Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

nowty

Re: Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

Post by nowty »

Andy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:24 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:02 pm An ominous message has appeared on my Octopus account. :?

Everything looks OK to me. :whistle:
Uh oh. I've just started the whole export process pulling out of my FIT. Let us know how it goes please. Hopefully nothing to see here.

Hopefully you have lots of screenshots etc. The words 'your balance may be incorrect' as we make changes is a bit dodgy.
Hopefully will be OK, :xx:,

They debited my Dec usage without sending me the actual bill. The amount they debited looked about right to me but I may have taken the IOG too far on the extra slot manipulation and they want to charge me full rate on some of the extra slots.

Or it could be my export at the start as I had asked to initially go onto the Agile export, but they put me on Fixed export. I decided to keep the Fixed export, but then they changed my export to Agile and somehow back dated it. I then asked to move to Fixed and they did immediately but maybe the billing has gone awry.

I'm not too worried.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

nowty wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:41 pm An ominous message has appeared on my Octopus account. :?
Everything looks OK to me. :whistle:
This looks like what the PO Horizon system should have been saying! :whistle:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Andy

Post by Andy »

nowty wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:41 pm
They debited my Dec usage without sending me the actual bill. The amount they debited looked about right to me but I may have taken the IOG too far on the extra slot manipulation and they want to charge me full rate on some of the extra slots.
Hrrrrm. The trouble is if you plug your car in do they not insist on taking control. So at that point you have no control on the slot times. I guess you mean they are concerned about charging the house batteries in those periods?
nowty

Post by nowty »

Andy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:52 pm
Hrrrrm. The trouble is if you plug your car in do they not insist on taking control. So at that point you have no control on the slot times. I guess you mean they are concerned about charging the house batteries in those periods?
Sort of, Octopus reserve the right to limit your cheap rate for controlled charging to 6 hours per day, but they have not so far.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 pm
Sort of, Octopus reserve the right to limit your cheap rate for controlled charging to 6 hours per day, but they have not so far.
Even in the face of pure gaming and naked abuse Octopus are yet to apply any form of “fair use”. How hard would it be to limit additional slots to 60 additional slots a month (or whatever). Maybe if they set a limit it’d end up being a target?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:38 am

Even in the face of pure gaming and naked abuse Octopus are yet to apply any form of “fair use”. How hard would it be to limit additional slots to 60 additional slots a month (or whatever). Maybe if they set a limit it’d end up being a target?
If it wasn’t working in their favour they would not have allowed IOG users an export tariff at 15 p/kwh one would have thought.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yuff wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:21 am

If it wasn’t working in their favour they would not have allowed IOG users an export tariff at 15 p/kwh one would have thought.
Another thing I'm not complaining about but cannot understand!

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Andy

Post by Andy »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:17 pm ....but cannot understand!
This is my concern regarding coming off FIT. Does anyone know when the new nodal pricing structure is going to arrive? That might affect my prices up north with all the turbines over producing.

nodal pricing
nowty

Post by nowty »

Andy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:06 pm
Stinsy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:17 pm ....but cannot understand!
This is my concern regarding coming off FIT. Does anyone know when the new nodal pricing structure is going to arrive? That might affect my prices up north with all the turbines over producing.

nodal pricing
I wrote back in mid 2022, ......... timescales are a few years, a decade or never.
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... =10#p34123

Probably further away than before now that gas prices are back to stable lows.

There is a good article in the FT about Leccy locational pricing from a few months back,

Paywall removed version of the FT article,
https://archive.ph/vMFhL
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Heard today that the relevant team within Octopus are aware of rampant gaming/abuse of IOG and have wheels in motion to resolve the issue. Expect changes folks.