Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

nowty

Re: Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:06 pm
Stinsy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:38 am
nowty wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 pm

Sort of, Octopus reserve the right to limit your cheap rate for controlled charging to 6 hours per day, but they have not so far.
Even in the face of pure gaming and naked abuse Octopus are yet to apply any form of “fair use”. How hard would it be to limit additional slots to 60 additional slots a month (or whatever). Maybe if they set a limit it’d end up being a target?
Heard today that the relevant team within Octopus are aware of rampant gaming/abuse of IOG and have wheels in motion to resolve the issue. Expect changes folks.
:facepalm: :fan: :evil:

I'm surprised its lasted as long as it has. :xx:

Octopus have probably realised there is a cold snap coming and EVs are being driven around the M25 a couple of times to get the SOC low enough to crank up the house heating on cheapslot for the next 16 hours. :hysteria:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Heard today that the relevant team within Octopus are aware of rampant gaming/abuse of IOG and have wheels in motion to resolve the issue. Expect changes folks.
[/quote]

Suspect that will happen when it changes from Beta
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

I suspect eventually, only devices smart charged will get the extra cheap slots, which I could live with.

It might seem impossible to do that when legally only the smart meter does the billing. At least one other supplier has done this with an EV tariff where the smart meter bills you peak for everything, then you get a rebate based upon the kWh logged by your APP integrated with the EV.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 am I suspect eventually, only devices smart charged will get the extra cheap slots, which I could live with.

It might seem impossible to do that when legally only the smart meter does the billing. At least one other supplier has done this with an EV tariff where the smart meter bills you peak for everything, then you get a rebate based upon the kWh logged by your APP integrated with the EV.
I am sure that’s the way it will go when V2H and V2G are up and running.
It would be handy to know which way they intend to go so people can plan how to optimise EV batteries and home batteries…………
They also need to take the green tax off electric and move it to gas, one would assume that’s the first thing they need to do, peak electric is way too expensive cimapered to gas …… :twisted:
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
Andy

Post by Andy »

Yuff wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:58 am Heard today that the relevant team within Octopus are aware of rampant gaming/abuse of IOG and have wheels in motion to resolve the issue. Expect changes folks.
Suspect that will happen when it changes from Beta
https://support.myenergi.com/hc/en-gb/a ... inst%20you.
Gaming the system

In short, don't do it. If you're doing something to artificially increase the duration and/or frequency of your low cost slots then don't do it.

Octopus receive telemetry data from your device indicating charge rate, energy delivered and grid draw so they have more than enough data to be able to identify who is abusing the system and may take action against you.

From PaulH at MyEnergi at the bottom of this page and following threads
https://myenergi.info/intelligent-octop ... s1720.html
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Zappi integration is absolutely ripe for gaming. I don't have personal experience. However I believe that neither Zappi nor Octopus knows the SoC of your car, you tell the app how much charge you need and the cheap slots are scheduled accordingly. So you could be sat there with a car on 75% but can tell the app you need to add 90% by 0400 and it'll schedule the charging slots accordingly. How much if any charge is added to the car is irrelevant. And you can do the same tomorrow and the next day.

No need to do a lap of the M25!

MyEnergi obviously know this. I've never seen Octopus use such blunt terms when discussing misuse of the tariff.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Andy

Post by Andy »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:23 pm Zappi integration is absolutely ripe for gaming. I don't have personal experience. However I believe that neither Zappi nor Octopus knows the SoC of your car, you tell the app how much charge you need and the cheap slots are scheduled accordingly. So you could be sat there with a car on 75% but can tell the app you need to add 90% by 0400 and it'll schedule the charging slots accordingly. How much if any charge is added to the car is irrelevant. And you can do the same tomorrow and the next day.

MyEnergi obviously know this. I've never seen Octopus use such blunt terms when discussing misuse of the tariff.
They have the details of the car and so know how much charge should go in if you need 90%. So if it isn't ball park that figure when the status changes to charge complete they will know what has happened. There is a lot of info available via the api. I use it to calculate my daily savings figures.
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:23 pm Zappi integration is absolutely ripe for gaming. I don't have personal experience. However I believe that neither Zappi nor Octopus knows the SoC of your car, you tell the app how much charge you need and the cheap slots are scheduled accordingly. So you could be sat there with a car on 75% but can tell the app you need to add 90% by 0400 and it'll schedule the charging slots accordingly. How much if any charge is added to the car is irrelevant. And you can do the same tomorrow and the next day.

Gee whizz, that really makes it far too easy to get slots. No wonder people say Zappi’s are great :hysteria:
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
nowty

Post by nowty »

Todays job is taking the old panels off the shed roof, not easy as they are large sized and 26kg each. :?

Two down and four to go. :xx:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:08 pm Todays job is taking the old panels off the shed roof, not easy as they are large sized and 26kg each. :?

Two down and four to go. :xx:

Liking the use of compost & wheelie bin, Inventive! I'll collect them at KH open day? :hysteria:

All kidding aside, what's coming off and what's going on?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees