although with hind sight putting the £30k I put into batteries into gf might have been a better investment.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Thank you Nowty, all the best in today's export extravaganza. 8-)

John S 52.8% and 6p
Joeboy 53.0% and 11.8p
nowty 53.7% and 7p
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Krill

Post by Krill »

Krill 53.2% and 7.3p
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Nice one Krill, cheers.

John S 52.8% and 6p
Joeboy 53.0% and 11.8p
Krill 53.2% and 7.3p
nowty 53.7% and 7p
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:58 pm Nice one Krill, cheers.

John S 52.8% and 6p
Joeboy 53.0% and 11.8p
Krill 53.2% and 7.3p
nowty 53.7% and 7p
Late on parade - 54.3% and 8p for me. :roll:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Cheers AD,

The game is name the roi figure for Graig Fatha to a single decimal point for midnight on 28th Feb 2024. In addition and at no extra cost, have a crack at guessing the next years per kWh figure paid by Octopus on Graig Fatha for the year commencing 1st March 2024. You don't have to own any of it to play.

Competition is open until midnight on the 31st Dec 23. Prize is Kudos and a pint in Ayeshire at KH open day.

John S 52.8% and 6p
Joeboy 53.0% and 11.8p
Krill 53.2% and 7.3p
Nowty 53.7% and 7p
Adokforme 54.3% and 8p
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

News!!! Just got this from Ripple:
Project 4 update

We recently announced that our next project would be a solar park and that we hoped the share offer would launch soon. Before we launch a project we undertake significant due diligence to ensure it is the best possible project for all of our members, with minimal outstanding risks. We recently became aware of a possible risk to the grid connection date for the project. We have reflected on this news and whilst the risk remains, it is prudent for us to postpone the share offer. We expect the issue to be resolved early next year and hope to be able to launch the share offer for the solar park soon after.
In the meantime we would like to offer those with a reservation the opportunity to buy shares in Derril Water Solar Park, the project we launched earlier this year...
Interesting.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:29 pm News!!! Just got this from Ripple:
Project 4 update

We recently announced that our next project would be a solar park and that we hoped the share offer would launch soon. Before we launch a project we undertake significant due diligence to ensure it is the best possible project for all of our members, with minimal outstanding risks. We recently became aware of a possible risk to the grid connection date for the project. We have reflected on this news and whilst the risk remains, it is prudent for us to postpone the share offer. We expect the issue to be resolved early next year and hope to be able to launch the share offer for the solar park soon after.
In the meantime we would like to offer those with a reservation the opportunity to buy shares in Derril Water Solar Park, the project we launched earlier this year...
Interesting.
You know, I could have put money on that happening, obviously DW was not a goer with the level of debt it was having to take on. We never got to hear about the financial closure did we.

EDIT - And they waited till they secured the Seedr's funding before announcing. :roll:

EDIT EDIT - But its positive news that DW will likely go ahead with less debt. :xx:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:52 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:29 pm News!!! Just got this from Ripple:
Project 4 update

Interesting.
You know, I could have put money on that happening, obviously DW was not a goer with the level of debt it was having to take on. We never got to hear about the financial closure did we.

EDIT - And they waited till they secured the Seedr's funding before announcing. :roll:

EDIT EDIT - But its positive news that DW will likely go ahead with less debt. :xx:
I'm quite glad now that they won't let me adjust my consumption North of its current point. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

The second half of the message,

"We're also extending this opportunity to existing members of Derril Water to buy additional shares. The share offer for Derril was the UK's largest single co-op equity share raise in UK history. Those who are members of Derril or who have a reservation for project 4 will receive an email with details shortly.

We're aware many of you were looking forward to the opportunity to own part of a solar park. We are really pleased that the Derril co-op board today agreed to allow people with a reservation to buy shares in Derril Water. This opportunity is only possible because the finance contracts have not yet been finalised and signed.

We thank you for your continued patience."
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3