Cavity wall recommendations near Edinburgh

Joeboy

Re: Cavity wall recommendations near Edinburgh

Post by Joeboy »

chris_n wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:45 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:19 pm
kla456 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:10 pm Quad glazing is very heavy, particularly for swing doors. I had to change the front door to two leaves, because of weight. That was in 2014. Todays best quality triple glazing has equal or better performance.
Thanks Kia, I'm sitting looking at area in the rear lounge. It's a bit excessive if it's underpar. I'm aware of the reduction in bills here with other works but I'd rather be at the top of my game as much as practicable.

I am genuinely unsure how to convert negative 1.1 deg on glass/frame by area to a legit gain.

Surely you just need to compare U values with something like a 20 or 25⁰ difference to get an actual heat loss figure for winter. What will likely be more difficult is to calculate the difference in temperature perception when the internal pane is that much warmer.
I am literally being lazy as hell to see if anyone has treaded this path. I'm wondering what those with triple glazing have seen in change?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AGT

Re: Cavity wall recommendations near Edinburgh

Post by AGT »

I’ve got triple glazed velux windows, really only for the noise reduction point of view, due to rain noise and it’s our family room the rest are 1.1( forget unit) wooden double glazed units

I will upgrade the other old DG velux as part of room by room improvement to help reduce heat loss.