Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Moxi

Re: Small things matter

Post by Moxi »

JB and others who may be tempted, 4th to 10th January in the middle of Lidl offer.

Moxi

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:48 pm JB and others who may be tempted, 4th to 10th January in the middle of Lidl offer.

Moxi

Cheers Moxi, nice find! 👍 I think that's the one Fintray got for £15?
We went for this one, open box offer.

I am very happily surprised at the volume of air it moves. So much so that it can get the towels moving when drying. Only just and the clothes horse has to be close but defo breezy.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Like this.

Hot water from WBS kettle is now steeping the rice to part cook and destarch. Kettle refilled and back on for later use.

SWMBO cooked a nice chicken curry on WBS two days ago. It has been cold soaking in garage since. It has just went back onto WBS to heat through and final chilli additions.

Nans will go in airfryer. I reckon about 0.25kWh electricity to make a curry for three people thanks to the WBS. :praise:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:08 pm
Moxi wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:48 pm JB and others who may be tempted, 4th to 10th January in the middle of Lidl offer.

Moxi

Cheers Moxi, nice find! 👍 I think that's the one Fintray got for £15?
It is, though now I'm thinking do I need a spare! :lol:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Popped it on this thread as I believe you mentioned wanting one for the cabin ?

Im working out if I want one bad enough to risk a sideways glance from my lovely wife :fight:

Moxi
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

My single fan is getting on for ten years old and when using the both WBS on rate sub zero nights I do wish I had a second fan and at other times it’s a spare - it’s a tough one

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:15 pm Popped it on this thread as I believe you mentioned wanting one for the cabin ?

Im working out if I want one bad enough to risk a sideways glance from my lovely wife :fight:

Moxi
:lol: :lol:
I get those too, can feel them landing.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I will be there on the 4th Moxi! :twisted:
Reminder note is set.

A WBS cooking frenzy today 😋

Peeled & boiled some 10p tatties picked up in Edinburgh on Boxing day. They are now curried, steeping tatties.

Also prepped a beef stew for around 5 people and chopped up two neeps, some of which will make its way to SWMBO's Mum's freezer.

All in all, a very pleasant productive morning. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

:D

I’m just firing up the WBS down here as the temperature in the lounge has slipped under 18 degrees, solar is a mighty 66wp at present and half a kWh for the days take so far.

The boss is busy in new year mode tidying cleaning and throwing out, kids are around at the back house with nanny n grandad.

I think I will be taking my wife out on the fourth too 😆 just for a drive, maybe pop in Lidl if we “happen” to pass by :whistle: .

Cars charging on the granny charger and meter reading will be submitted later as we are on a variable tariff and no smart meter.

Enfys is sat on her heat mat as its only twenty two at the thermostat so twenty eight in contact with the glass floor.

She will be mobile later as the WBS brings up the lounge to twenty degrees her environment will reach the point where she cruises off to find a cooler ambush position near her rocks and water area.

Nice gentle end to the old year in general with a Chinese booked to collect at 5pm.

Happy new year to one and all, here’s to new green energy records the addition of KH and lots and lots of excellent quality insolation in 2024.

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:13 pm

Nice gentle end to the old year in general with a Chinese booked to collect at 5pm.

Happy new year to one and all, here’s to new green energy records the addition of KH and lots and lots of excellent quality insolation in 2024.

Moxi
My cousin had cooked Christmas dinner for her mum and dad (both in their 80's) and took it over on Christmas day for them. She then went home to chill out with a couple of drinks with her husband whilst they choose what to have from the Chinese. Once they had decided what they were having she phoned in her order only to find that it was collection only, so sandwiches all round! :facepalm:

Happy New Year to all with you Moxi.
Last edited by Fintray on Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf