Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

Joeboy

Re: Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

Post by Joeboy »

At this price, I might just sketch out the outdoor boot room tomorrow. Cheers Nowty!

I'd need there to be headroom left on the 150V/60A charge controller. Can't remember what it hits now!

One more voltage matched(ish) string of 3 maybe?

18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

My aluminium strips for connecting my rail extensions are not coming till Friday now, so I've been re-painting my clamps black with hammerite and cut my rail extensions. I will be painting any exposed rails black once its all up. :oO:

16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Makes all the difference to the finished look. :xl:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Now in operational service, still got to add my anti pigeon brush surround and paint the exposed rails. :mrgreen:
Also my metalwork was sent to the wrong address so I had to bodge the joining of the extension rails for now, thats another job to do but it should not be too bad.

This was a hard job though and I mean hard, far worse than re-powering my shed. If the main roof gets re-powered, I have decided to get someone in.

More power and there was a little headroom left on SMA Sunny Boy No3, looking forward to tomorrows output. :twisted:

Plus I cleaned the 315W ones that came off which were a better voltage match for another string going into my Victron DC coupled charge controller, literally doubled the output compared with my old 250W ones and there was a little headroom on that one too.
They are the four on the decking area. :twisted:
Last edited by nowty on Fri May 10, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:52 pm Now in operational service, still got to add my anti pigeon brush surround and paint the exposed rails. :mrgreen:
Also my metalwork was sent to the wrong address so I had to bodge the extension rails for now, thats another job to do but it should not be too bad.

This was a hard job though and I mean hard, far worse than re-powering my shed. If the main roof gets re-powered, I have decided to get someone in.

More power and there was a little headroom left on SMA Sunny Boy No3, looking forward to tomorrows output. :twisted:

Plus I cleaned the 315W ones that came off which were a better voltage match for another string going into my Victron DC coupled charge controller, literally doubled the output compared with my old 250W ones and there was a little headroom on that one too.
They are the four on the decking area. :twisted:
I'll come down and give you a hand. Get the beers in! What have you been outputting as a rough peak before upgrading? We hit 8kW today excl No1's Hoymiles. I was unashamedly awestruck. Nice job Nowty, absolutely mint look, black hole effective. 👏 👍
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

I was getting about 9kW on the SMA Sunny Boys (AC coupled) and about 1.5kW on the Victron's (DC coupled). It does depend on the time of day as I have some early panels which shade off in the afternoon and afternoon panels which are slow in the morning.

But with the temps increasing this week the peak output has definitely dropped but the longer day more than makes up for it.

I'm now hoping for 10kW on the AC coupled and 2kW on the DC coupled if its sunny. In previous years, it was pointless as the voltage here was too high to export anything reasonable and everything was full up. But the voltage here has dropped to allow more export and Octopus Outgoing export has turned everything on its head. This week I've been exporting 50kWh every day and still importing a little overnight.

Every bit of juice now counts. :xx:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Those all black panels do look good. :xl:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:25 pm I was getting about 9kW on the SMA Sunny Boys (AC coupled) and about 1.5kW on the Victron's (DC coupled). It does depend on the time of day as I have some early panels which shade off in the afternoon and afternoon panels which are slow in the morning.

But with the temps increasing this week the peak output has definitely dropped but the longer day more than makes up for it.

I'm now hoping for 10kW on the AC coupled and 2kW on the DC coupled if its sunny. In previous years, it was pointless as the voltage here was too high to export anything reasonable and everything was full up. But the voltage here has dropped to allow more export and Octopus Outgoing export has turned everything on its head. This week I've been exporting 50kWh every day and still importing a little overnight.

Every bit of juice now counts. :xx:
Have you thought about covering the garden with panels :joker:
Our batteries are importing or exporting 24/7
Best day so far is 50 kWh of export
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mostly sunny, warm but quite hazy here at Nowty Towers today.

Looking likely to finish the day at 76kWh, only 2 kWh away from my all time PB. More importantly, PB's were achieved by mid afternoon on both SMA Sunny Boy No3 inverter and Victron No1 charge controller confirming my Solar panel upgrades over the past couple of days have improved my overall system. :mrgreen:
Last edited by nowty on Sat May 11, 2024 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

79.2 here. PB. Yippee