Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:30 pm
nowty wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:16 pm Panic over as the start of the 5 day windathon has started. :twisted:

Shame KH cannot join in yet as its banging up there too. :evil:
Imagine the combined output!
I am, :twisted:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

:hysteria:
I am focusing on baby steps. A £200 single month would be nice.

By the time we switch to the next rate end of Feb.we'll be just about there for KH. Good strong Spring gales to look forward to.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:38 pm :hysteria:

By the time we switch to the next rate end of Feb.we'll be just about there for KH. Good strong Spring gales to look forward to.
I am already past £200 this month and my first £300+ looks likely for this month, and possibly never to be repeated even with KH combined.

I am looking forward to my first 200+ kWh combined generation in a single day which will probably come in 2025.

A sunny windy day around May 2025, :twisted:

GF 75
KH 45
DW 25
Nowty Towers PV 60
-------------------------
205 kWh
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:59 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:38 pm :hysteria:

I am already past £200 this month and my first £300+ looks likely for this month, and possibly never to be repeated even with KH combined.

I am looking forward to my first 200+ kWh combined generation in a single day which will probably come in 2025.

A sunny windy day around May 2025, :twisted:

GF 75
KH 45
DW 25
Nowty Towers PV 60
-------------------------
205 kWh
That will be an interesting month. 🤔 May 25 noted in diary. PB's falling left, right & centre!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:13 pm
nowty wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:16 pm Shame KH cannot join in yet as its banging up there too. :evil:
Yeah... and roll on the day I get to the front of the queue for a few hundred extra kW up there too!
(Having bought the max permitted in GF I had to increase my "consumption" considerably to get into KH at all and then I realised that I should have gone for still more...
A
At least you are in. I am sure there are plenty who would look with Envy on your portfolio. Especially with the dearth of Co.op wind farms... I went in heavy as its in Scotland & and an area I know well. Few still days there. :whistle:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

As I won't be able to get involved with an.offshore windfarm Co.op (just for the enamel badge) I'll instead wait to be involved in WT revamp/upgrade projects. I'm a big fan of utilising existing ahem... utilities.

As Ripple won't cede their 120% stance I'm left with energy4all as a simple route to more WT shenanigans 😜

Fingers X'd.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Woke up to that narrow band of crazy yellow storm light, roofs creaking. Although forecast shows its not too bad.

GF has a slightly stronger forecast.

Then there's KH, this is not a one off. :twisted:
Plenty more of this just down the road. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
smegal

Post by smegal »

Am i reading this correctly, are they re-opening DW for purchases? I thought they'd already secured debt funding for any shortfall.

You are now able to join thousands of Ripple members and convert your reservation into ownership of Derril Water Solar Park.

As we explained in our previous email, the delay to our 4th project creates a unique opportunity for you to use your reservation to buy shares in an existing project. Derril is well into its pre-construction phase and is expected to begin operating in late 2024.

Introducing Derril Water Solar Park
If you have recently joined the reservation list and are unfamiliar with Derril Water, the site is located in Devon, around 8 miles east of the seaside town of Bude. Derril is set to be the UK's largest consumer owned solar park. Here's a few more facts about this unique project:

42MW, comprising of over 70,000 ground mounted solar panels.
It will have the potential to power around 14,000 homes
Just 5 panels is enough to generate a typical home's electricity needs for a year
It will take an average of 37 minutes for the solar park to generate enough electricity to meet a typical home's annual needs
It will save 19,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions every year
When it launched earlier this year it became the largest single raise in the history of UK co-operatives, with almost 9,000 members buying shares

A Biodiversity Management Plan will create new habitats offering food and shelter to wildlife and provide species-rich grasslands across the site. Native broad leaf and hedge rows will be planted and bird and bat boxes, hedgehogs houses, dormouse boxes and bee banks will also be set up. Invertebrate hotels will be built to encourage more insects and pollinators. The farmers who own the land will still be able to graze animals around the panels.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

smegal wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:25 am Am i reading this correctly, are they re-opening DW for purchases? I thought they'd already secured debt funding for any shortfall.

You are now able to join thousands of Ripple members and convert your reservation into ownership of Derril Water Solar Park.

As we explained in our previous email, the delay to our 4th project creates a unique opportunity for you to use your reservation to buy shares in an existing project. Derril is well into its pre-construction phase and is expected to begin operating in late 2024.

Introducing Derril Water Solar Park
If you have recently joined the reservation list and are unfamiliar with Derril Water, the site is located in Devon, around 8 miles east of the seaside town of Bude. Derril is set to be the UK's largest consumer owned solar park. Here's a few more facts about this unique project:

42MW, comprising of over 70,000 ground mounted solar panels.
It will have the potential to power around 14,000 homes
Just 5 panels is enough to generate a typical home's electricity needs for a year
It will take an average of 37 minutes for the solar park to generate enough electricity to meet a typical home's annual needs
It will save 19,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions every year
When it launched earlier this year it became the largest single raise in the history of UK co-operatives, with almost 9,000 members buying shares

A Biodiversity Management Plan will create new habitats offering food and shelter to wildlife and provide species-rich grasslands across the site. Native broad leaf and hedge rows will be planted and bird and bat boxes, hedgehogs houses, dormouse boxes and bee banks will also be set up. Invertebrate hotels will be built to encourage more insects and pollinators. The farmers who own the land will still be able to graze animals around the panels.
Yes, if you are under the 120%.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

And only if you are either an existing DW member or are pre registered with P4.
Sarah (the CEO) has clarified this on one of the facebook forums.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3